Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

    Yet you would have had no problem celebrating Unforgettable version with Mariah if it had charted.

    Also Mariah often had multiple versions of her songs for different radio audiences formats that all counted for Billboard, back in the day. Plus remixes.

    It is ironic because the very rules you are complaining about are the ones that Mariah optimised and maximised last year to ensure she got those three weeks at no 1, the signed singles with a free digital copy, the multiple videos.

    Like you can't complain about others doing the same things lol, yet celebrate them when it benefits Mariah.. makes no sense.

    Everyone plays the game.
    When Mariah starts debuting #1 with a trash song then we can talk. Mariah as far as i'm aware does not pay bots to boost video counts.










    Comment


    • I wonder if we will ever see Merry Christmas top the Billboard 200. If it can't do it last year despite a special edition release and 25th anniversary....

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bm08 View Post


        It's not.

        It's not official from MC's side so maybe if he releases it and it does well she'll snatch and support it.
        What exactly is it anyway and who is he, never heard of him

        Production sounds quite dated like it's for some new commercial.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by skylynx View Post
          I wonder if we will ever see Merry Christmas top the Billboard 200. If it can't do it last year despite a special edition release and 25th anniversary....
          First, it needs to surpass 100,000 weekly sales... which it did not do in 2019... but it could be a possibility in 2020.

          Last season, Merry Christmas was the 3rd best selling Xmas album worldwide after Bublé's and Robbie's... and I don't see any realy competition this year... so she might just advance to 2nd place. And I assume that this will repeat itself for all eternity: Michael Bublé & Mariah Carey - the king and queen of Xmas...
          My Chart

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bm08 View Post


            It's not.

            It's not official from MC's side so maybe if he releases it and it does well she'll snatch and support it.
            it doesn’t sound like it will do well but it’s cute nonetheless

            I want Kygo to remix one of her classics.

            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

            Comment


            • Well, Mariah has been celebrating Loverboy reaching #2 on BBH100 and it being the best selling single of 2001 when it was basically being handed for free. Payola queen.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post
                Well, Mariah has been celebrating Loverboy reaching #2 on BBH100 and it being the best selling single of 2001 when it was basically being handed for free. Payola queen.
                You can’t call her payola queen when she has achieved 19 #1s fair and square.

                Besides, didn’t Columbia reduce the cost of Bootylicious first to sabotage Loverboy? Could be wrong there but when you consider the attempts to kill her professionally in 2001, you can’t blame her for trying what she can to beat it.
                To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

                  You can’t call her payola queen when she has achieved 19 #1s fair and square.

                  Besides, didn’t Columbia reduce the cost of Bootylicious first to sabotage Loverboy? Could be wrong there but when you consider the attempts to kill her professionally in 2001, you can’t blame her for trying what she can to beat it.
                  There's a difference between playing the game and playing it well that your commercial moves go undetected (which can simply be done by releasing a great record) vs. playing the game and blatantly resorting to cheap tactics to flog a trash single, using bots to boost your points, go as low as Justin Bieber like he did on Yummy with his fans.

                  Of course Mariah has been in the industry long enough to know a bit of the charts, she is the Queen on Billboard Hot 100 afterall.....she also says she knows how to write a song that catered to the masses.......though she plays it so well that we as fans and most of the public never question why her songs are hit songs. It's just good music.
                  Last edited by skylynx; Tue November 17, 2020, 12:53.

                  Comment


                  • In other news, “All I Want For Christmas Is You” has been certified PLATINUM in Brasil.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                      First, it needs to surpass 100,000 weekly sales... which it did not do in 2019... but it could be a possibility in 2020.

                      Last season, Merry Christmas was the 3rd best selling Xmas album worldwide after Bublé's and Robbie's... and I don't see any realy competition this year... so she might just advance to 2nd place. And I assume that this will repeat itself for all eternity: Michael Bublé & Mariah Carey - the king and queen of Xmas...
                      Well that's it there, even if she does outdo all new releases, she still has Buble to contend with.....and he's consistently outsold her.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post
                        Well, Mariah has been celebrating Loverboy reaching #2 on BBH100 and it being the best selling single of 2001 when it was basically being handed for free. Payola queen.
                        1st that isn't even payola, 2nd not all the loverboy versions were price reduced, 3rd you can discount as much as you want to but if people don't want to buy it they won't buy it

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by skylynx View Post

                          There's a difference between playing the game and playing it well that your commercial moves go undetected (which can simply be done by releasing a great record) vs. playing the game and blatantly resorting to cheap tactics to flog a trash single, using bots to boost your points, go as low as Justin Bieber like he did on Yummy with his fans.

                          Of course Mariah has been in the industry long enough to know a bit of the charts, she is the Queen on Billboard Hot 100 afterall.....she also says she knows how to write a song that catered to the masses.......though she plays it so well that we as fans and most of the public never question why her songs are hit songs. It's just good music.
                          Her life was out of control in summer 2001 and she was able to have a #2 song. Did the label discounted? yes. Did people go to the record stores and buy it? yes they did.
                          It's not like she put the song in people's devices for free or discounted it on itunes or whatever. The label could have discounted the single and even the fans ignore it because Loverboy wasn't much loved when it was released, but she had a strong fanbase then.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

                            There, u said it. I actually prefer it over TEOM.


                            She gave us the looks and the visuals as well.
                            Giiiiirl byeeeeeee
                            Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by skylynx View Post

                              When Mariah starts debuting #1 with a trash song then we can talk. Mariah as far as i'm aware does not pay bots to boost video counts.
                              Number one, taste is subjective and number two you are now introducing something else that was not in your post that I commented on instead of actually addressing the things she has done ( literally the same as the things you complained about) so its whatever.

                              Rubbish tracks have been going to no 1 for 30 years, that's nothing new. Whether or not they debut there is neither here nor there.

                              Bottom line as bm08 rightfully pointed out rules are the same for everyone.
                              Last edited by InFamous; Tue November 17, 2020, 16:33.

                              Comment


                              • This is going viral....300K on twitter

                                See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                Comment




                                • Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

                                  Comment


                                  • ALL I WANT
                                    US Spotify #24 500,400
                                    US iTunes #24
                                    US Apple Music #92

                                    Comment


                                    • Comment




                                      • Comment


                                        • Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

                                          1st that isn't even payola, 2nd not all the loverboy versions were price reduced, 3rd you can discount as much as you want to but if people don't want to buy it they won't buy it
                                          The exact same thing can be said for those discounting on itunes or for those offering merch to their fans on websites ( when such bundles were counted). Same principles, just different platforms.

                                          Comment


                                          • I think we should move on now because it's just going around in circles.
                                            See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                            Comment


                                            • Back down to earth a bit today after the incredible weekend streams. Though still sitting inside the Top 25 in the US and UK.

                                              ---

                                              Global:
                                              2019 - November 11th Mon - 934,365 (#78)
                                              2019 - November 12th Tue - 982,750 (#74)
                                              2019 - November 13th Wed - 983,304 (#76)
                                              2019 - November 14th Thu - 997,007 (#78)
                                              2019 - November 15th Fri - 1,037,397 (#82)
                                              2019 - November 16th Sat - 1,170,612 (#60)
                                              2019 - November 17th Sun - 1,219,223 (#45)
                                              2019 - November 18th Mon - 1,116,397 (#56) <<<

                                              2020 - November 9th Mon - 971,525 (#98)
                                              2020 - November 10th Tue - 1,021,650 (#94)
                                              2020 - November 11th Wed - 1,109,961 (#81)
                                              2020 - November 12th Thu - 1,134,159 (#83)
                                              2020 - November 13th Fri - 1,259,312 (#73)
                                              2020 - November 14th Sat - 1,555,314 (#49)
                                              2020 - November 15th Sun - 1,617,058 (#34)
                                              2020 - November 16th Mon - 1,454,171 (#47) <<<


                                              US:
                                              2019 - November 11th Mon - 359,208 (#59)
                                              2019 - November 12th Tue - 378,678 (#53)
                                              2019 - November 13th Wed - 361,046 (#59)
                                              2019 - November 14th Thu - 347,324 (#69)
                                              2019 - November 15th Fri - 339,693 (#88)
                                              2019 - November 16th Sat - 368,675 (#64)
                                              2019 - November 17th Sun - 390,374 (#47)
                                              2019 - November 18th Mon - 359,250 (#61) <<<

                                              2020 - November 9th Mon - 368,380 (#51)
                                              2020 - November 10th Tue - 375,430 (#52)
                                              2020 - November 11th Wed - 415,016 (#40)
                                              2020 - November 12th Thu - 421,317 (#39)
                                              2020 - November 13th Fri - 450,204 (#48)
                                              2020 - November 14th Sat - 533,132 (#26)
                                              2020 - November 15th Sun - 542,251 (#14)
                                              2020 - November 16th Mon - 500,400 (#24) <<<


                                              UK:
                                              2019 - November 11th Mon - 86,535 (#67)
                                              2019 - November 12th Tue - 92,457 (#67)
                                              2019 - November 13th Wed - 94,768 (#61)
                                              2019 - November 14th Thu - 104,285 (#54)
                                              2019 - November 15th Fri - 107,337 (#58)
                                              2019 - November 16th Sat - 128,862 (#52)
                                              2019 - November 17th Sun - 133,043 (#35)
                                              2019 - November 18th Mon - 116,051 (#50) <<<

                                              2020 - November 9th Mon - 108,040 (#47)
                                              2020 - November 10th Tue - 111,152 (#46)
                                              2020 - November 11th Wed - 116,916 (#39)
                                              2020 - November 12th Thu - 116,815 (#43)
                                              2020 - November 13th Fri - 135,357 (#36)
                                              2020 - November 14th Sat - 195,450 (#12)
                                              2020 - November 15th Sun - 195,163 (#10)
                                              2020 - November 16th Mon - 148,285 (#20) <<<

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post


                                                Poor lamb

                                                Comment


                                                • Was ravaging through last year's Mariah stuff.....and by this time last year she had already....

                                                  * It's Time debut
                                                  * Walkers ad
                                                  * Video for Billboard 125th Anniversary
                                                  * Filming Billy on the Street
                                                  * Filming the music video
                                                  * Fantasy Tik Tok clip
                                                  * Announcement of AIWFCIY CD Singles
                                                  * St. John the divine videos
                                                  * Some new segments on magazines
                                                  * Nomination into Songwriters HOF

                                                  This year so far:

                                                  * It's Time (2020)
                                                  * Christmas Special tease with AH and JH
                                                  * A few more memoirs interviews

                                                  No new ads or big promo yet outside of the Christmas Special.......should we brace for an onslaught after Thanksgiving....or are they just going to stick to the special and a few other interviews.

                                                  Last year she hit 2 birds in 1 stone with things such as ; i.e. Walkers Ad and Muisc Video.....and likely the billboard interview and photoshoot.

                                                  I hope she uses the Christmas Special in innovative ways outside of the evening event itself.






                                                  Comment


                                                  • Nailed it!

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X