X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    Just back from a late walk listening to The Rarities

This still slays me so much

I can't get into it. It's lovely, but I just can't bring myself to really enjoy it. And this is after spending many years of wanting to hear her sing it, lol.

One Night is my jam, though. It showcases everything I love about her Daydream tone and technique.

Comment

• My favorite part of “Oh Santa” is “come on oh Kris Kringle send me (HELP)”

I love that melody change, the whole second verse is A+mazing

The only thing that prevents me being obsessed with the original is that doorbell chime that repeats throughout, it is distracting and takes away from my ability to concentrate on the melody and lyrics! They took that element away in those Jump Smokers remixes, I prefer the JD beat except I find myself listening to the Jump Smokers more because that element is gone and I can just concentrate on dem lyrics and melodies
      Last edited by allygdale; Sun November 22, 2020, 04:59.

Comment

• Your faves could never!

Comment

• My goodness...AIW is unstoppable. Lambs dont even need to lift a finger. It will still reach number one just with GP's consumption. I hope it gives its sister song one week to shine before its total sleighyage.
          A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
            Merry Christmas (1994) is on the verge to become the first 1990s decade album by a female artist to surpass 1 billion streams on Spotify: 999,630,083 as of November 20th.
            Oh, look, another record by Queen. Legend.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
              I love #MC30. We have been given so much these weeks.

week 1: The Live Debut 1990

week 2: Someday EP, There's Got To Be A Way EP, All In Your Mind (different take) snippet

week 3: Emotions EP, Make It Happen EP, Can't Let Go (Live from TOTP), Emotions (HD video), Make It Happen (HD video)

week 4: Dreamlover EP, Never Forget You EP, Anytime You Need A Friend EP, Dreamlover (HD video), Dreamlover (Live from TOTP), Anytime You Need A Friend (Live from TOTP), Anytime You Need A Friend (Soulconvention Remix - video)

week 5: Fantasy EP, One Sweet Day EP, Always Be My Baby EP, Underneath The Stars EP, Open Arms (Live from TOTP), Always Be My Baby (HQ video), snippet of the Underneath The Stars video

week 6: Fantasy (HD video), Fantasy remix (HD video), One Sweet Day (HD video), Save The Day (new single)

week 7: Honey EP, Butterfly EP, The Roof EP, Breakdown EP, My All EP, Honey (HD video), Honey remix (HD video), Butterfly (HD video), Breakdown (HD video), My All (HD video)

week 8: Mariah en Espaņol EP, Sweetheart EP, I Still Believe EP, Do You Know Where You're Going To EP, I Still Believe remix (HD video), The Roof (HD video), Whenever You Call (HD video), Sweetheart (HD video), I Still Believe (HD video)

week 9: colored vinyl LP's

week 10: Out Here On My Own (new song), Out Here On My Own (lyric video)

week 11: secret comes out: Mariah made an album with Chick, release of her memoir The Meaning Of Mariah Carey, Vision Of Love (HD video), Love Takes Time (HD video), I Don't Wanna Cry (HD video), Can't let go (HD video), Hero (HD video), Anytime You Need A Friend (HD video), The meaning of Mariah Carey (book)

week 12: The Rarities (2CD), El Amor Que Soņé (HD video)

week 13: Heartbreaker EP, Thank God I Found You EP, Can't Take That Away EP, Against All Odds EP, Heartbreaker (HD video), Thank God I Found You (HD video), Thank God I Found You (HD remix video), Can't Take That Away (HD video), Against All Odds (HD video with Westlife)

week 14: Emotions (Live from TOTP), Without You (Live from TOTP), Endless Love (Live from TOTP)

week 15: Save the Day (lyric video), Always Be My Baby (Live video), Without You (Live video), Anytime You Need A Friend (Live video)

week 16: Where I Belong (with Busta Rhymes), Heartbreaker remix (HD video), I Know What You Want (HD video)

week 17: I'll Be There (Live from TOTP)

week 18: Underneath The Stars (video)

week 19: Announcement Oh Santa collab with Ariana Grande and JHud

week 20: New merchandise
              Thanks for putting all this together

Mariah literally saved my 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Thanks for putting all this together

Mariah literally saved my 2020.
                And people whinge about the output... that list is crazy! SMH

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                  Mariah just tweeted that MC30 releases will resume in 2021! So I guess she’s gonna concentrate on Christmas and then bring on IDJ in 2021. Please Queen give us Skydiving!
                  Yasss.

That's great and a smart choice since she's gonna still very active with the weekly releases after Xmas. She usually goes MIA on January until mid-February.

Comment

• P.S. the merch is so cute!

Originally posted by banksy View Post
                    Checking in to see what the lambs are up to. I'm elated to see that my beloved Shaka has returned!
                    Hi bae!

So sorry for what happened to you. But u're here now and let's !!!

Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

And people whinge about the output... that list is crazy! SMH
                    I know!

Comment

• So happy the book was also a success.

Although Mariah Carey chooses to leave out certain tabloid elements of her life, including her relationship with Eminem, the singer-songwriter’s 350-plus page debut book covers everything from the racism she experienced as a child to her tumultuous (to say the least) first marriage to music exec Tommy Mottola to putting her 2001 alleged “breakdown” in her own words. It’s full of personality, and even if you opt not to listen to the audiobook (which the diva herself does read — and at times, sing), you can still hear every sentence perfectly in her voice. Some of her songs have offered glimpses into her emotions before, but this dives deeply.
                      ---

LOL very OT, this is a very heady belt (and quite pushy F#5), it doesn't sound like a whistle at all

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
                        Checking in to see what the lambs are up to. I'm elated to see that my beloved Shaka has returned!

I've been MIA myself. I capped off my 2020 by getting dumped by my boyfriend, who in turn tried to strangle and eventually shot the woman he left me for before shooting himself in the chest. Both survived, and I'm just...I don't even know WTF I am. This happened on Halloween. And no, he's no roughneck. He's just a highly unstable individual, and I was more than happy to see him leave.

I'm only sharing that here because everyone who knows me is tired of talking about it. I clearly still need to talk about it. We weren't even a thing for that long, but I have been shook by this for a hot minute.So glad I didn't move in like he wanted.

Ooh - no, keep talking about it.
                        But most importantly - talk about it to people who can help. If you haven't already. I think professionals (psychologists - not just counsellors) would be important in this case. Don't hold this inside and not deal with it properly. This is not a minor thing.

Hope you're going to be ok though.

P.S. - I agree about One Night.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Good thing Mariah's paused MC30 - wise move because her Christmas stuff will just overshadow... pretty much everything at this point
                          MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Some stats:

MiMi has now surpassed 22M monthly listeners on Spotify.

Mariah's 2019 version of “All I Want For Christmas Is You” has now surpassed 60M views on YouTube.
                            This vid was a total success!

All I Want For Christmas Is You" rises to #18 (+15) on the Worldwide Apple Music Song Chart.

---

Numbers for debut songs are a little lower now.

Mariah broke the record last year with 12.029M streams on Christmas Eve (and she did over 9M on the 25th).

Let's see if this year she can break her own record

Comment

• Love his reactions.

Comment

Oh, look, another record by Queen. Legend.
                                3years ago, haterz were counting Mariah out.

In 2020, Mariah still breaking records and making history.

Your faves could never!

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

3years ago, haterz were counting Mariah out.

In 2020, Mariah still breaking records and making history.

Your faves could never!
                                  She's gonna get another record for three consecutive years at #1 with the same song. Imagine being that legendary.

Comment

---

Numbers for debut songs are a little lower now.

Mariah broke the record last year with 12.029M streams on Christmas Eve (and she did over 9M on the 25th).

Let's see if this year she can break her own record

Just looking at those numbers ,proves how HUGE AIWFICY is!
                                    12+ million streams

your faves could never

Comment

She's gonna get another record for three consecutive years at #1 with the same song. Imagine being that legendary.
                                      nobody is that legendary.
                                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

Just looking at those numbers ,proves how HUGE AIWFICY is!
                                        12+ million streams

your faves could never
                                        AIWFCIY is by far the biggest xmas song on streaming. The season of the song starts in the final week of August and then explodes in the first week of September - as evidenced by its daily streams. Which means that the Mariah season is starting on September 1st these days (and not in December as some bitter haters are claiming).

My Chart

Comment

• Didn’t know this existed lol

Comment

• Will AIW end up being the most successful modern christmas song ever? Has it surpassed Last Christmas yet?

Comment

• "All I Want" is already Top 20 on Global Spotify - at #19 with 2.59M streams.

Comment

Last year AIW re-entered at #39 btw.
                                                It did enter at #39 last year, but the weeks between last year and this year don't really align.

Last year, the week it entered at #39 corresponds to last week our time (this year) or at least as close to that given the dates.

I think it debuted on Nov 19 where as this year it will be Nov 24 (calendar dates not chart dates).

On Nov 26 last year it rose to #31, then #18.

It seems to be tracking similarly this year - although it's higher on Spotify and has more youtube views than this time last year, so may outdo its corresponding chart positions.
                                                We shall see.
                                                MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Love his reactions.

Mariah is a vocal Jedi MASTER!

Comment

• Originally posted by mimiongaku View Post
                                                    Will AIW end up being the most successful modern christmas song ever? Has it surpassed Last Christmas yet?
                                                    Surely it has surpassed LC. Love that song though.
                                                    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X