No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder what they're going to do leading up to it to promote it.
    Surely a single cover or poster of some sort. what is Apple doing to promote it ahead of time?

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
      I wonder what they're going to do leading up to it to promote it.
      Surely a single cover or poster of some sort. what is Apple doing to promote it ahead of time?
      Single cover most likely this week (Friday). Maybe a snippet of the video/song, as we get closer to Dec4.

Comment

Bring on the promo and interviews....

Tue November 24th - Naomi Campbell No Filter Interview
        Fri November 27th - Graham Norton Interview
        Tue December 1st - Heroes of New York Medley Performance
        Fri December 4th - Mariah's Magical Christmas Special and Oh Santa Single Release
        Mon December 7th - Zane Lowe Interview
        Fri December 11th - Soundtrack released on all other platforms
        Fri December 25th - 6-hour holiday special (obviously pre-recorded)
        The Naomi Campbell video interview premieres in 3.5 hrs !!

Comment

• Globally, it dropped 18% from Sunday today which is a much bigger drop than last year's 8% drop....though clearly it's still ahead mid-week and performing much better on the weekends particularly Saturday and Sunday.

In the US, it registered a 10% drop from Sunday whilst last year barely dropped at all on Monday. The date to watch is obviously Thursday's Thanksgiving...last year, it torpedoed into the Top 15 with a huge jump, this year it should enter the Top 10...Top 5 is a possibility though may be a bit hard unless it outperforms.

The UK's drop was down 28% on Monday compared to last year's 16%. There's really not much separating the Top 10, unless there's a monster new release this weekend....it could well hit #1 this coming weekend.

---

Global:
          2019 - November 18th Mon - 1,116,397 (#56)
          2019 - November 19th Tue - 1,174,293 (#55)
          2019 - November 20th Wed - 1,215,749 (#57)
          2019 - November 21st Thu - 1,342,208 (#50)
          2019 - November 22nd Fri - 1,561,600 (#44)
          2019 - November 23rd Sat - 1,779,235 (#26)
          2019 - November 24th Sun - 1,815,044 (#21)
          2019 - November 25th Mon - 1,668,702 (#27) <<<
          2019 - November 26th Tue - 1,748,134 (#27)
          2019 - November 27th Wed - 1,890,507 (#25)
          2019 - November 28th Thu - 2,058,910 (#20)

2020 - November 16th Mon - 1,454,171 (#47)
          2020 - November 17th Tue - 1,524,404 (#41)
          2020 - November 18th Wed - 1,588,193 (#36)
          2020 - November 19th Thu - 1,712,476 (#33)
          2020 - November 20th Fri - 1,954,784 (#35)
          2020 - November 21st Sat - 2,587,920 (#19)
          2020 - November 22nd Sun - 2,645,172 (#17)
          2020 - November 23rd Mon - 2,173,948 (#21) <<<

US:
          2019 - November 18th Mon - 359,250 (#61)
          2019 - November 19th Tue - 362,490 (#64)
          2019 - November 20th Wed - 374,590 (#61)
          2019 - November 21st Thu - 430,414 (#51)
          2019 - November 22nd Fri - 480,020 (#53)
          2019 - November 23rd Sat - 499,150 (#41)
          2019 - November 24th Sun - 485,684 (#33)
          2019 - November 25th Mon - 479,047 (#41) <<<
          2019 - November 26th Tue - 501,256 (#39)
          2019 - November 27th Wed - 591,328 (#31)
          2019 - November 28th Thu - 666,489 (#14)

2020 - November 16th Mon - 500,400 (#24)
          2020 - November 17th Tue - 525,743 (#19)
          2020 - November 18th Wed - 548,808 (#17)
          2020 - November 19th Thu - 546,521 (#17)
          2020 - November 20th Fri - 564,984 (#30)
          2020 - November 21st Sat - 698,281 (#17)
          2020 - November 22nd Sun - 724,860 (#10)
          2020 - November 23rd Mon - 649,527 (#14) <<<

UK:
          2019 - November 18th Mon - 116,051 (#50)
          2019 - November 19th Tue - 132,868 (#42)
          2019 - November 20th Wed - 135,900 (#41)
          2019 - November 21st Thu - 148,201 (#38)
          2019 - November 22nd Fri - 170,861 (#34)
          2019 - November 23rd Sat - 208,583 (#19)
          2019 - November 24th Sun - 218,612 (#13)
          2019 - November 25th Mon - 183,232 (#24) <<<
          2019 - November 26th Tue - 188,193 (#23)
          2019 - November 27th Wed - 188,350 (#23)
          2019 - November 28th Thu - 206,443 (#20)

2020 - November 16th Mon - 148,285 (#20)
          2020 - November 17th Tue - 148,817 (#20)
          2020 - November 18th Wed - 157,207 (#20)
          2020 - November 19th Thu - 174,182 (#17)
          2020 - November 20th Fri - 231,024 (#9)
          2020 - November 21st Sat - 331,055 (#4)
          2020 - November 22nd Sun - 330,688 (#2)
          2020 - November 23rd Mon - 238,441 (#6) <<<

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

The Naomi Campbell video interview premieres in 3.5 hrs !!

It it really live or pre-recorded and shown live. Her videos seem too polished to be live live.

Comment

• Anyone surprised Bye Bye got this at the same time as DFAU...LOL, Bye Bye goes down as the biggest singles release misstep in her career. Can you imagine the slayage had she followed TMB with Migrate and then I'll be Lovingg you Long Time....she would've ruled all Summer

Comment

• Mariah continues to SLEIGH !!!
                New RIAA certifications

Comment

• The result may likely be the same had she released Migrate than Bye Bye. Latter's performance went downhill by the time it was announced that she married Nick Canon.
                  A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

Anyone surprised Bye Bye got this at the same time as DFAU...LOL, Bye Bye goes down as the biggest singles release misstep in her career. Can you imagine the slayage had she followed TMB with Migrate and then I'll be Lovingg you Long Time....she would've ruled all Summer

Bye Bye is big in South-East Asia and China. She could’ve just released Migrate immediately when Bye Bye underperformed but she chose Nick

Comment

• Bye bye, was a dumb decision made by LA reid
                      He wanted a global anthem, but it backfired.

don't get me started on the stupid video. Almost as bad as Save the Day.

Migrate or Lovin you long time, was the perfect follow-up to Touch my body. Bye bye killed the momentum of the album.

Mariah would have broken the Beatles record by now, if the cards were played right

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post
                        The result may likely be the same had she released Migrate than Bye Bye. Latter's performance went downhill by the time it was announced that she married Nick Canon.
                        The fate of the album may have been the same. We will never know...

But Migrate had a better chance of succeeding during the Summer, compared to Bye bye.

Comment

• Im really impressed with Obsessed 3x platinum.
                          its now one of her biggest selling singles, despite not reaching #1!

Comment

• I guess this means the Debut album will be stuck at 9x platinum....

i wish RIAA updated it

Comment

• Comment

• Are we expecting any GRAMMY nominations today?

"its boing"...

Comment

• The hell is the Jimmy Fallon AIW feat. The Roots?!
                                  It's no longer on Fallon's YouTube account.
                                  When was it deleted?!
                                  Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

I guess this means the Debut album will be stuck at 9x platinum....

i wish RIAA updated it
                                    RIAA can only update what's elegible

Great to see Obsessed at 3 * plat

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

that's what i mean.
                                      I'm starting to think the debut sales aren't as close to 10million as we thought....

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                                        The hell is the Jimmy Fallon AIW feat. The Roots?!
                                        It's no longer on Fallon's YouTube account.
                                        When was it deleted?!
                                        Such a shame.....

it had over 20million views

Comment

Are we expecting any GRAMMY nominations today?

"its boing"...
                                          Impossible lol

Comment

Bye bye, was a dumb decision made by LA reid
                                            He wanted a global anthem, but it backfired.

don't get me started on the stupid video. Almost as bad as Save the Day.

Migrate or Lovin you long time, was the perfect follow-up to Touch my body. Bye bye killed the momentum of the album.

Mariah would have broken the Beatles record by now, if the cards were played right
                                            I think it was her marriage with Nick that killed the momentum of EMC2.

Bye Bye seemed like a perfect follow up that time coz it debuted in top 30 and entered top 20 in less than a month. I remembered that it was #19 when i read the news about the marriage. The song dropped out of top 30 a week after that. I felt like GP stopped supporting her as ISIL and LYLT didn't fare well on the chart.

Comment

that's what i mean.
                                              I'm starting to think the debut sales aren't as close to 10million as we thought....
                                              Too bad...we could have had a perfect MC30 celebration but exciting times are ahead of us.
                                              Last edited by carey18ph; Tue November 24, 2020, 18:10.

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post

I think it was her marriage with Nick that killed the momentum of EMC2.

Bye Bye seemed like a perfect follow up that time coz it debuted in top 30 and entered top 20 in less than a month. I remembered that it was #19 when i read the news about the marriage. The song dropped out of top 30 a week after that. I felt like GP stopped supporting her as ISIL and LYLT didn't fare well on the chart.
                                                It entered the top20 because she came from TMB #1, but the song wasn't loved. She sang the song in some shows but it wasn't the right choice... And the video didn't help. IDK if Migrate would have gone to #1 as everybody says, but it would have worked better. It was a club banger and Tpain was hot in that moment.
                                                what I miss about that era is Side Effects not being single

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Great to see Obsessed at 3 * plat
                                                  If we want to be technical about it, that's not true either.

They update what they are paid to audit.

They really should move to an automated system. IMO, it may help with transparency and more legitimacy.
                                                  See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

If we want to be technical about it, that's not true either.

They update what they are paid to audit.

They really should move to an automated system. IMO, it may help with transparency and more legitimacy.
                                                    Yeah but maybe the record company submit and RIAA say, no sorry, not elegible.

I just really think that if it was elegible she would have done it this year. Mariah is not the sort of person who would let Whitney get to some kind of an accolade or mark before her. If the debut was elegible for Diamond, I dont believe she would not have it recertified..

Just my thinking on it And yes I agree it should be automated, there would be zero confusion or speculating then !!

But that might kill discussion haha

Comment

Working...
                                                    X