Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good thing is she will return this year again, and the next year, and... well.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
      It always used to irk me over the past 30 years of Meemz's career how some people said Mariah had a 7 octave range and I wondered how in the world did that rumour start?

It was only this year that I realised she whistled in the 6th/7th octave (in musical notation terms), so that must be how the rumour started...when the press were initially told she could whistle up to the 7th octave, people who weren't aware of musical notation would just assume she has a 7 octave range. Mystery finally solved. I'm sure many of you always knew that, but it was a revelation to me. Anyway, just wanted to get that off my chest...
      LOL, yeah.
      7 is the octave (in musical notation).

Tho I'm 100% sure she has over (or at least) 6 full octaves.

Comment

• NOMINEE for the 3rd Annual UKMIX Hot100 AWARDS as

Voting will start once all categories are announced! Stay tuned!
        VOTE UKMIX PARADE CHOICE AWARDS

Comment

• The breakout of a new pop girl, Olivia Rodrigo and her supposed connection with Taylor Swift has me thinking which of the 80-90s legends have true heirs or someone that is not only influenced by them but have incorporated their attributes into their artistry.

The only one out of the Vocal Trinity and 80s/90s who I don't think has a true heir apparent is probably Celine and maybe Prince (though he's style is so eclectic it's hard to pinpoint who exactly is continuing that attribute and level of artistry).

Mariah has Ariana (female pop vocal/RnB and super high range)

Whitney has Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Hudson (powerful vocals)

Madonna has Britney and Lady Gaga as true heirs (reinvention and pop girl blueprint)

Janet has Beyonce (maybe Rihanna) (dance and triple threats)

Michael has Usher, Timberlake, Bieber (male pop, dance)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post

Hands down one of Mariah’s best performances ever!
            and, to do it as a tribute to a great.
            Sorry, but a lot of tributes that young artists do these days in award shows can’t touch what the artists in the past used to do!
            She showed respect to Patti and sang her ass off!
            gorgeous!

To totally forgot Michael Bolton did a tribute! He killed it! And, the way he blew and kiss and winked at Patti! Loved it! He’s a class act and so underrated as a singer. He still sounds amazing to this day!

and, seeing the love Prince showed for Luther! Two of my idols!
            Did anyone notice in 9:43, Celine was clapping for Mariah.

Michael Bolton is a VOCALIST. I saw him live in 2019 and his voice is simply incredible.

I don't get some of the bad rap these male crooners/belters get (e.g. Bolton, Buble and artists like James Blunt). so unfair. Just because they're male and sing soft, romantic songs means you have to make fun of them. Disgusting.

Michael was a true 90s powerhouse, i mean he was amongst the biggest artists in the first half of the 90s and obviously the trends started to go away from power ballads into trendier territory after 95.

Comment

• I’ve never seen anyone put Michael Bolton in the same boat as Buble and James Blunt. A bizarre comparison unless you simply mean white male singers.

Comment

• The trailer for Lee Daniels ‘The United States vs Billie Holiday” film looks incredible. She’s been far too busy but I wish she’d had been involved even just on the soundtrack I know she’s a huge fan like me.

Comment

• Janelle Monae has a Prince vibe and is an amazing artist.
                  You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                    I’ve never seen anyone put Michael Bolton in the same boat as Buble and James Blunt. A bizarre comparison unless you simply mean white male singers.
                    I know.
                    Michael Bolton is a beast as a vocalist.
                    The rest are meh.

I mean...

Can't stand Buble tbh, so fake.

Comment

• Her voice in '03 was so amazing.

Dem VOL performances >>>

She looks 2018-ish in that pic. Both years were beauty peaks so it makes sense.

Comment

• Ha impact!

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                          Is there a more POWERFUL evening?

The only time the VOCAL TRINITY was under one roof?

The Queen Patti Labelle and amazing male vocalists Luther Vandross, Michael Bolton.

Prince was also in the audience.

339021-1998_spiral_star.jpg283acb3c-afbb-4cc8-a9d0-6d2d259e5553-gettyimages-79281592.jpg?w=653&fit=crop&crop=faces&auto=format%2Ccompress.jpg
                          If im not mistaken, theyve all performed in the same night at the 1999 Academy Awards. That must have been quite an evening to attend those awards.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post

I miss this Mariah. She might have been nervous but she definitely didn’t show it. She looked in total control of her voice and stage presence.
                            I was watching some early 2000s performances and felt the same way. She changed after TAOM in 2006. Then her confidence and stage presence got worse in the social media age. Those “bad” performances that went viral really scarred her.

Comment

• Lambs, I am going to do some more shameless self-promo and post a link to my new song. Please message me with your thoughts (and be kind):

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/5dy9tt4j2QwNuoMF6
                              You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• #outtakes
                                https://www.facebook.com/MariahCareyClassic

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                                  I have a feeling Someone’s Ugly Daughter will be a game changer for her....if she plays it right
                                  I am praying for her to give a little effort on this project *crossing fingers*

Comment

• I love Someone's Ugly Daughter as is, so I can only imagine how great it will be with her lead vocals!

I do hope they play it right too. The interest about it when the news first broke was huge.
                                    See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Do you think the earliest we can realistically expect a new Mariah album is 2022?! I mean I know she gave us a memoir, an entire album of rare songs and a Christmas special last year but still I want MORE!

Comment

• The last Merriest Milestones for this past Christmas season.
                                        A week late!

Read the rest here: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-discussion/artist-chart-analysis/73642-mariah-carey-the-christmas-eras?p=10540642#post10540642

Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                        Mariah's Massive Merriest Milestones

Longevity champ: AIWFCIY now holds the record by itself for most weeks a Mariah song has spent on the Hot 100...

Seasonal best: AIWFCIY's 7 consecutive weeks on the Hot 100 matches its seasonal best from 2019, when it had overtaken the 6 weeks it charted in 2018...

Very Merry Christmas: Merry Christmas spends a 9th consecutive week on the Billboard 200 this season, matching its run from 2019. Only during its debut season in 1994-95 did it log more weeks with 13...

All Time Champ: AIWFICY is now Mariah's biggest chart hit ever on the Hot 100, based on an unweighted inverse points system from 100 to 1!...
                                        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by divingmuffin View Post
                                          Lambs, I am going to do some more shameless self-promo and post a link to my new song. Please message me with your thoughts (and be kind):

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/5dy9tt4j2QwNuoMF6
                                          Is 'Here Me Now' a cover of yours? I think it is.

That's a nice one.
                                          MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• please help! why does it appear like this?
                                            • You are not authorized to create or remove attachments
                                            • i can't post photo
                                            https://www.facebook.com/MariahCareyClassic

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfeagle View Post
                                              Do you think the earliest we can realistically expect a new Mariah album is 2022?! I mean I know she gave us a memoir, an entire album of rare songs and a Christmas special last year but still I want MORE!
                                              Yeah, 2022 is the most realistic year IMO (I hope for spring release).
                                              Bish is already thinking in her 2021 Xmas Era
                                              But she could give us some surprises this year, a good collabo for once, Someone's Ugly Daughter with her vocals (I'd give my all for this), a song/soundtrack for a movie or something like that, and we still have MC30 going on, lots of Eras missing so we're getting enough material at least until May/June (depends whenever she resumes this, but I think February).

Comment

• Originally posted by SomeonesUglyDaughter View Post

I am praying for her to give a little effort on this project *crossing fingers*
                                                It could be a moment if she plays it right, as delapuerta pointed out.
                                                Rock/Indie/Alt Mariah would be so un-Mariah for the GP that would generate interest. It already did when the news came so...

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                                  The last Merriest Milestones for this past Christmas season.
                                                  A week late!

Read the rest here: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-discussion/artist-chart-analysis/73642-mariah-carey-the-christmas-eras?p=10540642#post10540642
                                                  Thanks for the stats!
                                                  Amazing all what the song achieved in 2020. A massive WW hit.
                                                  The album did well too!

Comment

• This is very true.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X