Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It'll be great if Mariah can score another week at #1. But i'll also be happy if Wham gets it as well.

    it's great these two are at it again instead of that awful sausage song.


    Originally posted by sprock93 View Post
    I leave here what I have also posted on the Chart Analysis

    Mariah is still #2 on Spotify UK on the 26th Update.
    So far the current week for Wham, Mariah & CJ ( I believe he is the one with bigger streams and still not in ACR) looks like that :

    Wham
    25th 2.555.381.
    26th 307.498

    Mariah
    25th 2.444,375
    26th 301.617

    CJ
    25th. 170.667
    26th. 168.205

    Two days total :
    Wham = 2.862.879 / 2 = 1.431.439
    Mariah =. 2.745.992/ 2 = 1.372.996
    CJ. =. 338.872

    At this stage CJ even if starts climbing a lot with 220K per day in the next 5 days and a total of 1.100K, to be added to this 338K, would match something around 1.488K.
    Wham & Mariah with this scenario would just respectively need 120K and 240K total streams in 5 days, considering the ACR.
    I believe that CJ would do less, considering there is a Sunday update missing with lower streams and 220K is far more what the song did in the first 2 days.

    LadBaby is also free falling on iTunes. If there isn't another Remix coming or something particular should not be racing for #1 this week.
    Positions should be in ACR and 34 +35 still not that strong.

    At the end, for what concerns Mariah vs Wham, Mariah is ahead on iTunes and Youtube while Wham on Spotify and Apple Music.
    Considering that the difference should be not that big, Amazon and the real total number of Premium Streams which have a better ratio would be crucial.
    Can anyone check Amazon chart in the UK? If I'm Not wrong Mariah was #1 while Wham #4 on Xmas Day.

    I see some kind of activism from Wham fans or general chart addicted to give Last Xmas for the first time the #1 this week.

    Comment


    • step by step skylynx . Her broadway is coming

      new christmas song or we can expect another song to be remixed with A-list celebrities since Apple is willing to come up with the budget

      Comment


      • That is good news. I guess the collaboration with the mystery guy will come into fruition then.
        A place in time still belongs to us...

        Comment


        • Someone should update MC and AIW's global sales. Seems like it is stuck on 16M and 15M for several years now. We had 2M additional certification in US and updated one in UK. It should be almost 20M for MC and more than 20M for AIW.
          A place in time still belongs to us...

          Comment


          • Spotify: Xmas season begins in August


            +4,542,162 - JAN / 2020 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
            +1,719,143 - FEB / 2020 -1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
            +1,421,565 - MAR / 2020 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
            +1,312,148 - APR / 2020 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
            +1,400,041 - MAY / 2020 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
            +1,219,412 - JUN / 2020 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
            +1,499,812 - JUL / 2020 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
            +2,006,466 - AUG / 2020 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
            +4,498,833 - SEP / 2020 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
            +8,277,730 - OCT / 2020 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
            +55,982,951 - NOV / 2020 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
            +147,121,396 - DEC / 2020 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You (25th Dec)
            My Chart

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ferrero View Post
              i am of a different view, Mimi will definitely strike while the iron is hot.

              This christmas special must have brought in quite a number of new subscribers, that' why Apple is willing to invest in this special

              Have the best selling christmas album worldwide? have the most streamed christmas album on Spotify? or christmas single topping Billboard or UK no 1? sorry Mimi's been there, done that... Mimi is further expanding her christmas empire.
              Ive been thinking about this a lot recently. What's next? How can this empire be further expanded?

              Musically, lights to be shed to the rest of her seasonal catalogue. Little by little attention, streams and plays are growing for OHN, C (BPCH), SCICTT and now Oh Santa! The special was a success in terms of making some of those songs visible to a public that for some reason wasn't streaming Merry Christmas as a whole. Descentralizing (chart) success from AIWFCIY should be an immediate, short term objective. A third Christmas album shouldn't be out of reach (i don't really care about in terms of what, but at this point we need her to have sung every single classic song - she's our Christmas canon).

              God bless the apple special, Mariah has a special guardian angel because the only year that shes not going to be able to tour she had something virtual already locked down. Queen of timing. Otherwise, 2020 would have been kind of disastrous or a wasted chance, while she used to grow exponentially (which is very difficult to get, not everybody has that to their credit).

              Tour wise, the christmas shows need to be updated (same damn thing for 6 years), reimagined and upscaled. Venues need to be bigger (arenas) and the show needs to be taken around the world.

              I think its too early for a new variety special, unless they come up with something new and fresh.

              Again, the question: what ELSE can she do? What other christmassy venture is there to be conquered? Ornaments? Did that (i love how much she's obsessed with that fugly figurine). Cooking and cookies? Doesn't sound crazy, tbh. But what else can she do outside music, films and books?
              Last edited by GlenMarley; Sun December 27, 2020, 13:53.

              Comment


              • Last october Billboard shared Mariah's Top100 songs, and yesterday I've seen many tweets revamping this list... or is it because I've been liking all mariah related tweets and some computer is showing me this BB one???

                Anyway, 50 minutes ago they sent again the tweet and I checked and the list is pretty solid, a mix of album cuts, big hits, remixes and feats. A very nice read and no, WBT is not #1!
                VOTE UKMIX PARADE CHOICE AWARDS

                Comment


                • Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                  Legends!

                  thanks for sharing! very interesting! Mariah reached the top part of the list at around 1994, that was FAST! Whiteny and Madonna were head to head for quite a time! And Rihanna is already 4 to 5 years without adding more chart toppers. I do think that she will add more to her list, but I am not so sure anymore about she reaching 20+ #1s, I kinda feel she lost her momentum. Of course she will get some chart toppers more for sure. I also think Mimi will stay in 19 and Beatles will hold the record for some time.
                  VOTE UKMIX PARADE CHOICE AWARDS

                  Comment


                  • No shade but I don’t know how Tanaka even got the job as a background dancer because he can’t dance :/

                    Comment


                    • Yes it's difficult to top it each year. I mean the Apple Special this year was already gargantuan in production values. I always wonder how she can top it but each year she seems to pull something out the bag. Though i do think the next few years will be pivotal how she treads the line. Too many low quality or tacky ventures and it can dilute the brand.

                      Some ideas:

                      Next Year:

                      * Agree about the Christmas shows, she needs to revamp it with even higher production value (it has improved in recent years with the giant screens but needs grander choreography and does it kill her to add more female backup dancers...LOL)
                      * She needs to take her tour to places like Australia, Canada and some smaller markets outside of the big cities. She doesn't have to do them every year at the same place, adding new markets for the tour will help and circulate them. For big cities like New York and London just alternate them every other year or 2.
                      * Go to China and do a big Christmas promotional push (a week long or something). It's a huge market (now and in the future) and she needs to stamp her ground there quickly as the Christmas Queen (push that Willow girl aside).
                      * Record a music video for Christmas Baby Please Come Home (they must do this, this song is crying out for a modern visual).
                      * Pull Ariana and JHUD back for a live performance or two of Oh Santa next year somewhere (perhaps a taped concert video or something)
                      * The "It's Time" social media video on Occtober 31st-November 1st needs to stay, she must continue to be the Gatekeeper of Christmas and be the new tradition.


                      Near Future:

                      * Film a big Christmas TV concert special perhaps with Disney or Netflix (while her voice is solid, who knows what will happen in 5-10 years time). inviting friends and legends whilst featuring her signature Chrismas songs like the Apple special but in a live setting.
                      * Why not get Darlene Love to sing Christmas Baby Please Come Home together and mention it more in her interviews a small promo push of sorts.
                      * Find another Christmas movie (needs to be A-lister on the level of Love Actually and not something like Last Christmas last year) tie-in to plug some of her other songs, perhaps Miss You Most or even her version of Christmas Baby Please Come Home (though I do wonder if Darlene love will veto it if they're playing Mariah's version and not her own).
                      * Christmas album #3 (yes i'm serious, she needs to do a Trilogy in 2-3 years time and whilst the voice is still there). Include Sleigh Ride officially
                      * Create a grand Christmas Symphony show with full on orchestra and ball gowns (cater to that Adult AC and classical music audience) LOL.


                      Far future / Fantasy:

                      * Re-Release her own rendition of Where Are You Christmas.....or at minimum, find an opportunity to sing it together with Faith Hill on stage. It will be imense and they need to pull on the anticipation on social media.
                      * Produce a new musical production featuring her Christmas songs
                      * License her songs for a movie based on her Christmas music. I don't think she should direct, hand it over to an A-list director or production team.





                      Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post

                      Ive been thinking about this a lot recently. What's next? How can this empire be further expanded?

                      Musically, lights to be shed to the rest of her seasonal catalogue. Little by little attention, streams and plays are growing for OHN, C (BPCH), SCICTT and now Oh Santa! The special was a success in terms of making some of those songs visible to a public that for some reason wasn't streaming Merry Christmas as a whole. Descentralizing (chart) success from AIWFCIY should be an immediate, short term objective. A third Christmas album shouldn't be out of reach (i don't really care about in terms of what, but at this point we need her to have sung every single classic song - she's our Christmas canon).

                      God bless the apple special, Mariah has a special guardian angel because the only year that shes not going to be able to tour she had something virtual already locked down. Queen of timing. Otherwise, 2020 would have been kind of disastrous or a wasted chance, while she used to grow exponentially (which is very difficult to get, not everybody has that to their credit).

                      Tour wise, the christmas shows need to be updated (same damn thing for 6 years), reimagined and upscaled. Venues need to be bigger (arenas) and the show needs to be taken around the world.

                      I think its too early for a new variety special, unless they come up with something new and fresh.

                      Again, the question: what ELSE can she do? What other christmassy venture is there to be conquered? Ornaments? Did that (i love how much she's obsessed with that fugly figurine). Cooking and cookies? Doesn't sound crazy, tbh. But what else can she do outside music, films and books?
                      Last edited by skylynx; Sun December 27, 2020, 15:17.

                      Comment


                      • This boy knows how to dance... and he creates good routines

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Imopink1 View Post
                          No shade but I don’t know how Tanaka even got the job as a background dancer because he can’t dance :/
                          Beyoncé and Rihanna disagree.
                          And let's not act like dancing for Mariah showcases your best abilities as a dancer.
                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post

                            Ive been thinking about this a lot recently. What's next? How can this empire be further expanded?

                            Musically, lights to be shed to the rest of her seasonal catalogue. Little by little attention, streams and plays are growing for OHN, C (BPCH), SCICTT and now Oh Santa! The special was a success in terms of making some of those songs visible to a public that for some reason wasn't streaming Merry Christmas as a whole. Descentralizing (chart) success from AIWFCIY should be an immediate, short term objective. A third Christmas album shouldn't be out of reach (i don't really care about in terms of what, but at this point we need her to have sung every single classic song - she's our Christmas canon).

                            God bless the apple special, Mariah has a special guardian angel because the only year that shes not going to be able to tour she had something virtual already locked down. Queen of timing. Otherwise, 2020 would have been kind of disastrous or a wasted chance, while she used to grow exponentially (which is very difficult to get, not everybody has that to their credit).

                            Tour wise, the christmas shows need to be updated (same damn thing for 6 years), reimagined and upscaled. Venues need to be bigger (arenas) and the show needs to be taken around the world.

                            I think its too early for a new variety special, unless they come up with something new and fresh.

                            Again, the question: what ELSE can she do? What other christmassy venture is there to be conquered? Ornaments? Did that (i love how much she's obsessed with that fugly figurine). Cooking and cookies? Doesn't sound crazy, tbh. But what else can she do outside music, films and books?
                            I agree with you. I think it's too early for a new special and I hope she rebumps her christmas songs and add new classics. Maybe an orchestra-Christmas tour or similar.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

                              Beyoncé and Rihanna disagree.
                              And let's not act like dancing for Mariah showcases your best abilities as a dancer.
                              what is this narrative? I became a stan bc I saw her dancing. queen. kween.
                              My Chart

                              Comment


                              • Am I the only one who wants to see Mariah in a coca cola xmas advert next?

                                Comment


                                • I really wish every year to come will be like 2020 in terms of Mariah output.
                                  For next year, I would love for her to collaborate with someone who can produce a hot summer track, like Kygo or Sheeran. I don't care if Mariah only sings a catchy hook. The important thing would be Mariah in the top 10 of the charts outside of Christmas.
                                  Then, in terms of this Apple special, she should release her third Christmas album, with a range of new songs, which will feature on the special, including a beautiful Marc Shaiman produced version of 'Christmas in New York'. In terms of vocals, Mimi, we're gonna need more than what you gave on that special. As a minimum, we're going to need some of those Heroes/Hero/JTW vocals but ideally, we'll need outtakes from 1994 Merry Christmas recording sessions. And the next special has to be filled with groundbreaking moments so casual fans don't get bored. By groundbreaking, I mean 'O Holy Night' with loads of celebrities (even Celine Dion) singing the verses and then Mariah coming in and miming to edited versions of her 1994 vocals. We're going to need guest appearance from mega movie stars associated with Christmas movies such as Jim Carrey, Bruce Willis and Macauley Culkin. Mariah having a sleigh ride with Shaun Mendes. The cast of Hamilton or The Greatest Showman performing some kind of musical-Christmas mash-up! This next special needs to the biggest event on earth!

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by wolfeagle View Post
                                    I really wish every year to come will be like 2020 in terms of Mariah output.
                                    For next year, I would love for her to collaborate with someone who can produce a hot summer track, like Kygo or Sheeran. I don't care if Mariah only sings a catchy hook. The important thing would be Mariah in the top 10 of the charts outside of Christmas.
                                    Then, in terms of this Apple special, she should release her third Christmas album, with a range of new songs, which will feature on the special, including a beautiful Marc Shaiman produced version of 'Christmas in New York'. In terms of vocals, Mimi, we're gonna need more than what you gave on that special. As a minimum, we're going to need some of those Heroes/Hero/JTW vocals but ideally, we'll need outtakes from 1994 Merry Christmas recording sessions. And the next special has to be filled with groundbreaking moments so casual fans don't get bored. By groundbreaking, I mean 'O Holy Night' with loads of celebrities (even Celine Dion) singing the verses and then Mariah coming in and miming to edited versions of her 1994 vocals. We're going to need guest appearance from mega movie stars associated with Christmas movies such as Jim Carrey, Bruce Willis and Macauley Culkin. Mariah having a sleigh ride with Shaun Mendes. The cast of Hamilton or The Greatest Showman performing some kind of musical-Christmas mash-up! This next special needs to the biggest event on earth!
                                    The vocals were great, She did a good job

                                    Comment


                                    • Meemz can collaborate with BTS. She has already collabed with Westlife and 98 degrees, so there is no shame in doing it one more time for that 20th #1. Give the Asian lambs something to love.

                                      Comment


                                      • Dec 26 on Spotify:

                                        01 - +3,840,729 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
                                        02 - +686,060 - 1994 - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
                                        03 - +603,559 - 2020 - Oh Santa Remix
                                        04 - +378,344 - 1994 - O Holy Night
                                        05 - +291,866 - 1994 - Silent Night
                                        06 - +177,876 - 1994 - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
                                        07 - +174,655 - 2011 - All I want for Christmas Is You (ft. JB)
                                        08 - +95,323 - 2010 - All I want for Christmas Is You (ExtraFestive)
                                        09 - +57,426 - 2010 - Oh Santa
                                        10 - +56,879 - 1994 - Joy to The World

                                        85,020,778 - 2010 - Merry Christmas II You
                                        1,253,278,280 - 1994 - Merry Christmas
                                        Last edited by stevyy; Sun December 27, 2020, 16:52.
                                        My Chart

                                        Comment


                                        • I’d like to see another Mimi collab in the near future. I hear a lot about BTS I’m going to listen to them because I don’t think I’ve heard them yet. I would like her to do a fun collab maybe another song with Ari or even Ed? I know Ed is not fantastic vocally but he’s songs are catchy he’s a good songwriter.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

                                            The vocals were great, She did a good job
                                            I agree with you. Love what she's done in Oh holy night, sleigh ride to name a few and the new arragements were great.

                                            What I want is great music and promo once the album is released (if she decides to release a new one)

                                            Comment


                                            • Xmas songs gains in 2020 so far:

                                              01 - +235,478,178 - All I want for Christmas Is You
                                              02 - +37,449,592 - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
                                              03 - +19,817,254 - Oh Santa Remix
                                              04 - +18,144,283 - O Holy Night
                                              05 - +12,928,542 - Silent Night
                                              06 - +10,895,782 - All I want for Christmas Is You (ft. Justin Bieber)
                                              07 - +10,314,472 - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
                                              08 - +4,849,552 - All I want for Christmas Is You (ExtraFestive)
                                              09 - +4,082,661 - Oh Santa!
                                              10 - +2,931,638 - Joy To The World
                                              11 - +2,425,830 - Miss You Most (At Christmas Time)
                                              12 - +2,380,098 - Hark! The Herald Angels Sing / Gloria
                                              13 - +2,119,629 - When Christmas Comes (ft. John Legend)
                                              14 - +1,780,173 - Jesus Born On This Day
                                              15 - +1,658,952 - Jesus Oh What a Wonderful Child
                                              My Chart

                                              Comment




                                              • THIS IS LIT AS F!!

                                                Comment


                                                • Seems like they added AIW's no 1 position this week because most weeks record is now at 84 and AIW has 5 weeks already.

                                                  A place in time still belongs to us...

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by Imopink1 View Post
                                                    No shade but I don’t know how Tanaka even got the job as a background dancer because he can’t dance :/
                                                    He’s very respected around the world for his dancing. He even choreographed for Beyoncé (!!)

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X