X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4realmusic
    • 27 Sep 2018

Originally posted by MCPH
    Originally posted by Hoodriah
    How AMAZING is it that Mariah literally has songs that could make people very very very rich and she decides not to bother

I'm really over this douche btw. I'll always love their music, but his latest interviews makes it clear to me why Mariah broke it off. It's too much, he needs to shut up already.
    Poor schmuck doesn't realize that if Mariah had okayed the song for every cheesy product/advertisement or bland made-for-TV xmas flick, the song would probably be generating $0 right now. LOL

Comment

• Almond
      Personal Assistant
      • 18 Feb 2015

I wonder what criteria Mariah has before allowing her songs to be played on tv and ads. Her song was used in a furniture shop tv ad in the UK - wonder what made her allow it for this particular ad...

[youtube:1tr835nu]VL16MFz3WNw[/youtube:1tr835nu]

Comment

• bm08
        • 07 Apr 2013

Re: Mariah Carey

I am so confused....

How much more can you want to make from one song pulling in $60 MILLION?

It seems like it always comes down to money tbh.

ps: This also confirms Mariah doesn't always say yes to every project that comes her way.
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• OrangeClouds5
          Roadie
          • 27 Apr 2014

Originally posted by 4realmusic
          Originally posted by MCPH
          Originally posted by Hoodriah
          How AMAZING is it that Mariah literally has songs that could make people very very very rich and she decides not to bother

I'm really over this douche btw. I'll always love their music, but his latest interviews makes it clear to me why Mariah broke it off. It's too much, he needs to shut up already.
          Poor schmuck doesn't realize that if Mariah had okayed the song for every cheesy product/advertisement or bland made-for-TV xmas flick, the song would probably be generating $0 right now. LOL
          I agree. The song is already played EVERYWHERE at Christmas that more placements could just really push it over the edge into super saturation and annoy tf out of people.

Comment

• 4realmusic
            • 27 Sep 2018

Originally posted by AlmondBreeze
            I wonder what criteria Mariah has before allowing her songs to be played on tv and ads. Her song was used in a furniture shop tv ad in the UK - wonder what made her allow it for this particular ad...
            It might be about region. I've noticed that Mariah (and most US based acts) are more open to clearing songs for advertising in markets outside the US. Although, in Mariah's case, since her Christmas Xmas tours can be very profitable internationally, I wouldn't have cleared the couch ad.

Comment

• hun
              The Diva
              • 13 Feb 2010

Originally posted by MAM
              And also, is this what we've been reduced to as a fanbase now? Just desperately wanting the current flavour of the month on a remix so it can get to number one? Not saying Cardi won't have longevity and that the song wouldn't be good with her on it, but jeez this constant obsession with another number one is exhausting. How long are we gonna keep harping on about that elusive nineteenth number one?

Mariah isn't about jumping on trends either and if she got her next hit with a Cardi remix it would just seem pretty disingenuous because she'd be jumping onto a bandwagon that everyone seems to be doing nowadays.

I get it, we all want to see Mariah doing well. But I think for some people this obsession with numbers and stats (all the superficial stuff) is really stopping y'all from enjoying Mariah's artistry and musicianship. I have one lamb friend who I listened to Caution with on release date. Instead of enjoying the melodies and the lyrics and production, his first comment to me was - "I don't think any of these songs will go to number one". My response to that was "who the **** cares?".

She's still gonna make music as long as her fanbase and the critics are enjoying it. Caution has shown that. She doesn't need a top 10 hit to do what she wants to do. It would be nice, but she's got plenty.

Good post.

Comment

• Dash08
                • 11 Dec 2014

Originally posted by NorthernMonkey
                Originally posted by crybaby26
                What the hell? Who the f made this ish? They are tryna sabotage Mariah Carey. Losers!
                I just watched the whole thing and it didn’t paint her in a bad light throughout. If anything, it showed she’d had a hard life and had been through the mill with people she thought she trusted. Morgan was pretty nice about her the whole time.

Mariah’s life would definitely make a good movie.

I enjoyed it. Never seen anything like this for her before.
                I’ve only read mentions of Morgan on here, so was pleasantly surprised that he was so supportive of her throughout the whole docudrama. I wonder what happened to their relationship as it seemed he was quite close up to the breakdown.

I totally agree that Mariah’s life would make for such an amazing movie if done really well. And that the rental public would be so much more sympathetic towards her rather than just viewing her as this over the top diva.

Comment

• brandon8612
                  • 14 Mar 2017

Cardi B said she doesn't have time to work with Mariah so the remix isn't in the works for her. I posted the clip of her confirmation on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook. @_pettyking , if u wanna see the clip.

Comment

• Lafa
                    • 13 Nov 2018

All I want For Christmas Is You has reached 500 million views on YouTube.
                    https://soundcloud.com/hephaestusdog

Comment

• 4realmusic
                      • 27 Sep 2018

Originally posted by bm08
                      ps: This also confirms Mariah doesn't always say yes to every project that comes her way.
                      Kind of shoots down those nonsense rumors of her being basically broke too.

Comment

• MariahKremlin
                        Roadie
                        • 01 Oct 2009

Mariah giving a gift of apple music redeem now . Twitter.

Comment

• SmartIsNewSexy
                          Legend
                          • 13 Oct 2010

Originally posted by brandon8612
                          Cardi B said she doesn't have time to work with Mariah so the remix isn't in the works for her. I posted the clip of her confirmation on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook. @_pettyking , if u wanna see the clip.
                          interesting ...

when was the interview recorded ?

[tweet:219xi2nw]https://twitter.com/_pettyking/status/1075901935880933376[/tweet:219xi2nw]

Comment

• gunman6
                            Manager
                            • 06 Jan 2016

Cardi b is not a talented rapper.. actually horrible af to listen to.. I can't at her being so overrated.

Comment

• MAM
                              Manager
                              • 27 Nov 2010

Originally posted by brandon8612
                              Why is this a bad thing? What if she doesn't like the song? Or doesn't think she'll fit on it? We haven't even heard the remix so we can't judge this for ourselves. She isn't obliged to work with Mariah just because she's a legend. Or maybe she just doesn't have time and Mariah's on a tight schedule.

Cardi is her own artist and she has her own agency to choose who she wants to work with. She hasn't said a bad word against Mariah so I don't get why you're no longer a fan of hers

I'd like to see Mariah do an original song with Cardi and Missy though at some point. Something with a bit more edge and aggression too.
                              GTFO

Comment

• OrangeClouds5
                                Roadie
                                • 27 Apr 2014

Originally posted by gunman6
                                Cardi b is not a talented rapper.. actually horrible af to listen to.. I can't at her being so overrated.
                                Nah, Invasion of Privacy was fire! She is getting overexposed though. The problem is mainstream music doesn't seem to want more than one female rapper at a time. I'll take her over that other female "rapper" who rhymes a word with that word and then repeats it fives times.

But if Cardi didn't have time for Mariah...we may be done. Lol. You can record a few bars literally anywhere you are in no time. And she does seem to have time for EVERY other feature that comes her way.

Comment

• MAM
                                  Manager
                                  • 27 Nov 2010

Originally posted by gunman6
                                  I wouldn't go as far as to say she's horrible but she is overrated. The lambs just want her because she's a hit machine at the moment.

If she wasn't doing so well, people wouldn't be harping on about her so much. I do find it funny that some people on here are advocating for a (most likely) cut and paste verse from Cardi but have complained about her using too many rent-a-rappers in her past few albums.

She's worked with actual legendary rappers like Slick Rick and Nas (again) in recent years but we barely talk about that because they're not gonna give her a hit.
                                  GTFO

Comment

• allygdale
                                    Superstar
                                    • 17 Mar 2013

No Cardi? “Caution” instead

Singles are meant to sell an album, of course we want them to be successful

I haven’t liked Missy or Kim’s music in over a decade, the quality of their work has diminished

A good collab is a good collab, I still love UOMF remix, and I adore Cardi

Comment

• SmartIsNewSexy
                                      Legend
                                      • 13 Oct 2010

[tweet:2lu01jr9]https://twitter.com/alexandergold/status/1075470037442392064[/tweet:2lu01jr9]

Comment

• 4realmusic
                                        • 27 Sep 2018

Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy
                                        interesting ...

when was the interview recorded ?

[tweet:2s25rzb1]https://twitter.com/_pettyking/status/1075901935880933376[/tweet:2s25rzb1]
                                        Hopefully the lambs don't make something out of nothing. She left it positive, let's try to do the same.

It really surprises me though, that Mariah put herself out there without this already being in the can.

Comment

• SmartIsNewSexy
                                          Legend
                                          • 13 Oct 2010

Kim and missy will give a throwback ladies night moment

we don't need Cardi.
                                          ANN can still be a hit

/[youtube:37l60iac]QoQwdzKm7hk[/youtube:37l60iac]

Comment

Working...