Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIWFCIY will NEVER make it to #1 in the UK... it literally needs to "sell" at least 250,000 copies in a single week (which will then be halved)... it would be better to hit 300,000 consumption sales... then she might get there.
    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
      AIWFCIY will NEVER make it to #1 in the UK... it literally needs to "sell" at least 250,000 copies in a single week (which will then be halved)... it would be better to hit 300,000 consumption sales... then she might get there.
      She came very close last year tho.
      Originally posted by beredy
      When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
        She came very close last year tho.
        yes... but then the OCC or Music week or BPI or BBC or whoever... did some fraud to prevent her from claiming the #1. The only way I can see her getting there is with a focused campaign and 500,000 consumption sales in 1 week. (That will never happen). Her advantage to the #2...must be double or triple (post deduction rule) bc only then... the British music industry will cave and cannot fraud their way out of it.
        My Chart

Comment

• Comment

• Liron confirmed that Sony and Mariah are aware of the stupid ACR rule

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
              AIWFCIY will NEVER make it to #1 in the UK... it literally needs to "sell" at least 250,000 copies in a single week (which will then be halved)... it would be better to hit 300,000 consumption sales... then she might get there.

Its so unfair that Mariah needs twice as many streams/sales than her rivals, because of the ACR rule.

its almost impossible....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                I think she’ll get the U.K. number one this year in the chart dated 11th or 18th - the context is just right (lack of big releases, Christmas Day being at the end of the week, increasing popularity of the song with each passing year).

And she totally deserves it.
                Yes Wayne!

i will have a bathroom floor moment, if AIWFCIY reaches #1 UK.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

it’s because older songs were hanging around the charts too long and frankly the Official Charts Company have struggled with how to deal with streaming and have completely made their own chart irrelevant IMO.
                    The inverse should be true too!

if an older song is in decline, i agree to apply the ACR rule.
                    but if an older song is consistently on the rise, the ACR rule should be removed

MESS! The chart rules needs to be reviewed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                      Liron confirmed that Sony and Mariah are aware of the stupid ACR rule

LOL. Do the lambs really think that Sony don't know about the ACR rule. Obviously they know.

Comment

• I saw this clip where Michael Bublé said to play Mariah's Christmas music. All in good fun of course.
                        But I can't find it anymore.
                        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                          She needs those UK sales.
                          Maybe Mariah can release an exclusive AIWFCIY single in the UK!

Just a thought...

Comment

• There are grounds for the ACR being reset, from their rules

Resets
                            i) Automatic Reset – a track on ACR can automatically return to SCR if its combined sales and stream total increases by 50% greater than the market change week on week.

ii) Manual Reset – In exceptional circumstances, where a track is being scheduled for promotion, a label may elect to manually reset a track to SCR. This manual reset is limited to two tracks per artist album, only where the track in question is outside the Top 100 and subject to one week’s notice being given from the releasing label that they wish to implement a manual reset. Manual reset shall be strictly subject to Official Charts and CSC approval.

Surely Mariah's label could have made an appeal for AIW before it returned to the top 100, too late for that now though as it it already back on the charts.

Comment

• Stream lambily!

Comment

Maybe Mariah can release an exclusive AIWFCIY single in the UK!

Just a thought...
                                To be honest she should have released a picture disc this year - vinyl has never been so popular (well, since the 1980s)

Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• If they can't even get physicas for Oh Santa, what makes anyone think they'll do it for AIWFCIY this year just for the UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                    If they can't even get physicas for Oh Santa, what makes anyone think they'll do it for AIWFCIY this year just for the UK.
                                    Unless they can have the physicals ready for shipping on release week there is no point. Last year they needed four months to ship the physical singles for AIW.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                        There are grounds for the ACR being reset, from their rules

Resets
                                        i) Automatic Reset – a track on ACR can automatically return to SCR if its combined sales and stream total increases by 50% greater than the market change week on week.

ii) Manual Reset – In exceptional circumstances, where a track is being scheduled for promotion, a label may elect to manually reset a track to SCR. This manual reset is limited to two tracks per artist album, only where the track in question is outside the Top 100 and subject to one week’s notice being given from the releasing label that they wish to implement a manual reset. Manual reset shall be strictly subject to Official Charts and CSC approval.

Surely Mariah's label could have made an appeal for AIW before it returned to the top 100, too late for that now though as it it already back on the charts.
                                        PERMANENT is the word and especially so for AIWFCIY

Comment

I'm more shocked to see JLO at 3

Comment

• Rita Ora is a lamb

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

To be honest she should have released a picture disc this year - vinyl has never been so popular (well, since the 1980s)
                                              They've released plenty versions of the album and few of the single. They're already available

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

They've released plenty versions of the album and few of the single. They're already available
                                                You telling me people wouldn’t buy a new version?
                                                Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• The Scammys are getting dragged in the comments section. Lol

I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                                    X