Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MeltAway View Post

Even a Top 40 entry for Oh Santa would be nice. That seems doable.
    Keep in mind that this new Oh Santa does not count with the old Oh Santa. Their units count separately.

This too makes the strategies necessary to propel the song to the top tier of the charts much much different from AIWFCIY which has multiple versions counting toward the same unit.
    See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Mariah is our Queen of Christmas but who is next in line on your list of Christmas royalty and what's your go to Christmas song outside of Mariah's catalog? I'm really loving Kelly Clarkson's Underneath the Tree right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Keep in mind that this new Oh Santa does not count with the old Oh Santa. Their units count separately.

This too makes the strategies necessary to propel the song to the top tier of the charts much much different from AIWFCIY which has multiple versions counting toward the same unit.
        Yeah. This Oh Santa collab will be like her collab with Bieber on AIWFCIY. Two different tracts for charting purposes. I don't think the original Oh Santa will be much of a threat to the new version as it's a ways down the list of her most streamed Christmas tunes. But it might get a bump with the OS trio exposure.

Comment

Why do they count as separate songs? Is this remix so different compared to the original?
          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• If Oh Santa becomes her #20 number 1, will she be the only artist in history to have 2 #1 Christmas songs?

I can’t at some Lambs saying that Oh Santa doesn’t deserve to be in her collection of #1s!
            There have been so many bad #1s in history and so many one hit wonders.

I think Oh Santa is a great modern Christmas song that is infectious and way better than so many other modern Christmas songs.

BTW, MeltAway, I’m thinking Kelly Clarkson might become the Princess of Christmas. Underneath the Tree has that classic sound to it as well.

The Christmas artists I listen to are: The Carpenters, Barbara Streisand, Micheal Buble and Mariah, of course. I do listen to some Celine as well. Christina Aguilera’s Christmas songs are good but she just overdoes them a tad IMO. Christina’s Merry Christmas Baby is one of my favorites!

The Carpenters’ album, Christmas Portrait, is so classic and Karen Carpenters voice and tone is so pure!
            If younger Lambs out there haven’t heard it, you should check it out!
            http://marcokircher.com
            http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
            IG: marco235

Comment

• Without Physicals there will be no #1 debut, let it go everyone. Mariah nor her team are putting in the effort...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                If Oh Santa becomes her #20 number 1, will she be the only artist in history to have 2 #1 Christmas songs?

I can’t at some Lambs saying that Oh Santa doesn’t deserve to be in her collection of #1s!

I think Oh Santa is a great modern Christmas song that is infectious and way better than so many other modern Christmas songs.

BTW, MeltAway, I’m thinking Kelly Clarkson might become the Princess of Christmas. Underneath the Tree has that classic sound to it as well.

The Christmas artists I listen to are: The Carpenters, Barbara Streisand, Micheal Buble and Mariah, of course. I do listen to some Celine as well. Christina Aguilera’s Christmas songs are good but she just overdoes them a tad IMO. Christina’s Merry Christmas Baby is one of my favorites!

The Carpenters’ album, Christmas Portrait, is so classic and Karen Carpenters voice and tone is so pure!
                Great taste. You should also check out Carnie & Wendy's Christmas album "Hey Santa!" and Linda Eder's "Christmas Stays The Same". Two of my favorite Christmas albums along with the ones of Mariah, Carpenters, Michael Bublé and Céline Dion.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Why do they count as separate songs? Is this remix so different compared to the original?
                  Who knows tbh. Billboard has all sorts of rules and discretion.

It's the same thing with AIWFCIY where some versions count and others do not.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                    German media has collectively... taken on the side of Morgan Carey in his lawsuit against Mariah Carey. I am lost for words. There are insinuations of her lying for publicity everywhere ... in almost all the articles. And even today in one of the German versions of Breakfast TV... the hosts there were claiming that she should have left her "poor" brother alone and out of her book (which is about her LIFE) bc she is rich enough and she shouldn't even have written such a book in the first place.

I swear... everytime I think that she is not vilified anymore... something like this turns up.
                    Germany is the worst place to be a Mariah-fan on this planet, I'm serious. She's not appreciated here. I hear Madonna, Whitney and Celine every freaking day on the radio and NEVER Mariah. Even Without You is not played anymore, only the original version. I don't even hear All I Want too often around christmas - but you hear Last Christmas at every corner every second. in 2005 I did a world trip visiting Canada, Australia and Japan - I was shocked that she was played everywhere and people reacted in a positive way towards her. In Germany I didn't hear ILT, WBT or SIO even once on the radio around that time, it's a nightmare... . Germany ignores her or talks trash about her.
                    Last edited by mimiongaku; Wed November 25, 2020, 19:44.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                      German media has collectively... taken on the side of Morgan Carey in his lawsuit against Mariah Carey. I am lost for words. There are insinuations of her lying for publicity everywhere ... in almost all the articles. And even today in one of the German versions of Breakfast TV... the hosts there were claiming that she should have left her "poor" brother alone and out of her book (which is about her LIFE) bc she is rich enough and she shouldn't even have written such a book in the first place.

I swear... everytime I think that she is not vilified anymore... something like this turns up.
                      We don’t care for German media tho

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Great taste. You should also check out Carnie & Wendy's Christmas album "Hey Santa!" and Linda Eder's "Christmas Stays The Same". Two of my favorite Christmas albums along with the ones of Mariah, Carpenters, Michael Bublé and Céline Dion.
                        Will do! Linda Eder is fantastic. I don’t know Carnie & Wendy. Gonna check them out now! Thanks!

My YT Channel!

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

We don’t care for German media tho
                          Maybe the german lambs do?
                          Last edited by mimiongaku; Wed November 25, 2020, 19:46.

Comment

Will do! Linda Eder is fantastic. I don’t know Carnie & Wendy. Gonna check them out now! Thanks!
                            Carnie & Wendy Wilson are part of Wilson Phillips. Wilson Phillips also made a Christmas album (and Carnie also made a solo Christmas album), but the best one is "Hey Santa!". Their harmonies are so beautiful!

Comment

• Jamaica loves Mariah! Last year I went to Montego Bay the week of Dec 5th.
                              Every where I went downtown, Mariah’s Christmas music was blasting!

My YT Channel!

Comment

If Oh Santa becomes her #20 number 1, will she be the only artist in history to have 2 #1 Christmas songs?

Cash, we've always had similar taste! I agree across the board.

Oh Santa is already better than at least a couple of her #1. Been a stan from the beginning and I love the little retro video they made for it.

I looooove Karen Carpenter! Still the purest pitch I've ever heard!

Comment

• And she puts in minimal effort in Europe there now so its a vicous cycle..........she only ever visits when something breaks out.

Though i fear the whole diva image and Stella era has tarnished every bit of cred she has across Europe outside of the annual uptick for AIWFCIY.

I was playing a game today and naughtily used Mariah Carey as a username (just interested to see what reaction it gets LOL).....somebody then ccontacted me and said they used to like Mariah.....but is put off by her "ridiculous antics". Their example is why she demand 50m from James Packer for the divorce...

Comment

• I wish us Lambs would have the same attitude than arianas fans. If you read arianas fans on twitter or instagram they are already planning to make oh santa her 6th debut number 1. However we lambs on ukmix are moaning, complaining and saying if she gets a top 40/20 would be enough lol

Comment

Who knows tbh. Billboard has all sorts of rules and discretion.

It's the same thing with AIWFCIY where some versions count and others do not.
                                      I don't know the particular BB rules but I suspect, like Bieber's version of ALL, it's a new recording with a new artist. Definitely not a remix of the original.

Comment

Cash, we've always had similar taste! I agree across the board.

Oh Santa is already better than at least a couple of her #1. Been a stan from the beginning and I love the little retro video they made for it.

I looooove Karen Carpenter! Still the purest pitch I've ever heard!
                                        We do share the same tastes! I think I’ve always agreed with your posts. We probably come from the same era!

By the way, even with the demons Karen Carpenter was dealing internally, somehow she was always pitch perfect and her voice was so effortlessly flawless!

My YT Channel!

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                          I wish us Lambs would have the same attitude than arianas fans. If you read arianas fans on twitter or instagram they are already planning to make oh santa her 6th debut number 1. However we lambs on ukmix are moaning, complaining and saying if she gets a top 40/20 would be enough lol
                                          This made me laugh! Maybe it's the difference between a young fan base and us aging Lambs who have been around the block a few times. Here we go round again!
                                          I'll take a Top 40 hit, but bring on the #1. Ari's fan base can make it happen. The Lambs got Oh Santa to #100 and have mostly panned it since.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                            I wish us Lambs would have the same attitude than arianas fans. If you read arianas fans on twitter or instagram they are already planning to make oh santa her 6th debut number 1. However we lambs on ukmix are moaning, complaining and saying if she gets a top 40/20 would be enough lol
                                            Without physical sales, there's no chance . Let it go.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

Without physical sales, there's no chance . Let it go.
                                              I think a negative attitude is what it brings negative results. I will do my best and if we get a top 80 i will be happy. But i will enjoy the way and the song, and the video. But why should i let go something that we don't even know how is gonna work.

Call me positive, but nothing has been achieved by being negative.

But thats how i tackle life in general! Of course u are entitled to be negative - or realistic - even though how can we know who is being realistic ;-)
                                              Last edited by Yerac; Wed November 25, 2020, 20:09.

Comment

We do share the same tastes! I think I’ve always agreed with your posts. We probably come from the same era!

By the way, even with the demons Karen Carpenter was dealing internally, somehow she was always pitch perfect and her voice was so effortlessly flawless!
                                                We are old Rams aren't we! I think we're the same age. Do you go all the way back to 1990? The hit craving youngsters around here amuse me. They didn't get to experience the peak years. I get it. I still love the charts too. Mariah is mostly past that now, especially in the streaming era, but we are the luckiest of all fandoms with a perennial charting album and single and plenty of room to grow. What fun to have the great music and great chart feats still!!! I think she has more hits in her but after 30 years and counting, I get how the chart game works and I'm content.

Karen't story is so sad. I think she was a perfectionist who longed for some control over her life and her singing was her only safe place. I cried when she died. I adore their music, especially the later 70's output, which is generally underrated. Touch Me When We're Dancing is still an all time fav.

Comment

• This is a mess

Put your earphones in its explicit.

Comment

We are old Rams aren't we! I think we're the same age. Do you go all the way back to 1990? The hit craving youngsters around here amuse me. They didn't get to experience the peak years. I get it. I still love the charts too. Mariah is mostly past that now, especially in the streaming era, but we are the luckiest of all fandoms with a perennial charting album and single and plenty of room to grow. What fun to have the great music and great chart feats still!!! I think she has more hits in her but after 30 years and counting, I get how the chart game works and I'm content.

Karen't story is so sad. I think she was a perfectionist who longed for some control over her life and her singing was her only safe place. I cried when she died. I adore their music, especially the later 70's output, which is generally underrated. Touch Me When We're Dancing is still an all time fav.
                                                    Great to see more lambs who go back to 1990 and love Karen Carpenter. The Christmas album of the Carpenters was one of the Christmas albums I grew up with. Maybe that's why it is one of my favorites. And of course her voice. Just stunningly beautiful.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X