Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts



  • My favorite version of Oh Santa! is this one, as a mash-up with All I Want For Christmas Is You.

    Can't wait for the version with Ariana and JHud.
    My Instagram... - Click here

    Comment


    • Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
      Hmmm...I guess the strategy is to cram Oh Santa with two stars (JHud and Ariana) to ensure chart success...but...the style of Oh Santa is very quick "Talk-Sing"...not sure how fat-belt warbly JHud will sound on it...JHud would have been better of One Child...
      But it's a new version tho.
      Could be a total different arrangement.
      Not a ballad of course but an up-tempo with less talk-singing.

      Comment


      • The worst thing about the original OS for me was the “midi” style production. I’m hoping for something more festive and classic in production. Considering Jermaine’s involvement though, I’m banking on it being very much a JD midi production. Nonetheless I’m very excited for it!
        To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

        Comment


        • What an amazing year! Nobody has ever given so much to their fans... NOBODY! We got practically everything we asked for and now we even got a Mother/Daughter collaboration that we thought we'd never see. I've said it before and I'll say it again - "We are the luckiest fanbase ever!" Hopefully this paves the way for a non-holiday Mariah/Ariana duet.

          Comment


          • I wonder what is the reason for the order of the guest stars' credits...perhaps it is the order of appearance in the special? It's not alphabetical and definitely not based on star power...

            Comment


            • HHMMM interesting news. Imagine the scenario that Oh Santa has a week or two weeks at number one then is supplanted by All I want for Christmas is you for 2 more weeks. Mariah could potentially be at the top of the charts for 4 weeks, effectively replacing herself at the top, having also deuted at 1

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

                But it's a new version tho.
                Could be a total different arrangement.
                Not a ballad of course but an up-tempo with less talk-singing.
                Yes, that is possible. I think though it will probably have Mariah's original vocals (possibly new adlibs) with cut and paste Ariana and JHud and perhaps new elements in the instrumental.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

                  The soundtrack will be released dec 4th on Apple Music , dec 11th date is for the release on other plataforms as Spotify, amazon music etc. the single with Ariana e JHUD will be release everywhere on Dec 4th tho
                  You're right! That's my mistake.
                  See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by leoapp View Post
                    Mariah's 4th no. 1 debut and Ariana's 6th no. 1 debut on Hot 100 is coming!!! And of course, JHud's first ever Hot 100 no. 1.
                    The sales will need to be insane if that was to happen. I can't see an old song like Oh Santa would outstream some of the new hits let alone AIWFCIY.

                    Very exccited though to see what it can do, hopefully that will also raise the profile of the original. Will it be cosidered a remix tagging onto the originals poiints or will it be its own thing with the 3 way rendition.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                      HHMMM interesting news. Imagine the scenario that Oh Santa has a week or two weeks at number one then is supplanted by All I want for Christmas is you for 2 more weeks. Mariah could potentially be at the top of the charts for 4 weeks, effectively replacing herself at the top, having also deuted at 1
                      Another rare record to possibly amass is artist with multiple christmas songs atop. WOW this is exciting!

                      2020 is half bad and half great.
                      A place in time still belongs to us...

                      Comment


                      • Imagine Mariah hitting that Oh Santa! high note in the end, and Ariana and JHud will be looking at her in awe like the Don't Stop (Funkin' 4 Jamaica) video lol.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post

                          Yes, that is possible. I think though it will probably have Mariah's original vocals (possibly new adlibs) with cut and paste Ariana and JHud and perhaps new elements in the instrumental.
                          I hope the "cut & paste" vocals are merged smoothly in that case. I just can't wait!

                          I love the original anyway.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by carey18ph View Post

                            Another rare record to possibly amass is artist with multiple christmas songs atop. WOW this is exciting!

                            2020 is half bad and half great.
                            We need a new WBT/SIO moment. It's time to bring Mariah back to the top 2 songs on the Hot 100 (Oh Santa! @ #1 and AIWFCIY @ #2, vice versa). Ugh, a dream. Lol.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Cyclone View Post
                              What an amazing year! Nobody has ever given so much to their fans... NOBODY! We got practically everything we asked for and now we even got a Mother/Daughter collaboration that we thought we'd never see. I've said it before and I'll say it again - "We are the luckiest fanbase ever!" Hopefully this paves the way for a non-holiday Mariah/Ariana duet.
                              ALL OF THIS!!!

                              SHE FED US THIS YEAR

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Mckenry View Post
                                Imagine Mariah hitting that Oh Santa! high note in the end, and Ariana and JHud will be looking at her in awe like the Don't Stop (Funkin' 4 Jamaica) video lol.
                                Or Ariana can harmonize with her high notes too. That would be epic.
                                A place in time still belongs to us...

                                Comment


                                • Mariah whistle, Ariana high falsetto, JHud upper belt = EARGASM

                                  Comment


                                  • Let's campaign for her 20th no. 1 in 2020. With The release date being strategic and 3 fanbases joining forces, it is very plausible.

                                    #MC202020
                                    A place in time still belongs to us...

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

                                      Oh Santa! is a massive BOP.

                                      Plus it's a new version. I'm totally here for that.

                                      That song deserves justice.
                                      Wow Shaka is back I'm not sure if this remix will do anything for the song. AIW with Bieber didn't chart high and that song is huge on it's own so idk, I guess we will see .
                                      Last edited by Bulwieboo; Wed November 18, 2020, 17:55.

                                      Comment


                                      • Just imagine if Mariah ties The Beetles with Oh Santa!
                                        I AM A GOD!

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

                                          All I Want is so strong in the week of Xmas. That's on the bag already IMO.

                                          Oh Santa! would have a shot - if the competition is weak - the week that it's being released. That would be epic. Ariana is a streaming force and with Mariah's popularity during the season is not too crazy to think in a #1 debut lol.
                                          So Mariah could have back to back number 1s? Wow I’m here for it
                                          ...as I close my eyes, steady my feet on the ground.....

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by carey18ph View Post
                                            Let's campaign for her 20th no. 1 in 2020. With The release date being strategic and 3 fanbases joining forces, it is very plausible.

                                            #MC202020
                                            Well Jennifer doesn't really have a big fanbase outside of casual listeners. So it's really 2 fanbases, 1 a streaming force and 1 a loyal one. Hopefully this collab drums up interest and it will rub off on the general public.

                                            Cause whether it will make #1 acctually now relies on the GP to stream broadly.

                                            It won't have radio so it's streams and sales must be HUGE.



                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by skylynx View Post

                                              Well Jennifer doesn't really have a big fanbase outside of casual listeners. So it's really 2 fanbases, 1 a streaming force and 1 a loyal one. Hopefully this collab drums up interest and it will rub off on the general public.

                                              Cause whether it will make #1 acctually now relies on the GP to stream broadly.

                                              It won't have radio so it's streams and sales must be HUGE.


                                              It's a pop culture moment and very hyped during years. It's going to receive a lot of attention, not just 2 fanbases.
                                              IDK about a #1 moment but a top10 maybe

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

                                                It's a pop culture moment and very hyped during years. It's going to receive a lot of attention, not just 2 fanbases.
                                                IDK about a #1 moment but a top10 maybe
                                                Though will an AppleTV special that is not going to be broadcast on multiple platfforms or TVs will restrict its audience.

                                                I think as it's an old song the novelty may be slightly less.........streams could be big in the first day or weekend thoggh i'm not sure about longetivity.

                                                Comment


                                                • Best Case Scenario:
                                                  * Oh Santa debuts #1 (20th #1)
                                                  * AIWFCIY at #2 (it can go #1 the week after and for the rest of the year)

                                                  This would just blow my mind if it turns out to be true.

                                                  AIWFCIY should at least be Top 5 one would think based on it's performance to date (that Dec 4th tracking week is also it's first opportunity at #1).

                                                  If Oh Santa doesn't hit #1 on this first week, AIWFCIY will be too powerful for the rest of the year.
                                                  Last edited by skylynx; Wed November 18, 2020, 17:53.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by darnellabc View Post
                                                    Just imagine if Mariah ties The Beetles with Oh Santa!
                                                    One can only pray, that record at least needs to be matched

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X