No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s the most popular board for Ariana?! We need to combine both fan teams to make OH Santa #1!
    we need to get them campaigning like we do!
    http://marcokircher.com
    http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
    IG: marco235

Comment

• Oh Santa! is boppage at its best.
      Ain't nothing midi about it, it's in the same vein of Hey ya!
      The only thing about it that put me off was the vocal effects.
      Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
        What’s the most popular board for Ariana?! We need to combine both fan teams to make OH Santa #1!
        we need to get them campaigning like we do!
        Is it ATRL? Though it's hard to subscribe to that board.......are they even open for registration. Sometimes all you see on the front page is a login screen.....sometimes like now, you can actually browse the posts.

So weird how ATRL works.

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
          Oh Santa! is boppage at its best.
          Yep, definately very close to Hey Ya, but I think Oh Santa sounds kinda clunky and needs better mixing and as you say voice mixing. I hope it keeps the fast energy.

I won't be surprised though with this vocal group if they start off with a vocal harmonisation or stripped back start like some of Mariah's Oh Santa remixes then the beat drops hard like it does with the original.

The thing is with the original once it hits hard it just goes at just stays at that level and sounds kinda flat.....i hope to see a bit more shade and at least give the other girls a few distinct lines.

This better not be another Don't Call Me Angel where it's just Ariana's (or Mariah's) show then Miley with a non-existent Lana

Comment

• Was re-reading page 7300 onwards LOL, and came across this little post I made last year that signalled my return to these forums

I've been coming back since

Originally posted by skylynx View Post
            Words cannot describe how happy I am today.

Like many, i've been glued to the forums and following every single prediction. I've even joined Twitter for heavens sake just to see Simon's prediction and seeing what other people are saying about this possibility of reaching #1. We first heard about the possibility of reaching #1 last week, I must say, brings back lots of memories of the WBT and TMB days. Then the whole Juice World thing happened and I started to doubt that it was even possible this week. Little did we know at the time that the battle was with Post Malone. Since the first prediction came out which was too close to call, i've literally been going through emotions all week. Will she make it, what if she doesn't does she have a shot this week. Yes the usual over-analysis. Sigh.

Yes, many of us are chart obsessed though i guess it comes hand in hand with a legend who has achieved so much and broken so many records that in some way we are conditioned to expect or hope that she can do it again to reach new heights. She's proven it before with TEOM.

The past decade has been draining to say the least. Many debacles and public humiliation that you wonder if she'll ever make it through, hoping that it'll be a quick phase and that we'll focus back on the music and that legendary voice. I was sad and mad at the same time. Sad to see her star diminish but more mad that she didn't get the support from the people around her to steer her in the right path. Why are we stressing so much over things we can't control ourselves as lambs. She's been mocked, seen as too campy, a laughing stock in many people's eyes......i think it's obvious we want the best for her and to see her shine and to prove that the haters are wrong.

So grateful for the new management and support she's getting now. It's been a total shift, Caution was great and the first album since TEOM I can put on repeat costantly from start to finish. It was cohesive and very polished. It's clear that she's training more with her voice cause her live singing on tours are getting better and better and more consistent. It's also great to see incorporating some fan favourites such as AYNAF. I was bummed i couldn't make it to her Royal Albert Hall performances this year as I was outsie the country (i've always wondered what it would've been like seeing her live at the Royal Albert and see her photo around the venue). It wasn't meant to be but I watched the live performances and for the first time in a long time I truly felt that her live inging was back on track. Endless Love OMG.

That Billboard Article had so many charts records that i feel a bit dizzy reading it. It almost reads out as a list of stats. We musn't under-estimate or forsake all these achievements. It's not just a once off, viral hit topping the charts but something which has grown in the public conscious and truly belongs in the pantheon of great songs.

It's momments like this where I reflect on my history with her music and why I love her so much. She has truly been the soundtrack of most of my life. Others come and go but I would always revert back to her music most of the time. I wish this momment is the same for you. We must cherish this and what better way to ring in Christmas than with something that we have wanted for so long.

Comment

• I will make my Oh Santa prediction, after I hear the track.

If the track is HOT TAMALE and Jermaine did a good job on production, then 20th #1 is possible.

if the track is a cut and paste mess, and the production is lazy, expect it to end up on the "I dont know her" list along with triumphant, save the day.....

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                I will make my Oh Santa prediction, after I hear the track.

If the track is HOT TAMALE and Jermaine did a good job on production, then 20th #1 is possible.

if the track is a cut and paste mess, and the production is lazy, expect it to end up on the "I dont know her" list along with triumphant, save the day.....
                Triumphant is her best song ever. what r u on?
                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

It better be a new album next year LOL, one can dream right.
                  I hope so.

I'm still blasting Caution in the meantime. What a masterpiece!

Comment

i need this on streaming services
                    In which country do you live? It is on Spotify where I live (the Netherlands).
                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post
                      AIW in the top 20 of US Spotify while hovering outside the top 60 this time last year is unbelievable.
                      Amazing, right?
                      I'm expecting a drop 'cause tonight there's lots of new releases tho.
                      I hope it can stay stable

Comment

Triumphant and Save the Day??
                        Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                          Oh Santa! is boppage at its best.
                          Yasss, love it. The whole vibe, I mean is so festive
                          Not a fan of the auto-tuned whistles but other than that, amazing Xmas track - totally eclipsed by the monster that All I Want is.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                            I wonder did they record their vocals together in a same studio
                            Because of Covid, definitely not.

most likely ariana and Jennifer sent their parts in

Comment

Half (or more) than songs that are #1 hit are quite low-average quality-wise, so that won't be a factor.

It depends on the Arianators, the strategy that their teams put together, and finally if it "clicks" in the GP.

Comment

• I'm sure this new version will have more big vocals and less talk-singing and effects going on.

I mean: Mariah - Ariana - JHud are vocalists.

I'm expecting whistle and falsetto harmonies, some nice belting and - I hope - a cool acoustic Intro. I need those 3 voices to shine together.

Comment

• Friendly reminder:
                                  Tonight Mariah will make a special appearance at the Fresh Air Fund Gala at 8pmET.

Comment

• wow!

---

---

"All I Want For Christmas Is You" is eligible for 8x PLATINUM in the US this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

Yep, definately very close to Hey Ya, but I think Oh Santa sounds kinda clunky and needs better mixing and as you say voice mixing. I hope it keeps the fast energy.

I won't be surprised though with this vocal group if they start off with a vocal harmonisation or stripped back start like some of Mariah's Oh Santa remixes then the beat drops hard like it does with the original.

The thing is with the original once it hits hard it just goes at just stays at that level and sounds kinda flat.....i hope to see a bit more shade and at least give the other girls a few distinct lines.

This better not be another Don't Call Me Angel where it's just Ariana's (or Mariah's) show then Miley with a non-existent Lana
                                      What?! Lana's bridge was the part that saved that mess of a song lol
                                      I stan ha.
                                      Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• I really hope the new version of oh santa! Is better than the original. The original sucks!!!!
                                        AsaPUKE ing bola
                                        king lalam ning TETE

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                                          If you look at the original Christmas songs since 2010, Oh Santa! Is way better than any of those with such an infectious hook!
                                          I can’t wait for it to be introduced to the GP that have never heard it before!
                                          Underneath the tree says hi.
                                          AsaPUKE ing bola
                                          king lalam ning TETE

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Triumphant is her best song ever. what r u on?

Seriously - the Triumphant dance remixes are so good!
                                            Underrated... unfairly so.

The chorus of the song is very strong, that had she featured on the original version more (instead of being a guest on her own song ), I would have liked that version more too.

Although I can never tell when stevyy is joking. But I think we tend to agree on most songs
                                            MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                              I'm sure this new version will have more big vocals and less talk-singing and effects going on.

I mean: Mariah - Ariana - JHud are vocalists.

I'm expecting whistle and falsetto harmonies, some nice belting and - I hope - a cool acoustic Intro. I need those 3 voices to shine together.
                                              Otherwise, if the same production as the original, then they wasted the moment that is the mariah ariana duet.

I really don't get jhud's inclusion in this. On a business perspective, she has 0 contribution. Looking at both the tweets of ari and jhud announcing their mariah collab, jhud's tweet has little to nil noise.it would have been more epic if its just mariah and ariana.
                                              AsaPUKE ing bola
                                              king lalam ning TETE

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post

Why are u assuming that it will have little sales and little radio? Mariah and Ariana it is a MOMENT im sure radio will eat it and it will be number 1 on every download platform
                                                It would be a moment if they released a proper single together but maybe the interest will be somewhat limited considering that it's from a holiday special.

Comment

• Originally posted by 05musicbox View Post

Underneath the tree says hi.
                                                  i have to agree. Underneath The Tree is the best modern day Christmas song (post 2010). OS could top it if the production is amazing this time around.
                                                  To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• The JHud disrespect is too much.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X