Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
    It’s an amazing cover and the vocal is so rich and for half of my life I thought it was Mariah’s original but now I am team OS
    Mariah's vocal performance on C(BPCH) is AMAZING. Well, that whole album is like the vocal bible.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
      Hmmm ...shade detected by the male host at the end of that Sunrise promo...he called her kooky ... and not in a good way (although the female host saved it by saying "we love kooky"). I kind of dread where Mariah is interviewed by non-friends ... I feel like the interviewers or hosts are always judging and mocking her and just being fake nice to her face (hello Lorraine).
      These Autralian TV shows are always like that, we respect her talent but they always find a way to discredit her and mock her by throwing shade that she is a diva or a bit crazy. It's just the same old.

I hate the Australian media sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

These Autralian TV shows are always like that, we respect her talent but they always find a way to discredit her and mock her by throwing shade that she is a diva or a bit crazy. It's just the same old.

I hate the Australian media sometimes.
        You're overreacting. Kooky just means eccentric, which Mariah definitely is. There is nothing bad about it.

Although they are the same two who were involved in this.. so who knows.

Last edited by InFamous; Thu November 26, 2020, 21:33.

Comment

Is Mariah's O Holy Night the quentissential version ?

The only other one i can think of is Celine.....but Mariah's version is a vocal powerhouse performance whereas Celine's is more a lullaby.
          By far, Mariah's is the most famous version.
          it has over 70miiion YouTube views! Celine only has 10million

Comment

• Done:

Tue November 24th - Naomi Campbell No Filter Interview

Still To Come

Fri November 27th - Graham Norton Interview
            Tue December 1st - Heroes of New York Medley Performance
            [TBC Weekday] - Sunrise Interview/Chat
            Fri December 4th - Mariah's Magical Christmas Special and Oh Santa Single Release
            Mon December 7th - Zane Lowe Interview
            Fri December 11th - Soundtrack released on all other platforms
            Fri December 25th - 6-hour holiday special (obviously pre-recorded)

Comment

• What I do love about Celine's version of O Holy Night, is how she sings more verses. Wished Mariah had done two different ones instead of repeating the first one again.
              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Quite happy she's putting in some effort to appear globally. UK, Australia...hopefully she does a few more appearances (even if it's bound to be short).

Australia is a big market for Mariah, we love her through the 90s and Music Box is the biggest album that year and also one of the biggest female albums of all-time.

It also delivered #1 for We Belong Together.

Though the general public have a love hate relationship with her, many respect her artistry and talent and voice though the Diva/over the top antics does still carry some weight.

AIWFCIY went #1 last year.

Australia always is late to the party; it's Summary afterall in December but she is making huge inroads on Spotify. She was in the low 100s last weekend but has now shot up to #67 and growing fast.

This is one of the few non-US markets that still support her non-Christmas music to some degree.
                Last edited by skylynx; Thu November 26, 2020, 21:54.

Comment

• Lambs are too sensitive.
                  "Kooky" wasn't a diss here!

Mariah is Kooky in a "good" way. It means she is funny, extra, over the top and quirky.
                  Mariah doesn't take things too seriously and has a sense of humor. And thats why we love "Kooky" mariah

I'm from Australia and totally understand it wasn't shade.

This is "Kooky" Mariah....

This is " Kooky" Mariah...

this is "kooky" Mariah

this is "kooky" Mariah...
                  Last edited by SmartIsNewSexy; Thu November 26, 2020, 22:04.

Comment

• LMAO
                    Didn't know the meaning of "kooky" till today haha.
                    I don't think that was a shade tbh, and if it was, what a weak one.
                    Mariah is Queen at that

Comment

• What I like about Mariah is that she doesn't care AT ALL. She lives in her own World full of butterflies, glitter and gorgeous melodies.

---

The interview with legend Naomi has already 170K views!

Comment

• Comment

• The Josephine video is CLASSIC!

Comment

• Hopefully Mariah will take extra precautions when she travels on plane. Don’t want her to catch Covid at all.

Comment

• Better participation but still Mariah should have more players! We've lost 2 more tracks... which ones? Go and check!

PLAY IN ROUND 3!
                              VOTE UKMIX PARADE CHOICE AWARDS

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                                Hopefully Mariah will take extra precautions when she travels on plane. Don’t want her to catch Covid at all.
                                But she's not travelling

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                  What I like about Mariah is that she doesn't care AT ALL. She lives in her own World full of butterflies, glitter and gorgeous melodies.

---

The interview with legend Naomi has already 170K views!
                                  It's the best she could do, but I think she's more down to earth than people think

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

But she's not travelling
                                    Stupid question from me lol

I thought she was gonna fly all the way to the UK to be on Graham Norton?? Lol

Comment

• The reason I personally do not like the use of that word is because it harks back to the Glitter days, I thought people had stopped referring to her like that at least in the media. Coming from a mental health background the use of words like Kooky, crazy and the like for someone diagnosed with bipolar disorder doesn’t sit well with me.

However Mariah is eccentric that’s well known I just don’t think they were referring to that trait she has.

Anyway it what it, I’m ready for the Christmas promo to start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                        Omg! What were they smoking! I love this!
                                        http://marcokircher.com
                                        http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                        https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                        IG: marco235

Comment

Fri December 25th - 6-hour holiday special (obviously pre-recorded)
                                          What is this 6 hour holiday special?

Comment

• New little gif moment of the special!

Comment

• She is gorgeous she is ❤
                                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                                https://twitter.com/AppleTV/status/1...552219137?s=08

New little gif moment of the special!
                                                Early present from Mariah tomorrow ? guess it’s the trailer right

Comment

Is Mariah's O Holy Night the quentissential version ?

The only other one i can think of is Celine.....but Mariah's version is a vocal powerhouse performance whereas Celine's is more a lullaby.
                                                  It was Mariah’s recording that made me love the album. I used to play the song repeatedly.

Comment

• The xmas special is like a mini-movie!
                                                    It has a story and Mariah needs to save Christmas.
                                                    Snoop plays Santa!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X