This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ilearnedfromthebest View Post

Oh my. .. please not Nicki.... she is like backup featured "artist" if there is no better choice.
    Nicki makes sense since they're friends.
    Megan is confirmed.

Comment

• Whyyyyyyyyy is she shading Caution? Caution is perfect. Yes, it doesn't have huge vocal moments but MIAMTEC does and well...I just don't think she can't recreate them live #sorrynotsorry
      I'd rather have laid back Caution vocals than Me. I am Siri the autotuned chanteuse vocals
      MARIAH

Comment

• Mimi can have really bad taste sometimes. In general LOL.

Comment

• Nah. She smart, open and honest.
          Love her. She and I are so on the same page, ugh.
          Twins separated at birth
          Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Mimi knows...Caution is basically her first draft vocals - plain vanilla melody (ala Hero). Nice but no fireworks. I love her ultra-low vocals on the album but overall the vocals left me feeling like I could be listening to any other (ordinary and non-spectacular) artist.

Comment

• I adore Caution but agree with her about the vocals! They are good, but she held back

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Nicki makes sense since they're friends.
                Megan is confirmed.
                Yeah but if I check all singers and their remixes I see always "Feat Nicki Minaj". It's embarassing and annoying to see her everywhere in single remixes.... im more for Christmas trio with Mariah

Comment

• Btw can someone tell me how to remove my signature? I haven’t been able to since 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                    Nah. She smart, open and honest.
                    Twins separated at birth
                    Hahaha sometimes I look to your IG and think is this Mariah, the Canary island queen?
                    Last edited by delapuerta; Wed January 13, 2021, 19:39.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
                      Mimi knows...Caution is basically her first draft vocals - plain vanilla melody (ala Hero). Nice but no fireworks. I love her ultra-low vocals on the album but overall the vocals left me feeling like I could be listening to any other (ordinary and non-spectacular) artist.
                      Nah when you have Giving me life

Comment

Mimi can have really bad taste sometimes. In general LOL.
                        I think she's too hard on herself

Comment

• Originally posted by heartlocked View Post
                          Whyyyyyyyyy is she shading Caution? Caution is perfect. Yes, it doesn't have huge vocal moments but MIAMTEC does and well...I just don't think she can't recreate them live #sorrynotsorry
                          I'd rather have laid back Caution vocals than Me. I am Siri the autotuned chanteuse vocals
                          They don’t have to be “Siri,” listen to “Save The Day” adlibs and “Oh Santa” 2020 adlibs, no autotune and phenom

Memoirs, MIAM, and MCIIY were mixed at a time when every artist had autotune on them, regardless of ability to sing or talent, she was just keeping with the aesthetic

I think she held back on adlibs or truly full voice on some songs on Caution, or she did some songs in a key that could have been just as easy for her to sing live a step up, remember “Giving Me Life” acapella?

That’s the only drawback since it is a Mariah album, the songs themselves and the album as a whole are spectacular
                          Last edited by allygdale; Wed January 13, 2021, 19:42.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
                            Mimi knows...Caution is basically her first draft vocals - plain vanilla melody (ala Hero). Nice but no fireworks. I love her ultra-low vocals on the album but overall the vocals left me feeling like I could be listening to any other (ordinary and non-spectacular) artist.
                            For me it's her tone what sets apart her for every other singer (and her musicianship and songwriting of course). I don't need vocal pyrotechnics to appreciate her work.

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

Nah when you have Giving me life
                              Exactly.
                              Or 8th Grade.
                              Or Caution.
                              Or One Mo' Gen.

I don't consider any of those song's vocals (nor the whole album) "ordinary". It's quite special IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                I adore Caution but agree with her about the vocals! They are good, but she held back
                                She held back and it worked, at least for me.

Comment

I think she's too hard on herself
                                  I know

Comment

Hahaha sometimes I look to your IG and think is this Mariah, the Canary island queen?
                                    OMG
                                    No, but really, it's not only that she held back, when she belted, full rich tone wasn't there for me. It sounded thin. We already discussed that and I think allygdale said something about it being because of the mic or whatever.

​​​​​​​As I said, I enjoy the album. But it's no masterpiece to me.
                                    Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Yes, Meemz' tone is wonderful, especially in her lower register (which is now her best register...so rich...). I appreciate it. But it's like driving a Ferrari in 3rd gear...nice and pleasant and enjoyable, but there is a firework from driving in 6th gear which cannot be compared. Mimi is one of the only artists that can drive excellently in all vocal gears from 1 to 6. I missed the 5th and 6th vocal gears. That's all. The songs themselves were still great.

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                                        Nah. She smart, open and honest.
                                        Twins separated at birth

Comment

• Her comments about Caution have really given me faith that she will pull out some big climaxes on the next album. Like someone said above, even some belting like at the end of Oh Santa 2020 would be better than the song just fading out.

Comment

• Comment

For me it's her tone what sets apart her for every other singer (and her musicianship and songwriting of course). I don't need vocal pyrotechnics to appreciate her work.
                                              I fee you with this. I felt way more moved by the caution vocals than MIAM MADE BY TEC(H)

Comment

• Just finished the interview In it’s entirety and I’m blown away.

more excited that these guys will 1000% collaborate with her on her next album!

Comment

• I know it’s preference but as a fan to not recognise the quality of ‘Caution’ as an album and call it “just ok” is baffling to me. Like Questlove said it was the perfect balance of being a Mariah album in the current musical landscape.

I called it on since her releasing the book being more open about things I’m glad she’s talking about her voice more. I agree with her, if she re-recoded ‘Caution’ now I’m sure it’d be an improvement. ‘Portrait’ would be miles better had it been re-sung.

Comment

• I loved the interview, talking about Walter, Ben, Narada, etc.
                                                    And I loved how they let her talk on end, without interupting much.
                                                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Working...
                                                    X