Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
    Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) is only 670k steams away from 100m streams.

Will it do it this weekend?

Currently, it's her second most popular Xmas song.

We need a cute video for it

Comment

Is this the most active thread on this forum?
      I think so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Milano View Post
        Do you think she'll keep the whistles in Oh Santa?
        I have a feeling they're gone..
        I want some whistle harmonies with Ari. Or whistle+falsetto harmonies since Ari is better at the latter - tho her whistles have improved a lot lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I want some whistle harmonies with Ari. Or whistle+falsetto harmonies since Ari is better at the latter - tho her whistles have improved a lot lately.
          Hopefully it will be a proper remix with new vocals, but not a cut-and-paste one...

Comment

• Here we go around again:

iTunes USA

22 - All I Want For Christmas Is You
            277 - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
            See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I wish the guests on Graham Norton with Mariah were better. Gary Barlow is the only other big name.
              To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                I wish the guests on Graham Norton with Mariah were better. Gary Barlow is the only other big name.
                Do guests stay for the whole show or just their segment?

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Do guests stay for the whole show or just their segment?
                  they all usually come on together and interact with each other throughout. It’s very entertaining. Not sure how it will work as Mariah will be by video link.
                  To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• I hope “Oh Santa” with features eclipses CBPCH this year and all the years after

It’s an amazing cover and the vocal is so rich and for half of my life I thought it was Mariah’s original but now I am team OS

Mariah chose exactly the right time to acknowledge and collaborate with Ari

Comment

• Ally, girl, you're not alone.
                      I just listen to "Oh Santa!" once and I have to replay it nonstop.
                      It's that effing catchy.
                      Issa bop and I just can't wait to see what they've done with it.
                      Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

Hopefully it will be a proper remix with new vocals, but not a cut-and-paste one...
                        This!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                          Besides BB Hot100 projections for All I Want at #12, the song is at #11 on Rolling Stone Chart.
                          She out performed the projections this week. With the points so close, she could tip into the Top 10 still.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                            I wish the guests on Graham Norton with Mariah were better. Gary Barlow is the only other big name.
                            Oh, yes. I was thinking about that the other day. A great thing about Grahams show is always guest interacting with each other (even when someones on video, for example Nicole Kidman and Kylie Minogue a few weeks ago).

Not only the other guests arent as big but Mariah doesnt know them. So shes probably only going to chat with Graham, I hope she answers one or two questions directly without deflecting them into the Xmas special like she did with Naomi.

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post

Oh, yes. I was thinking about that the other day. A great thing about Grahams show is always guest interacting with each other (even when someones on video, for example Nicole Kidman and Kylie Minogue a few weeks ago).

Not only the other guests arent as big but Mariah doesnt know them. So shes probably only going to chat with Graham, I hope she answers one or two questions directly without deflecting them into the Xmas special like she did with Naomi.
                              Shouldn't matter whether she knows them or not. Surely she has the social skills to interact and make conversation with other guests regardless ?

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                I hope “Oh Santa” with features eclipses CBPCH this year and all the years after

It’s an amazing cover and the vocal is so rich and for half of my life I thought it was Mariah’s original but now I am team OS

Mariah chose exactly the right time to acknowledge and collaborate with Ari
                                I first heard Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) sung by U2. I'm not really a U2 fan, so when Mariah did her version, I didn't like it much at first as I kept hearing U2 in my head.
                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Shouldn't matter whether she knows them or not. Surely she has the social skills to interact and make conversation with other guests regardless ?
                                  Not quite sure, the way she goes on tangents and sometimes takes a while to conjure up a line or thought.....even her interactions with Naomi Campbell was awkward at times.....and she's known her for years.

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post

But she’s going there mainly to promote the Xmas special

Comment

• Is Mariah's O Holy Night the quentissential version ?

The only other one i can think of is Celine.....but Mariah's version is a vocal powerhouse performance whereas Celine's is more a lullaby.

Comment

• When the beat drops for the first time after the bells.....anyone feel as though it's a clubbing momment?

Oh Santa would have to be the hardest hitting Christmas bop of them all.

Comment

• Surprised no one's posted this. This is a relatively fair cross section review of The Meaning of Mariah Carey and quite representative of how she's perceived in the GP i think.

There's folks who will never understand her story or care to.....those that know enough and respect her artistry to some degree but don't recognize the deep talent and hustle or can get beyond the glamour diva side.....and then those of us like Lainey who truly get what this book is about.

Listen to her preach from 6:06....she basically rendered all the other reviewers on the clip redundant and shallow.

The Social

Last edited by skylynx; Thu November 26, 2020, 20:22.

Comment

• Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Australian interview next week!

Comment

• Originally posted by MeltAway View Post

She out performed the projections this week. With the points so close, she could tip into the Top 10 still.
                                                Yeah, with this song you never know, it always out-performs the projections. Last year was a mess LOL, I remember Simon had a hard time with the calculations.

Comment

• Hmmm ...shade detected by the male host at the end of that Sunrise promo...he called her kooky ... and not in a good way (although the female host saved it by saying "we love kooky"). I kind of dread where Mariah is interviewed by non-friends ... I feel like the interviewers or hosts are always judging and mocking her and just being fake nice to her face (hello Lorraine).

Comment

Is Mariah's O Holy Night the quentissential version ?

The only other one i can think of is Celine.....but Mariah's version is a vocal powerhouse performance whereas Celine's is more a lullaby.
                                                    Mariah, definitely.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X