X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ yessss this was when we knew she was really back to herself

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Yeah, it's doing way better than the older one.
      I prefer the '19 version and seems like the GP too, haha. I looove that vid. So festive. No wonder it went viral.

It's gonna reach 100M views this year, her fastest video to reach that milestone.

The old one is for the nostalgia these days. Last year's version is the one to watch now. So much more going on and higher great production values, story and some CHOREOGRAPHY.

I haven't revisited the old one knowingly this season so far.

Comment

• Please let there be a cd or cassette or something of oh Santa. I know liron said no but theres time
        Last edited by rashmimimi; Sat November 28, 2020, 17:24.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

The old one is for the nostalgia these days. Last year's version is the one to watch now. So much more going on and higher great production values, story and some CHOREOGRAPHY.

Same.
          The new one is visually more exciting with all the things going on and I really love the story and that little touch she added made the difference for me <3

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
            ^ yessss this was when we knew she was really back to herself
            Revisiting 2018 and she looked absolutely fantastic the whole year

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

are there any current or upcoming releases that can threaten AIWFCIY in the UK?

Mariah has been robbed 2 years in a row for the Uk #1, because of the stupid ACR rule.

i really hope she can officially reach #1 this year.
              I think the song also peaked at number 2 in 2017 but yeah, i hope this is the year that justice will be served.
              A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

I guess you are right. Out of all her music videos, that one has the best production. It is well thought of video from costumes, choreography, props, direction, etc. It captures the festivities of Christmas.
                A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• UK numbers are INSANE.

UK SPOTIFY #1
                  UK YOUTUBE #1
                  UK iTUNES #8
                  UK APPLE MUSIC #4

She’s on course for UK #1 on Friday

Comment

• Also, knowing it’s Tommy in the Santa Suit in the old one... it just feels odd
                    I love the vintage-ness (and that gorgeous hairstyle!) in the black and white music video, but yes, the newest one is the perfect music video version.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

are there any current or upcoming releases that can threaten AIWFCIY in the UK?

Mariah has been robbed 2 years in a row for the Uk #1, because of the stupid ACR rule.

i really hope she can officially reach #1 this year.
                      https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...vealed__31728/

There’s a few charity singles again in the UK coming out and I would have thought LadBaby would be releasing another charity single too, considering they have had 2 back to back Christmas #1s.

I’m not a Mariah fan but I love AIWFCIY and it’s been robbed of that #1 for years because of the chart rules. There’s a huge chance she could pull it off this year though - Christmas is at the very end of the week so there’s a massive opportunity for her in the lead up to Christmas to do it.

She’s already #1 on The top 50 songs in the UK on Spotify, so I’m actually wondering if that elusive #1 could come even earlier.
                      Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• All I Want is at #9 on US iTunes (this year's peak) and will keep climbing since songs from BTS are dropping.

On another positive note, Mariah has now surpassed 27.5M monthly listeners on Spotify, the most out of any pre-2000's female artist.

Comment

• I think she’ll get the U.K. number one this year in the chart dated 11th or 18th - the context is just right (lack of big releases, Christmas Day being at the end of the week, increasing popularity of the song with each passing year).

And she totally deserves it.

Comment

UK numbers are INSANE.

UK SPOTIFY #1
                            UK YOUTUBE #1
                            UK iTUNES #8
                            UK APPLE MUSIC #4

She’s on course for UK #1 on Friday
                            She needs twice as many streams because of the chart rules though, right? So she needs to be massively out streaming everything else too, which is where she’ll stumble again.

Though I’d love to see her hit #1 - she’s been top 10 for about a decade every year at Christmas and fully deserves it.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Yeah, that stupid rule doesn't make sense at all.

How is possible that the most popular and consumed song isn't at #1 just 'cause it's old?

That criteria does not reflect the reality.

Comment

Yeah, that stupid rule doesn't make sense at all.

How is possible that the most popular and consumed song isn't at #1 just 'cause it's old?

That criteria does not reflect the reality.
                                it’s because older songs were hanging around the charts too long and frankly the Official Charts Company have struggled with how to deal with streaming and have completely made their own chart irrelevant IMO.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by rashmimimi View Post
                                  Please let there be a cd or cassette or something of oh Santa. I know liron said no but theres time
                                  I hope this too. We don't know how high it can go just with the Lambily and Arianators streaming. Also it will have little airplay. I think we should wait for the first day updates to see if we have a chance at top 10, top 5 or #1, or top 80.

So yeah, physicals will be welcomed
                                  http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Make it happen

Comment

• An Almost Home is a decent song melodically and somewhat lyrically, it's just like the whole idea is inherently boring like a kid looking out of a rain lashed window and saying 'are we nearly there yet' on the way to a caravan holiday to Wales.... and the forecast isn't good for the whole week.

But... as for not being 'Mariah' or having a aural weirdness, tracks like 'Sprung' make me question whether that's a deciding factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                        I think she’ll get the U.K. number one this year in the chart dated 11th or 18th - the context is just right (lack of big releases, Christmas Day being at the end of the week, increasing popularity of the song with each passing year).

And she totally deserves it.
                                        The thing is regardless of how big it is on streaming....there's always a new song or charity single that will do massive on sales and does not have to face the stupid rule.

Comment

• She needs those UK sales.

Comment

• Wiki says these are the top 10 Christmas albums in America though that was back in 2016.....does anyone have an updated chart for 2019/2020.

Surely Mariah is above 5.8m by now right. Hopefully one day it can surpass all to arrive at #2. Elvis looks untouchable.
                                            1. Elvis' Christmas Album / Elvis Presley ~ 20,000,000[2]
                                            2. Miracles: The Holiday Album / Kenny G ~ 7,370,000[2]
                                            3. The Christmas Song / Nat King Cole ~ 6,000,000[2]
                                            4. Mannheim Steamroller Christmas / Mannheim Steamroller ~ 6,000,000[2]
                                            5. A Fresh Aire Christmas / Mannheim Steamroller ~ 6,000,000[2]
                                            6. NoŽl / Josh Groban ~ 5,890,000[2]
                                            7. Merry Christmas / Mariah Carey ~ 5,500,000[2]
                                            8. These Are Special Times / Celine Dion ~ 5,440,000[2]
                                            9. A Christmas Album / Barbra Streisand ~ 5,370,000[2]
                                            10. Merry Christmas / Johnny Mathis ~ 5,240,000[2]

Comment

• Originally posted by rashmimimi View Post
                                              Please let there be a cd or cassette or something of oh Santa. I know liron said no but theres time
                                              I dont understand how someone on her team seriously thought that "hey, on Dec 11th, let's release Here We Go Around Again as a special cassette", but not think about a Christmas song she's releasing just the week before???

It just doesn't make sense.
                                              See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

I dont understand how someone on her team seriously thought that "hey, on Dec 11th, let's release Here We Go Around Again as a special cassette", but not think about a Christmas song she's releasing just the week before???

It just doesn't make sense.
                                                My theory is that they are not allowed to release anything physically as apple probably wants people to buy it from their stream platform.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post

My theory is that they are not allowed to release anything physically as apple probably wants people to buy it from their stream platform.
                                                  You may be right but this theory is undermined by the fact that the song will be available everywhere on Dec 4th.

While the soundtrack will be exclusive on Dec 4th, it's also everywhere the week after. So it seems a bit weird.

But let's see what they have up their sleeves.
                                                  See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

You may be right but this theory is undermined by the fact that the song will be available everywhere on Dec 4th.

While the soundtrack will be exclusive on Dec 4th, it's also everywhere the week after. So it seems a bit weird.

But let's see what they have up their sleeves.
                                                    Yup, and this is a topic thag we cant talk with Liron because she gets crossed and block u

Comment

Working...
                                                    X