Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mariah should just go independent at this stage. Then she can do things exactly how she wants to in every aspect. Takes two years to record if she wants, pick the single, direct the video. Call all the shots.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

      She probably should have said it to them at the time, i dunno, seems kinda pointless saying it now. And it was more the way she said it, in that mimicky voice i guess. Seemed kinda unnecessary. I mean did she really think releasing three versions of A no no and three videos did the campaign any good either ? It just seems to me that she is unhappy with how Caution performed and is looking to blame the labels for releasin instant grats for that. I dont think they made any difference to its performance really.
      Probably she did. She has complained about this in different interviews cos i remember her saying she thought it wasnt a great idea. I dont think she is complaining about sales, but about the way the fans enjoyed the album as a whole. Releasing 4 tracks before the release of an album of 10 tracks is a bit meh tbh. So she didnt like it, and as a free woman she is she said it. End of it. Lol

      Comment


      • Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

        And she has a name in the industry to say it. If Radiohead or Neil Young says this, they receive praise
        But she's a woman and a "diva" so...

        Comment


        • Mariah’s voice is an enigma! I remember when Emancipation came out, thinking her voice had deteriorated. Now I’m relistening to songs like Makin It Last All Night and her belting is almost like Through The Rain on it.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Yerac View Post

            Probably she did. She has complained about this in different interviews cos i remember her saying she thought it wasnt a great idea. I dont think she is complaining about sales, but about the way the fans enjoyed the album as a whole. Releasing 4 tracks before the release of an album of 10 tracks is a bit meh tbh. So she didnt like it, and as a free woman she is she said it. End of it. Lol
            Well technically they only released two. Then the other tracks were along with the preorder which is standard practice these days. I mean the label were just encouraging fans to preorder early and then buy more copies later when they dropped all those special fan editions week after week. They were probably just trying to get her the highest position possible on opening week. I do agree that they probably overdid it, seeing as the album had only ten tracks. But I dont think that fans were too worried about enjoying the album as a whole, as soon as something is out there fans want to hear it, remember when the rarities started to leak, fans were going crazy here trying to get their hands on the tracks as soon as they could haha.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Yerac View Post
              Probably she did. She has complained about this in different interviews cos i remember her saying she thought it wasnt a great idea. I dont think she is complaining about sales, but about the way the fans enjoyed the album as a whole. Releasing 4 tracks before the release of an album of 10 tracks is a bit meh tbh. So she didnt like it, and as a free woman she is she said it. End of it. Lol
              Yeah, she said it before, but in a more polite way.
              And I remember lots of fans also complaining that we already had half of the album at that time before the full release

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

                Yeah, she said it before, but in a more polite way.
                And I remember lots of fans also complaining that we already had half of the album at that time before the full release
                Lol lambs complaining about something? Shocking! Thats brand new information to me ( phoebe's voice from friends)

                Shaka bit of topic... i know u an ariana fans so I am... dont u think the new remix is a bit shit? Lol
                Last edited by Yerac; Fri January 15, 2021, 15:02.

                Comment


                • To be honest, i feel she does give conflicting messages. In the book, we get the sense that now has control of her music career but then in her interview she indicates that things were not under her control (major strategic things, like the instant grats and release timing, the vocals on caution etc). Kinda feel she is disappointed with how the album performed and then looks for excuses without confronting the big thing which is perhaps the gp is not that interested in her new output anymore unless she does a total reinvention. If Caution was released by say, Ariana it would have been a huge huge seller.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by wolfeagle View Post
                    Mariah’s voice is an enigma! I remember when Emancipation came out, thinking her voice had deteriorated. Now I’m relistening to songs like Makin It Last All Night and her belting is almost like Through The Rain on it.
                    That's a supper underrated bop. I love it.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                      Lol lambs complaining about something? Shocking! Thats brand new information to me ( phoebe's voice from friends)


                      Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                      Shaka bit of topic... i know u an ariana fans as well as me... dont u think the new remix is a bit shit? Lol
                      LMAO, yes. Totally unnecessary. I like the original better, the remix is messy. And she chose the worst timing to release it

                      Comment


                      • I think this year will be MC30, Chick and Glitter's 20th anniversary. Maybe she'll release the vinyl and upload the videos.

                        Oh and I guess Busta will release the Where I Belong video??

                        Comment


                        • so assuming from the interview we'll get new music with the SUD release, and she said she's thinking about collab and record new songs for the SUD. and the 16 yo superstar girl she mentioned about working with I asssume she as referring to Millie Bobby Brown right?

                          Comment


                          • Aside from SUD, I hope we do get some fresh stuff this year

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Strat View Post
                              I think this year will be MC30, Chick and Glitter's 20th anniversary. Maybe she'll release the vinyl and upload the videos.

                              Oh and I guess Busta will release the Where I Belong video??
                              I hope she does something for the Glitter Anniversary!

                              We don't need the Where I Belong video I think

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                Mariah should just go independent at this stage. Then she can do things exactly how she wants to in every aspect. Takes two years to record if she wants, pick the single, direct the video. Call all the shots.
                                I thought she’s been in charge of all that over the past few projects? I doubt there is a controlling figure in her career now

                                Comment


                                • this clip from SUD is the new with Mariah's lead or the one with Clarissa?
                                  it sounds like mariah but it sounds so different so I don't know

                                  Comment


                                  • Just finished the Part II. What an amazing interview (the whole thing, 3 hours !).

                                    She talked like 30 minutes about SUD so it's happening gurls. And she sounded so excited about it.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                      this clip from SUD is the new with Mariah's lead or the one with Clarissa?
                                      it sounds like mariah but it sounds so different so I don't know
                                      It sounds like Mariah for me. Sounds like she's trying to not sound like herself but hmmm there's some subtle inflections and I think it's her.

                                      Comment


                                      • Girls, your bad taaaaaste, I can't.
                                        34+35 rmx is a hundred times better than the original.
                                        Doja and Megan aaaate. Shaka what u oooon.

                                        Ofc needless to say I don't even care for the original or the album lol
                                        Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

                                        Comment


                                        • Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

                                            We don't need the Where I Belong video I think
                                            We do. It was one of her best songs last year and the video is already recorded (and she looks great on the pictures).
                                            So it doesn't give her any work at all. No need to keep it from us.
                                            My Instagram... - Click here

                                            Comment


                                            • If I could only listen to one song for the rest of my life I genuinely think I'd pick Say Somethin. Why that song wasn't #1 for 6 months I'll never understand

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                                                If I could only listen to one song for the rest of my life I genuinely think I'd pick Say Somethin. Why that song wasn't #1 for 6 months I'll never understand
                                                Because they forgot to release the David Morales Radio Edit as the a-side.
                                                My Instagram... - Click here

                                                Comment


                                                • She's hiring hey u lambs from the US better start updating your cv's do u guys think Melissa is out of the picture already?
                                                  Last edited by SomeonesUglyDaughter; Fri January 15, 2021, 16:28.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                                    We do. It was one of her best songs last year and the video is already recorded (and she looks great on the pictures).
                                                    So it doesn't give her any work at all. No need to keep it from us.
                                                    Well, I correct myself, I don't need that video and nothing from those years.
                                                    Has Mariah ever acknowledged the song after Busta released his album? I don't remember tbh but I don't think so.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X