This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

This year she's entering with more points tho (at least that's what the projection stated and they're always on point). Numbers are higher than '19.
    Mood will drop its points in the next weeks anyway and the songs are debuting with 260 points at #1 lately (yeah, even the "big" releases) so Mariah can totally get 280-300 for the first week (or second) of December (remember we have Thanksgiving that always boosts the song).
    Also the non-xmas song always drops a bit on radio so that's a good thing for her.
    Thanksgiving is next week, i don't think she will have enough points to go #1 that early. It's tracking at about 115 points for this tracking week....can't see it growing 2.5x in next week's tracking week. Nor do I think it will get there the week of 27th-December 3rd.

If it performs the same as last year, that tracking week from the December 11th to 17th is most likely when it will go #1 again (then giving 3 weeks).

I'm most interested with the week of December 4th-10th. We will see how primed it is for that. I really want to see if she can dominate the whole month of December this year.

At a minimum as long as she scores that final tracking week and carryover into 2021 then I'll be really happy. Cause that record of 3 consecutive years at #1 with the same song has to go to Mariah.

Comment

• Not this again please...

Comment

Can't believe Mariah is already #14 on US Spotify. The jump after re-entering could be huge if numbers keep growing this way.

Also, AIW is #69 on USA Apple Music (+24), the only Xmas song in the chart.
        Streams are great but radio is still very small. It's just too early. I think they have it tracking to enter the Top 50 this tracking week.....then the week with Thanksgiving it could well soar into the Top 20 if radio catches up fast.

Does anyone know how it usually performs on radio from the end of November heading into December?

I think it's maximum impression are somwhere around 40 isn't it. Mood is currently above 110 isn' it?

Comment

Not this again please...

FCKU them. I was so pissed last year because of this..........and they don't respond to comments at all.

Comment

Caution is still THAT album. Gurl did that.

MCIIU is amazing and so underappreciated. A masterpiece that deserves way more atention.
            Though lambs don't know how to stream. Caution is her most consistent album quality wise since TEOM.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

FCKU them. I was so pissed last year because of this..........and they don't respond to comments at all.
              The UK charts are very strict about spam, they will only count 10 views from the one user in a 24 hour period, I am sure this applies to videos also. If fans are binge streaming videos they simply won't be counted, which could show the discrepancy in numbers. Not 100 percent sure but it is a possibility.

Comment

• Next big test coming this week.....Justin Bieber x Shawn Mendes "Monster" officially releases this weekend.

Hopefully BTS comes back with Dynamite or something to block them from debuting ontop.
                Last edited by skylynx; Mon November 16, 2020, 20:09.

Comment

• Am i the only person who think Billboard needs to change the rules? I find it annoying seeing so many songs debuting at number 1 and then dropping out the top 10 after their second week. It is not for Mariah now, i just find billboard will lose prestige and being number 1 wont be important never again

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I agree with 100%... it was and still is a shame that the album did not spawn at least 1 H100 entry and vanished after 3 weeks.

It's also a crime how it was handled... Caution not being made a single... a no no not getting a real remix and GML staying an unknown album cut... also what happened to 8th Grade... it's blasphemy. However, I still have the album on heavy rotation and I still believe and agree with all the critics that this is one of her finest works.
                    Such a great album, so was MIAMTEC

Next time a big music video or two sponsored by brands and partnerships with Spotify and Apple like AIWFCIY25 campaign would help a great deal , that campaign was genius, it was like a mini-TEOM era

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                      Am i the only person who think Billboard needs to change the rules? I find it annoying seeing so many songs debuting at number 1 and then dropping out the top 10 after their second week. It is not for Mariah now, i just find billboard will lose prestige and being number 1 wont be important never again
                      Billboard rules have been changing since 1901, ain’t nothing we can do about it

Comment

• Its the ACR rule.
                        All her video streaming points are halved!

Comment

Am i the only person who think Billboard needs to change the rules? I find it annoying seeing so many songs debuting at number 1 and then dropping out the top 10 after their second week. It is not for Mariah now, i just find billboard will lose prestige and being number 1 wont be important never again
                          This year has been a complete joke in terms of debuts on the charts.

More than half of those songs debuting at #1 don't deserve it. There are simply too many games being played and less organic #1s. In just one year artists like Ariana, Justin and Travis Scott literally erased all previous debut records. Now if they are deserving songs then OK fine, but none of them will be remembered in 1 year.

Songs like Stuck Wit U, Takeshi's garbage, Travis Scott's crap / Franchise shouldn't have happened.

The other bad behaviour this year is hopping on a song that is already big (Say So, Savage)....they should just ban remixes being counted to the original or make it even harder just to throw on random names and remixes (OTR should never have sustained at the top for that long).

Comment

• Everyone knows the chart rules, it's up to people to use them to their advantage.
                            See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

debuting at #1 is basically nothing special anymore. The BB charts are a mess anyway...

the only good thing about BB is for them to allow xmas music in their chart.

My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                Everyone knows the chart rules, it's up to people to use them to their advantage.
                                so in a couple of years, Mariah will have a 10xP single which never sat at #1 in the UK... I mean... if that's the story they want to tell.
                                My Chart

Comment

• Time of your life!

Comment

This year has been a complete joke in terms of debuts on the charts.

More than half of those songs debuting at #1 don't deserve it. There are simply too many games being played and less organic #1s. In just one year artists like Ariana, Justin and Travis Scott literally erased all previous debut records. Now if they are deserving songs then OK fine, but none of them will be remembered in 1 year.

Songs like Stuck Wit U, Takeshi's garbage, Travis Scott's crap / Franchise shouldn't have happened.

The other bad behaviour this year is hopping on a song that is already big (Say So, Savage)....they should just ban remixes being counted to the original or make it even harder just to throw on random names and remixes (OTR should never have sustained at the top for that long).
                                    Yet you would have had no problem celebrating Unforgettable version with Mariah if it had charted.

Also Mariah often had multiple versions of her songs for different radio audiences formats that all counted for Billboard, back in the day. Plus remixes.

It is ironic because the very rules you are complaining about are the ones that Mariah optimised and maximised last year to ensure she got those three weeks at no 1, the signed singles with a free digital copy, the multiple videos.

Like you can't complain about others doing the same things lol, yet celebrate them when it benefits Mariah.. makes no sense.

Everyone plays the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Yet you would have had no problem celebrating Unforgettable version with Mariah if it had charted.

Also Mariah often had multiple versions of her songs for different radio audiences formats that all counted for Billboard, back in the day. Plus remixes.

It is ironic because the very rules you are complaining about are the ones that Mariah optimised and maximised last year to ensure she got those three weeks at no 1, the signed singles with a free digital copy, the multiple videos.

Like you can't complain about others doing the same things lol, yet celebrate them when it benefits Mariah.. makes no sense.

Everyone plays the game.
                                      those remixes ... at least in Europe... all appeared at once... on 1 CD single... so you bought 1 item and had all those things and nobody measured how often you played what at home in your stereo system. However... to day... acts wait couple of months and then release their remixes with a list other acts and 1000 music videos....It's totally not the same thing to having 1 cd single out.
                                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

those remixes ... at least in Europe... all appeared at once... on 1 CD single... so you bought 1 item and had all those things and nobody measured how often you played what at home in your stereo system. However... to day... acts wait couple of months and then release their remixes with a list other acts and 1000 music videos....It's totally not the same thing to having 1 cd single out.
                                        I was talking about the US, as the person I quoted obviously was too. For example Always be my baby had the main version for pop but R&B stations played mostly the Dupri Mix. Also doesn't Mariah have three or four videos counting for All I want for Christmas is you ? Plus in Europe loads of acts used to have multiple different CD singles when they were a thing, available of the same single, there could be one with extra tracks, then one with remixes and even a third with acoustic versions. Mariah even spoke about the different things that were available for Loverboy - a nice remix package for fans as well as the standard single I mean for A No No, she had THREE versions and THREE videos.
                                        Stop acting as if Mariah hasn't and doesn't use the chart rules to her advantage. She played and plays the game as good as anyone else.

Ultimately ​​​​​​everyone plays by the same rules.
                                        Last edited by InFamous; Mon November 16, 2020, 22:15.

Comment

• Do you want more material possessions? Ain't nothing
                                          Do you want more? Can you commit to be my everything?
                                          Do you want more? Baby convince me with the words you sing
                                          If you wanna be more to me, you must proceed with caution
                                          Caution, caution, cautionnnnn
                                          caution, caution, cautionnn
                                          Caauuutiioooonoooohhhh yeah
                                          proceed with caution...

BITCH! I have to replay that part every now & then

Comment

• Comment

• Also:

Mariah has now surpassed 20 MILLION monthly listeners on Spotify.

"Merry Christmas II You" has entered the Top 40 of US iTunes.

"All I Want For Christmas Is You" rises to #13 (+4) on the Worldwide iTunes Song Chart.

"Merry Christmas II You" re-enters the Worldwide iTunes Album Chart at #119.

plus

Comment

Though lambs don't know how to stream. Caution is her most consistent album quality wise since TEOM.
                                                There, u said it. I actually prefer it over TEOM.

She gave us the looks and the visuals as well.

Comment

Next big test coming this week.....Justin Bieber x Shawn Mendes "Monster" officially releases this weekend.

Hopefully BTS comes back with Dynamite or something to block them from debuting ontop.
                                                  They kinda tanked with her latest releases tho. No big impact at all. If their song debut at #1 - which I don't care if happens - it will free-fall the second week. MOOD has lots of points tho.

Comment

• I fully expect Mariah to hit number one again this year, no one is gonna touch her numbers by mid December IMO

Comment

Working...
                                                    X