Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who here could tell Mariah was of mixed race when they first saw her? I had no idea until I read it in an interview. I originally thought she was Mediterranean and that she reminded me of Toni Childs...

    Comment


    • I could always tell.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
        Who here could tell Mariah was of mixed race when they first saw her? I had no idea until I read it in an interview. I originally thought she was Mediterranean and that she reminded me of Toni Childs...
        I don't remember not knowing and I follow her since Vision Of Love.
        So I either saw it right away in her looks or I read it in one of the first articles that was written about her.
        My Instagram... - Click here

        Comment


        • Amazing interview!!! 90 minutes flew by so fast and I can’t wait for Part 2 on Friday!

          On Caution, I get what she’s saying and I appreciate the fact that she takes pride in her work and wants to take the time to put out the best material with the best vocals possible. I totally agree with her on the “instant grats” or whatever. Those were dumb and probably hindered any potential “A No No” and the others had at becoming or performing as singles.

          With all the talk of her voice being in tip-top shape thanks to quarantine, it sounds like she’s getting ready to put another album together. I hope they get more into that or when we can expect new music in Part 2!

          Also would love of a collaboration with The Roots!

          Comment


          • For the people who couldn't tell she was mixed race (including me), it probably says more about their community - where I was growing up (NZ), there weren't that many mixed race children around me (or if there was, no-one talked about it). You were either Caucasian (which is pretty general), or Maori or Polynesian or Asian. I think the only people of African/Russian/Middle Eastern or South American origin I ever saw growing up was on TV or the movies.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
              For the people who couldn't tell she was mixed race (including me), it probably says more about their community - where I was growing up (NZ), there weren't that many mixed race children around me (or if there was, no-one talked about it). You were either Caucasian (which is pretty general), or Maori or Polynesian or Asian. I think the only people of African/Russian/Middle Eastern or South American origin I ever saw growing up was on TV or the movies.
              This could well be true. I am mixed race (Asian/European) and not everybody can tell. So I recognize what Mariah talks about when talking about being mixed race and how people react. I'm always very aware of other people being mixed race, as I feel a connection. So this could be a reason I could tell Mariah was certainly not white.
              My Instagram... - Click here

              Comment


              • I used to move Mariahs albums from pop to what was then ‘urban’ in music stores when I was a teen, because I knew that’s where she belonged. I always considered her as black.

                Comment


                • I feel subconsciously I knew she was bi-racial when I was a child. My first Mariah video was heartbreaker video and didn’t think much of it. When glitter came out it was clear since she had a black mother. Through the rain video made it more obvious.
                  Me. I am Itsawrap.

                  Comment




                  • So gorgeous.

                    Comment


                    • This is the sort of interview i've been wanting to hear from Mariah. She goes into detail into some very interesting parts of her life.

                      Can't wait for Part 2.

                      There's been some great interviews the past year (some bad as well).....but i live for these SUPER LONG ones

                      Comment


                      • I wouldn't be surprised if we'll hear from Walter again. about AIWFCIY. after this interview...LOL

                        Comment


                        • https://open.spotify.com/episode/5TB...RSCmKkXIspupew

                          A friend shared this recent Walter interview with me yesterday. It's probably old news here, but posting just in case.

                          Why is he so insistent that Mariah has apparently claimed that she wrote the song as a child "with one finger" on a keyboard? And he really tried to downplay her involvement in the melody, as well as boldly state that she has pretty much zero musical knowledge. He's very bitter.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

                            I fee you with this. I felt way more moved by the caution vocals than MIAM MADE BY TEC(H)
                            Of course and BY FAR (except for Faded climax).

                            I love her tone in Caution - and that's the most important thing for me. The tracks didn't need big vocals IMO. I think this is what set the album apart from her other works and that's why I like it so much.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post
                              Also would love of a collaboration with The Roots!
                              Yes, yes and yes!

                              Comment




                              • Comment


                                • Mariah has the best genes ever. During her beauty peaks, she's the most stunning woman I've ever seen.

                                  Comment


                                  • TEOM 2.0 is coming (for vocals I mean).

                                    Comment


                                    • Comment


                                      • LOL, if there's some people that Mariah would never care to make any type of contact with, those are Xtina and J.Lo and that's fine!

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by AutomaticPrince View Post
                                          https://open.spotify.com/episode/5TB...RSCmKkXIspupew

                                          A friend shared this recent Walter interview with me yesterday. It's probably old news here, but posting just in case.

                                          Why is he so insistent that Mariah has apparently claimed that she wrote the song as a child "with one finger" on a keyboard? And he really tried to downplay her involvement in the melody, as well as boldly state that she has pretty much zero musical knowledge. He's very bitter.
                                          She never said she wrote it as a child referring as a kid,she was saying when she was younger and a baby in the industry. The thing is that he always says that she came with the melody. If you listen to the Questlove podcast she says exactly the same. Also, Walter pointed out in the past that the song was like "doing scales" and Mariah in the same interview has said that and she also recognized that the bridge was written with him.
                                          What else does he want? He's bitter since the day Mariah parted ways with him because he has a contract

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by AutomaticPrince View Post
                                            https://open.spotify.com/episode/5TB...RSCmKkXIspupew

                                            A friend shared this recent Walter interview with me yesterday. It's probably old news here, but posting just in case.

                                            Why is he so insistent that Mariah has apparently claimed that she wrote the song as a child "with one finger" on a keyboard? And he really tried to downplay her involvement in the melody, as well as boldly state that she has pretty much zero musical knowledge. He's very bitter.
                                            Well she did say that some years ago in an interview with Billboard and later with Cosmopolitian She did an interview where she said she wrote it in as a kid on her casio keyboard. I don't remember exactly.

                                            I cant find the article where she suggested she wrote it herself but in this article her saying that is referenced. This was from 2018.

                                            "To Afanasieff’s chagrin, in interviews Carey has given about “All I Want for Christmas Is You,” Carey has seemed to claim sole authorship of the modern holiday standard, suggesting that she wrote it by herself on a Casio keyboard, conflicting with his account of their composing the music together while he played the piano"

                                            "“I am proud of this song that I wrote basically as a kid on my little Casio keyboard,” she told Billboard two years ago. In this month’s Cosmopolitan, Carey says, “I just sat down, decorated a little tree and put on ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ and tried to get into that mood. Then I sat in this small room with a keyboard and started doing little melodies and stuff.” In the new Amazon Music documentary “Mariah Carey is Christmas: The Story of ‘All I Want for Christmas Is You’,” the singer says: “Actually I put on ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ downstairs, you could hear it throughout the house and I went into this small room and there was a little keyboard in there and I started playing” — there mentioning “Walter A” by name, as someone she took the song to, after she’d composed it, to co-produce. On the “Merry Christmas 2 You” DVD in 2010, she also recounted being by herself at the Casio when she came up with the familiar keyboard chords"


                                            https://variety.com/2019/music/news/...ew-1203447527/

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                              She never said she wrote it as a child referring as a kid,she was saying when she was younger and a baby in the industry. The thing is that he always says that she came with the melody. If you listen to the Questlove podcast she says exactly the same. Also, Walter pointed out in the past that the song was like "doing scales" and Mariah in the same interview has said that and she also recognized that the bridge was written with him.
                                              What else does he want? He's bitter since the day Mariah parted ways with him because he has a contract
                                              Exactly.
                                              And why she would start writing a Xmas track when she was a kid when she even didn't want to put a Xmas album so early in her career, when she was 24?
                                              She didn't say that.

                                              Comment


                                              • Walter should just enjoy the Christmas checks. Or make new perennial hits without Mariah.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                                                  Walter should just enjoy the Christmas checks. Or make new perennial hits without Mariah.
                                                  He sold his portion of the song, so he now enjoys a lump sum.
                                                  See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                                  Comment


                                                  • I hope there's no trace of her home performances in the new album, vocally speaking.

                                                    Not a fan of her tone there or in some Caution tracks, but she sounds so fire elsewhere. Vids she's uploaded, like the TEOM 15th anniversary celebratory moments, Auld Lang Syne, etc.
                                                    Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X