This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

Do another "Return of the Voice" style TEOM promo to remind people what's missing in today's music. The thing TEOM did well was tap into the nostalgia and love they had for Mariah back in the 90s.....she can do that again.

And the biggest thing the music, no more mid-tempo singles please UPTEMPO, PARTY, BANGERS please.
    The #1 selling point of TEOM in its early stages was the release of her best lead single ever, It's Like That which was urban, modern, kinda uptempo-ish and fun. Every hoe in town loved that and she really did re-connect with the TWEENS...
    My Chart

Comment

That's the part I don't get, why not invest 1m dollars (which she'll make back each Christmas season) into doing a big launch for MC16.

I mean, get that playlisting, book those performances, go on an international tour, get a creative team that is young and can do things on a nice budget. Coordinate good news around the release to build buzz (certifications, interviews, award performances). it needs to be planned properly and executed well.

She's not going to get to #1 but at least show the public that you're out and releasing great new music again that needs to be heard.

Do another "Return of the Voice" style TEOM promo to remind people what's missing in today's music. The thing TEOM did well was tap into the nostalgia and love they had for Mariah back in the 90s.....she can do that again.

And the biggest thing the music, no more mid-tempo singles please UPTEMPO, PARTY, BANGERS please.
      madonna spent more than 1 million in just a live performance at the billboard awards. mariah nver puts any effort in anything she releases nowadays (excl. xmas season). and she doesn't need to spend 1 million in a video, you just need to get creative and put some effort, some storyline, not just standing there caressing herself no matter what topic of the song is. you can put any song over any mariah video and it's the same, it's just like a beauty shoot only

Comment

The #1 selling point of TEOM in its early stages was the release of her best lead single ever, It's Like That which was urban, modern, kinda uptempo-ish and fun. Every hoe in town loved that and she really did re-connect with the TWEENS...
        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

madonna spent more than 1 million in just a live performance at the billboard awards. mariah nver puts any effort in anything she releases nowadays (excl. xmas season). and she doesn't need to spend 1 million in a video, you just need to get creative and put some effort, some storyline, not just standing there caressing herself no matter what topic of the song is. you can put any song over any mariah video and it's the same, it's just like a beauty shoot only
          Since 1902 her fans yell at her for uptempo music and she is releasing the same ole beat ballad over and over again and then everyone acts shocked that it didn't do well...

She always claims herself how she hates that Vision of Love video... and yet she is recreating that consistently... only more nude.

A ballad about losing love or being unhappily in love with someone does not require her to sit or lay somewhere caressing her body, I'm 100% with you.

She always claims that she loves acting... well gurl: ACT! Have a storyline. Book some student actors to help you out... I mean It's not that expensive to hire amateur actors to role play some sort of storyline into her lyrics.

A video of her ... wandering thru NYC or London or whatever.. would be better than seeing her touching her chest while belting to off-beat ballads.

Take a song like Caution... that deserved a cute lil video where she does something other than playing Mariah Carey doing what people expect a Mariah Carey to do.

Her last good video was Obsessed - and even that one only lived off of her being in drag. (and M&M being run over by a bus ofc).

Mama needs someone to finally tell her.
          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Since 1902 her fans yell at her for uptempo music and she is releasing the same ole beat ballad over and over again and then everyone acts shocked that it didn't do well...

She always claims herself how she hates that Vision of Love video... and yet she is recreating that consistently... only more nude.

A ballad about losing love or being unhappily in love with someone does not require her to sit or lay somewhere caressing her body, I'm 100% with you.

She always claims that she loves acting... well gurl: ACT! Have a storyline. Book some student actors to help you out... I mean It's not that expensive to hire amateur actors to role play some sort of storyline into her lyrics.

A video of her ... wandering thru NYC or London or whatever.. would be better than seeing her touching her chest while belting to off-beat ballads.

Take a song like Caution... that deserved a cute lil video where she does something other than playing Mariah Carey doing what people expect a Mariah Carey to do.

Her last good video was Obsessed - and even that one only lived off of her being in drag. (and M&M being run over by a bus ofc).

Mama needs someone to finally tell her.
            I agree Stevyy. Especially the acting part. The videos are her chance to shine so why not do it.
            And even a generic video of her singing with a band in an abandoned warehouse would be more interesting than one filled with beauty shots and PG self loving.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post

I agree Stevyy. Especially the acting part. The videos are her chance to shine so why not do it.
              And even a generic video of her singing with a band in an abandoned warehouse would be more interesting than one filled with beauty shots and PG self loving.
              YEs, I mean we are not even being rude... but she seems to be stuck in a loop when it comes to her videos. I'd even watch her do regular things... like cooking, being on the phone... doing whatever in her house... in a video that is shot on a mobile phone camera... anything is better than what she is serving.

Remember how she had one of the hottest songs of 2013, #Beautiful, which even did well enough and had some type of push and was cool and in demand and yet she was shooting the most uninspired bore of a video... lol. MIMI why?!

She's also created such an iconic alter ego with Bianca, but that B!tch is lyring dead in a ditch bc she's never allowed to be out and about.

She also has 1 million industry friends... in order to attract some streaming points from a video... she could ask some of them to appear in a cool concept video with her... like have Pamela, Sharon Stone and Courtney Love re-enact a tacky Mean Girls dance scene with ya. There are so many ideas that I have.

Mariah needs a visual era. When SUD comes out ... she needs to really let loose and give us a hardcore cringe grunge video... with wigs and leather outfits and destrying things in the video... going to walmart or whatever. MIMI, call me... Imma direct that era for ya, for free.
              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

YEs, I mean we are not even being rude... but she seems to be stuck in a loop when it comes to her videos. I'd even watch her do regular things... like cooking, being on the phone... doing whatever in her house... in a video that is shot on a mobile phone camera... anything is better than what she is serving.

Remember how she had one of the hottest songs of 2013, #Beautiful, which even did well enough and had some type of push and was cool and in demand and yet she was shooting the most uninspired bore of a video... lol. MIMI why?!

She's also created such an iconic alter ego with Bianca, but that B!tch is lyring dead in a ditch bc she's never allowed to be out and about.

She also has 1 million industry friends... in order to attract some streaming points from a video... she could ask some of them to appear in a cool concept video with her... like have Pamela, Sharon Stone and Courtney Love re-enact a tacky Mean Girls dance scene with ya. There are so many ideas that I have.

Mariah needs a visual era. When SUD comes out ... she needs to really let loose and give us a hardcore cringe grunge video... with wigs and leather outfits and destrying things in the video... going to walmart or whatever. MIMI, call me... Imma direct that era for ya, for free.
                the #B video was a shot in her own foot. I remember when I watched the video I fet so underwhelmed it kinda made me lose the hype I had for the song and stopped listening it like before. the video could elevated the song so much if she wanted to. I'm mariah biggest fan but most of her videos in recent years don't make me want to rewatch it, the only videos I watched multiple times were AIWFCIY 2019 and Oh santa 2020. if her fans can't enjoy her videos imagine how the gp feels about it.

Comment

• I...I liked the #Beautiful video.
                  Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• This was such an epic year for her!

---

Comment

• Funny how people thought Brenda Lee was coming for the crown. All she has is Spotify after they ditched Mariah (and they are still punishing her for that jab about pay). Luckily for AIWFCIY the other streaming services picked up the pace.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                            I...I liked the #Beautiful video.
                            I like the #B video too! (bar the scenes with the black leather ensemble or wathever she was wearing, just nope). I like #Hermosa better tho.

Comment

• Originally posted by Askforsnow View Post
                              Funny how people thought Brenda Lee was coming for the crown. All she has is Spotify after they ditched Mariah (and they are still punishing her for that jab about pay). Luckily for AIWFCIY the other streaming services picked up the pace.
                              I didn't think for a second that Brenda would be a contender. She wasn't even close. The gap was always around +40 points.
                              But some lambs love the drama so they were panicking just in case

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Hhmm if I'm gonna get whipped by you I might be wrong more often
                                  Well, that escalated quickly

Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Back then when she/her team knew how start an Era with a hot banger

But yeah, I agree stevyy. ILT was such a smart choice, I don't know why it didn't peak higher tbh.

---

RE videos. I agree, she needs to step up her game. STD was tragic (even considering the pandemic)
                                  AIW(MMWCT) was very good, and she put some money for it.
                                  Also Caution vids had gorgeous cinematography (A No No was cute!), just lacked the storyline. Or at least something interesting, eye-catching, the surprise factor.
                                  The Complex behind the scences vid from '16 was cool, I love the darker vibe they have on there.

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                  She also has 1 million industry friends... in order to attract some streaming points from a video... she could ask some of them to appear in a cool concept video with her... like have Pamela, Sharon Stone and Courtney Love re-enact a tacky Mean Girls dance scene with ya.
                                  LOL I love this concept. Make it happen. ​

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Welcome aboard dahling! Have fun!
                                    Aww thank you its such an honor to recieve a welcome from you being you are one of the greats here...

To be on topic I have a lot respect on Music Box for me it is untouchable. I am one of the lucky lamb from the olden times (hahaha) who witnessed the her undisputable success in the 90's
                                    Last edited by SomeonesUglyDaughter; Wed January 6, 2021, 09:27.

Comment

• Can we have a breakdown of her album sales in US TEA & SEA.
                                      the last time we had a detailed breakdown is in 2018. For sure so many sales adds to her albums and some are eligible for new certifications. Also the sales of her Merry Christmas Era seems outdated now
                                      Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

Comment

• Is that new banner photo on Twitter a hint that Caution era part 2 is coming soon?!

Comment

• If the music industry was smart, they would get the publishers of all the charts to give less weight to streaming platforms that don't pay good money to the artists. So Billboard should give less weight to Spotify, Youtube and other streaming numbers where they don't pay the artists properly. This would pressure the platforms to up their profit sharing game. I am guessing radio pays artists more than Spotify per radio play? Spotify is getting too dominant and controlling. All this streaming and the artists getting nothing. We are all basically supporting corporations (Spotify, other streaming platforms) that are screwing artists.

On the other hand, I guess the charts are meant to simply doing its best to reflect how the public is consuming music. If they don't take into account cheap streaming, then the chart is not an accurate reflection of consumption. However, the rules are so easily broken and manipulated (Swift...)....but I guess that's business...whatever the rules are, someone will always know how to manipulate them...

Comment

• Mod Note:

Please see Wayne's note about potential downtime in the coming days to address some of the lingering server problems. Questions should be posted in that thread or personally to Wayne.

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/ukmix/fr...e#post10537462
                                            See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Surely if Mariah put aside a few million (from some of her private concerts), the interest alone could be used to fund some decent videos!

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfeagle View Post
                                                Surely if Mariah put aside a few million (from some of her private concerts), the interest alone could be used to fund some decent videos!
                                                In some ways, I dont think her music video issues are due to budgeting alone. I mean, it certainly does help indeed but I think there are some over all concept issues as well.

For example, the GTFO video is quite well done and has a good concept, but the music video just didnt push it far enough.
                                                See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

In some ways, I dont think her music video issues are due to budgeting alone. I mean, it certainly does help indeed but I think there are some over all concept issues as well.

For example, the GTFO video is quite well done and has a good concept, but the music video just didnt push it far enough.
                                                  True. She needs to work with some good directors and be prepared to relinquish some creative control. I always wonder what was the beef with her and the You’re Mine director but it sounded like she didn’t like being told what to do!

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

I agree. The problem for me it's the creativity. GTFO and With You had good photography (they're beautiful) but they don't add anything else the songs, they don't have click value.
                                                    Having a budget it's ok but there are a lot things you can do without a big budget.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X