• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally a full length video of make it happen at essence festival 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

That reminds me of something actually

When YM(E) was released, didn’t she say something like, she expected the song to grow ORGANICALLY??

I love that song though, probably that’s the most played song ever on my phone
      This is a completely different moment and situation.
      TeamMariah wants a #1 hit straight out of the gate.
      And its very possible!

Comment

• Looks like the announcement barely made much impact to the streams on Spotify. Strange. Looks like it's truly a beast of its own.

The US the Top 20 pretty much stayed static though Lil Nas X looks to be doing much better since last weekend....his streams have been increasing each day, could well turn into a threat.

I'm expecting big drops positionally tomorrow as there's so many new releases and the BTS album bomb....though stream count will be important.

---

Global:
        2019 - November 14th Thu - 997,007 (#78)
        2019 - November 15th Fri - 1,037,397 (#82)
        2019 - November 16th Sat - 1,170,612 (#60)
        2019 - November 17th Sun - 1,219,223 (#45)
        2019 - November 18th Mon - 1,116,397 (#56)
        2019 - November 19th Tue - 1,174,293 (#55)
        2019 - November 20th Wed - 1,215,749 (#57)
        2019 - November 21st Thu - 1,342,208 (#50) <<<

2020 - November 12th Thu - 1,134,159 (#83)
        2020 - November 13th Fri - 1,259,312 (#73)
        2020 - November 14th Sat - 1,555,314 (#49)
        2020 - November 15th Sun - 1,617,058 (#34)
        2020 - November 16th Mon - 1,454,171 (#47)
        2020 - November 17th Tue - 1,524,404 (#41)
        2020 - November 18th Wed - 1,588,193 (#36)
        2020 - November 19th Thu - 1,712,476 (#33) <<<

US:
        2019 - November 14th Thu - 347,324 (#69)
        2019 - November 15th Fri - 339,693 (#88)
        2019 - November 16th Sat - 368,675 (#64)
        2019 - November 17th Sun - 390,374 (#47)
        2019 - November 18th Mon - 359,250 (#61)
        2019 - November 19th Tue - 362,490 (#64)
        2019 - November 20th Wed - 374,590 (#61)
        2019 - November 21st Thu - 430,414 (#51) <<<

2020 - November 13th Fri - 450,204 (#48)
        2020 - November 14th Sat - 533,132 (#26)
        2020 - November 15th Sun - 542,251 (#14)
        2020 - November 16th Mon - 500,400 (#24)
        2020 - November 17th Tue - 525,743 (#19)
        2020 - November 18th Wed - 548,808 (#17)
        2020 - November 19th Thu - 546,521 (#17) <<<

UK:
        2019 - November 14th Thu - 104,285 (#54)
        2019 - November 15th Fri - 107,337 (#58)
        2019 - November 16th Sat - 128,862 (#52)
        2019 - November 17th Sun - 133,043 (#35)
        2019 - November 18th Mon - 116,051 (#50)
        2019 - November 19th Tue - 132,868 (#42)
        2019 - November 20th Wed - 135,900 (#41)
        2019 - November 21st Thu - 148,201 (#38) <<<

2020 - November 12th Thu - 116,815 (#43)
        2020 - November 13th Fri - 135,357 (#36)
        2020 - November 14th Sat - 195,450 (#12)
        2020 - November 15th Sun - 195,163 (#10)
        2020 - November 16th Mon - 148,285 (#20)
        2020 - November 17th Tue - 148,817 (#20)
        2020 - November 18th Wed - 157,207 (#20)
        2020 - November 19th Thu - 174,182 (#17) <<<

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

I think it will be a while new single. Like when that artist from years ago released a remix to the single she stole from a legend and put Ja Rule on it.
          Actually both versions of I'm real were combined for charting purposes in the US. Billboard changed the rule after that.
          They decide on a case by case basis also. It depends on if they class them as similar songs or completely different so it is basically up to Billboard.

Has Oh Santa had any little bump since the announcement ?
          Last edited by InFamous; Fri November 20, 2020, 18:37.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Actually both version of I'm real were combined for charting purposes. Billboard changed the rule after that.
            They decide on a case by case basis also. It depends on if they class them as similar songs or completely different so it is basically up to Billboard.
            Oh Santa will be treated as different so people should support the new track.
            See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Actually both version of I'm real were combined for charting purposes. Billboard changed the rule after that.
              maybe I stand corrected, but I distinctly remember it saying “I’m Real remix feat. Ja Rule” when it was number 1. Maybe that was just how it was listed then.
              To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Oh Santa will be treated as different so people should support the new track.
                But how do you know this explicitly? Billboard have always stated that they treat remixes on a case by case basis.

Comment

maybe I stand corrected, but I distinctly remember it saying “I’m Real remix feat. Ja Rule” when it was number 1. Maybe that was just how it was listed then.
                  It would have said that as that version had the most chart points. Like the way they credited Bey on the remix when her version had the majority of the points those weeks.
                  But seriously, they literally changed the rules after that happened with JLO cos the tracks were completely different.

Comment

It would have said that as that version had the most chart points. Like the way they credited Bey on the remix when her version had the majority of the points those weeks.
                    But seriously, they literally changed the rules after that happened with JLO cos the tracks were completely different.
                    Yeah that makes sense. Seems utterly outrageous that those two songs could chart as the same one lol.

To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                      I can’t wait to hear what Mariah does with Sleigh Ride.
                      I have a feeling it might be with Snoop and possibly produced by JD.
                      Or, do you think it’ll be more like The Ronettes?
                      Part of me hopes it is inspired by Debbie Gibson's version of Sleigh Ride (the best and most festive version I know).
                      Seeing as Mariah's love for Debbie, she surely must know this version.

The other part of me hopes it's totally different so it won't take away the glory of Debbie's version.
                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Lambs are super talented

Comment

• HitsDailyDouble has Mariah’s “AIWFCIY” coming in at #9 on their Overall Streaming Chart this week with 12,226,320 streams. And to put that in perspective, the #1 most streamed song on the chart has about 15.6 million.

https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/streaming_songs

Comment

• I'm really looking forward to the Zane Lowe interview.......i quite like the interviews he does which focuses on the business side of music and also goes very deep into the songwriting and creation process.

I hope it's at least 45 mins.

If there was ever an interviewer that can go beyond the typical questions on the music making process and industry it's Zane Lowe.

Comment

• Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post
                              HitsDailyDouble has Mariah’s “AIWFCIY” coming in at #9 on their Overall Streaming Chart this week with 12,226,320 streams. And to put that in perspective, the #1 most streamed song on the chart has about 15.6 million.

https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/streaming_songs
                              SLEIGH!

Comment

Yeah that makes sense. Seems utterly outrageous that those two songs could chart as the same one lol.
                                Well it was, but Mariah did it too come on. TGIFY and the TGIFY make it last remix combined for the charts in the US. She got airplay points for both versions.

Jlo tried it again with Aint it Funny and Billboard were like No, not happening.
                                The song still went number one though anyway

Also, that mock up cover looks amazing . I love it.
                                Last edited by InFamous; Fri November 20, 2020, 19:57.

Comment

Actually both versions of I'm real were combined for charting purposes in the US. Billboard changed the rule after that.

Has Oh Santa had any little bump since the announcement ?
                                  yes, it's at 38k-39k daily streams during the past 2 days. (By far the most streamed track off the 2nd Xmas album).

Nov 19 - Mariah's biggest Xmas songs on Spotify

01 - +1,735,612 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
                                  02 - +391,003 - 1994 - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
                                  03 - +119,943 - 1994 - O Holy Night
                                  04 - +86,091 - 1994 - Silent Night
                                  05 - +82,759 - 2011 - All I want for Christmas Is You (ft. JB)
                                  06 - +76,912 - 1994 - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
                                  07 - +38,625 - 2010 - Oh Santa
                                  08 - +24,678 - 2010 - All I want for Christmas Is You (Extra Festive)
                                  09 - +20,146 - 1994 - Joy To The World
                                  10 - +18,125 - 2011 - When Christmas Comes (ft. JL)
                                  My Chart

Comment

I think it will be a while new single. Like when that entertainer from years ago released a remix to the single she stole from a legend and put Ja Rule on it.
                                    ^^^FIXED ;-)
                                    You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                      I'm really looking forward to the Zane Lowe interview.......i quite like the interviews he does which focuses on the business side of music and also goes very deep into the songwriting and creation process.

I hope it's at least 45 mins.

If there was ever an interviewer that can go beyond the typical questions on the music making process and industry it's Zane Lowe.

I’m looking forward to it too although I’m kind of disappointed it wasn’t sooner, I hope there’s not much Christmas discussion and more focus on the book and non holiday music (I mean of course promote her upcoming products too).

I really want her to do another Genius interview with Rob Markman, best interview based on music she’s ever done!

Comment

Well it was, but Mariah did it too come on. TGIFY and the TGIFY make it last remix combined for the charts in the US. She got airplay points for both versions.

Jlo tried it again with Aint it Funny and Billboard were like No, not happening.
                                        The song still went number one though anyway

Also, that mock up cover looks amazing . I love it.
                                        True. MA, ISB and Heartbreaker remixes contributed to song's chart performance as well. I guess the only difference with "I'm Real" is that the remix significantly outperformed the original that is why BB decided to change the rule.
                                        Last edited by carey18ph; Sat November 21, 2020, 03:41.
                                        A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• I think everyone should lower their expectations about the oh santa coming duet.
                                          I don’t think it’ll debut at #1 or even reach it.
                                          The problem is with the song it self, it’s not even that good, it just has that dull melody, which has become one of main mariah’s problems, her most newer songs just has that dull melody/writings....i’ll be glad to eat my words tho

i just think it’s a wasted opportunity, and she could have chose something else, like maybe from the first Christmas album.

Comment

• I will try to do that and hope that it will at least crack top 10 but the thought of her achieving rare chart records is just so exciting to contemplate.
                                            A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Not to be a greedy lamb (especially with everything coming on December 4th!) but is this the first Friday where we didn't receive anything for MC30???

EDIT: JK... the MC30 Surprise Today/Tonight was the new Christmas merch at the Official Store!!! It all looks so good! There goes my money!
                                              Last edited by 24fanatic; Sat November 21, 2020, 04:51.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                                Lambs are super talented
                                                Can't wait to see the art-cover single.

I wonder when (or IF) they have something planned already, like a teaser vid, the art-cover, a snippet - but I mean as a whole strategy... or they're planning to drop it all of sudden.

I hope they play their cards right.

Is Scooter still with Ari? We know he will do anything to make this a success.

Comment

• Originally posted by mariahcareyfan View Post
                                                  ...it just has that dull melody, which has become one of main mariah’s problems, her most newer songs just has that dull melody/writings...
                                                  Did u hear about Caution album dahling?

Comment

• Yeah I’m not buying the dull melody thing either. Just say you prefer her earlier music that’s completely fine but one thing Mariah probably won’t ever lose is having great melodies.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X