X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
    No physicals coming for Oh Santa:

I feel like Mariah and her team aren't too invested in this Oh Santa single

I may be.completely wrong. But I get this vibe that.the Oh Santa duet is just a fun collabo like buble/Mariah on AIWFCIY, or Babyface on CTIITAA.....

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

Let’s not set our expectations too high... probably it’s just a cute side project for the lambs and that’s it. Maybe it’s never intended to be something as big as MC25...
      Im starting to get that impression, especially since Mariah didn't even mention Oh Santa with Naomi.
      She seemed more excited about the "going on yonder" collabo....

Comment

• Originally posted by marcomarao View Post

One thing is to point out that she doesn't have hits or comercial appeal, other quite different thing is throwing shade and laughing about it, as if it made her less talented as a singer.
        Surely in general their commercial appeal is on par. Mariah is releasing an old song (Basically something ala "Rarities") and we all saw how that turned out.

If Oh Santa charts it's going to be simply because of Ariana.

As long as the song is good who cares if it charts, if you cared about that none of you would be here.

Comment

• Typical Lamb meltdowns.
          No trust in MC.
          She’s got this.
          Relax.
          http://marcokircher.com
          http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
          https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
          IG: marco235

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

Im starting to get that impression, especially since Mariah didn't even mention Oh Santa with Naomi.
            On a positive note though, Oh Santa won’t be competing with AIW which is not a bad thing at all!

Btw her covers of Going Up Yonder sounds really good. Wish she had made a full version of this song!

Comment

• Adele did Carpool Karaoke in 2016; Corden says in 2015, Mariah Carey agreed to be his first passenger, which provided the star power needed to attract other artists and was the breakout hit the show needed. "It was crazy. I mean, we managed to get Mariah Carey and I will always be indebted to her for saying yes… Genuinely honestly, don't know if we're having this conversation if she hadn't said yes. I think it's that important to our show," he tells Whitaker.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/jam...ts-2020-11-24/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                Typical Lamb meltdowns.
                No trust in MC.
                She’s got this.
                Relax.
                Sweetheart there’s no meltdown it’s just a sensible assumption based on what we have observed so far, like none of them, Mariah, JHud nor Ariana has shown any interest towards the project at all. Not saying that the song sucks, but it’s defo not #1 material, nor something intended to be as big as AIW.

Comment

Throughout all these years as being a lamb, I have learnt to manage my expectations towards her new materials. Of course I love to see her succeed and perform well commercially, but I also understand that things have changed, it’s not 1996 or 2005 anymore, the public perceptions have changed and probably Mariah has changed as well. Remember back in those days, whenever she had new singles released after TMB, we were like “omg 19th #1 is coming!” and we all ended up upsetting ourselves because of such unrealistic expectation.
                  Last edited by MayoAndMustard; Wed November 25, 2020, 00:54.

Comment

• Originally posted by PJDoubleu View Post
                    Kendrick wasn’t too respectful to Mariah a while back. He asked twitter a question about vocalists with range, and Mariahs name was offered. I don’t remember what he said, but he insulted her, although I remember thinking it was a very uninformed diss/reaction to her name. Hopefully he’s got over it. He’s fantastic, I’ve wanted them to work together since he came out.

Correct this did happen, but it was ten years ago now. Hopefully he was just young and playing up on Twitter. People have said worse here at this point

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                      Typical Lamb meltdowns.
                      No trust in MC.
                      She’s got this.
                      Relax.
                      I agree. They have 10 days before the song release. It's hotly anticipated. People need to chill.
                      I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!

Comment

• I expect them to show interest closer to the songs release date. Early Next week I imagine the interests and promo train gets going.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

Sweetheart there’s no meltdown it’s just a sensible assumption based on what we have observed so far, like none of them, Mariah, JHud nor Ariana has shown any interest towards the project at all. Not saying that the song sucks, but it’s defo not #1 material, nor something intended to be as big as AIW.
                          This remix never has any intention of becoming as big as AIW. I personally think people who were talking about it being number one were being completely OTT and unrealistic but I didn't wanna say anything at the time. I think if it makes the top 20 will be great and anything more will be a bonus.

Comment

• Naomi: where were you born and where did you grow up?

Mariah: I’m so excited about my Christmas special.

Oh Mariah

Comment

• JHud has said nothing but good things about MC. Please be kind.

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                                Naomi: where were you born and where did you grow up?

Mariah: I’m so excited about my Christmas special.

Oh Mariah

Oh Mariah...

Comment

• Is that true??

Comment

• Guys, do u realise that now people announce and promote their singles like 2 or 3 days before being released right? U can see shawn mende announced his collaboration with Justin like 3 days before being released. Stop the drama she will promote and being excited about the song prior release day but now she needs to focus on the big picture: the apple special.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                      Guys, do u realise that now people announce and promote their singles like 2 or 3 days before being released right? U can see shawn mende announced his collaboration with Justin like 3 days before being released. Stop the drama she will promote and being excited about the song prior release day but now she needs to focus on the big picture: the apple special.
                                      Perfectly said. My point exactly.

Comment

• We WaNt pHySiCaL rElEaSeS sO Oh SaNtA! CaN rEaCh #1
                                        http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                          Guys, do u realise that now people announce and promote their singles like 2 or 3 days before being released right? U can see shawn mende announced his collaboration with Justin like 3 days before being released. Stop the drama she will promote and being excited about the song prior release day but now she needs to focus on the big picture: the apple special.
                                          But she’s not promoting the Xmas special either lol we don’t know nothing about it yet

Comment

• I expect a single cover and official single announcement by itself a few days prior with more details about the song. Hopefully a music video announcement.
                                            Last edited by taustin13; Wed November 25, 2020, 02:53.

Comment

• Physical singles don't matter for a #1 hit. Streams is the most important factor. As long as you guys download the song, why are you stressing physical copies like its going to make much difference. It doesnt really.

Comment

• Adding Ariana Grande was smart because her streaming power and Mariahs Seasonal streaming power is a force to be reckoned with individually. Just imagine what it will be if combined together. I hope they shoot a music video or have a lyric video ready for when the song comes out. That will tell me if they are serious enough about the song doing well or not. Also the budget of the video too has to be on par with the budget we saw last year when Sony invested big money in that music video for AIWFCIY.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

But she’s not promoting the Xmas special either lol we don’t know nothing about it yet
                                                  Lol she mentioned it during Naomis interview. But promoting something nowadays 10 days before a release is useless. We living in a time where songs has 1 week life span. Thing are promoted 2 days and thats it. Positions by Ariana Grande hasnt evem been promoted outside her instagram and managed to get number 1 and the song was announce like 3 or 4 days prior the release. Trust me different times now it seems
                                                  Last edited by Yerac; Wed November 25, 2020, 03:06.

Comment

I feel like Mariah and her team aren't too invested in this Oh Santa single

I may be.completely wrong. But I get this vibe that.the Oh Santa duet is just a fun collabo like buble/Mariah on AIWFCIY, or Babyface on CTIITAA.....
                                                    The OS feat Ariana will be another copy and paste remix.... I don't expect much

Comment

Working...
                                                    X