This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post

I always thought that best was sooooo hard I loved it. I had the vinyl with it on. Great remix.
    I had that vinyl too!

Comment

• Finally decent audio of the Boy Street Remix!

The One remix.... Why are some parts edited, like Mariah's vocals? It's slightly different to the version on the remixes

Comment

• Originally posted by Strat View Post
        Finally decent audio of the Boy Street Remix!

The One remix.... Why are some parts edited, like Mariah's vocals? It's slightly different to the version on the remixes
        I was just about to post about this remix.

I really like it!
        See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Just listened to the one Remix, you’re right. Definitely different vocals

Comment

• Y’all she resung The One remix which came out like a year after CB

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
              Y’all she resung The One remix which came out like a year after CB
              She did, but we’re saying the resung vocals on the EP version are different to the version on the remixes album. It’s subtle but it’s definitely a slightly different edit

Comment

• Why are these EP’s dated 2021? I’m not mad, because The One showed up on my new releases playlist, which the previous ones didn’t because they were dated with the original year.

it’s a change of strategy, maybe? Or because they have new elements added?

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post
                  Why are these EP’s dated 2021? I’m not mad, because The One showed up on my new releases playlist, which the previous ones didn’t because they were dated with the original year.

it’s a change of strategy, maybe? Or because they have new elements added?
                  I think it's more an administrative error than anything else. Or, maybe it's related to copyright/publishing. But it is nice that they showed up at the top of her playlists/pages.
                  See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Drop Skydiving pre-Memoirs

“The One” is called “So So Ref” remix on Apple Music by the way

Comment

• Album: The One
                      iTunes:
                      #3 Singapore
                      #6 Belgium
                      #9 Hong Kong
                      #12 Spain
                      #14 Thailand
                      #27 Canada
                      #32 Australia
                      #34 United States
                      #47 United Kingdom
                      #65 Germany
                      iTunes US:
                      32 NEW Mariah Carey - Boy (I Need You) - EP
                      39 NEW Mariah Carey - Bringin' on the Heartbreak
                      43 NEW Mariah Carey - Through The Rain
                      orange clouds roll by ....

Comment

• “Lullaby” is still my favorite on Charmie, a future forward Caution moment! Love the production

My Saving Grace will always have a special place for me as well, so gorgeous and my favorite vocal on the album, could have been on TEOM

Comment

• I also want to add that maybe the whispers were a strategic thing, all women and girl groups in that era were thin voiced, so who knows

The more I watch performances from that era, the more I realize the “CB Tour” voice was there all along, she just didn’t use it much in the studio

Anywho, I can’t wait for the HATEU So So Def remix

Comment

• Best songs off Charmbracelet unfortunately were not singles. Lullaby, Clown, Subtle Invitation...
                            remixes were not special in this era imo

Comment

• On the other note, I think she should remove the R. Kelly Betcha remix off MIAM

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                                This live performance had that frantic/desperate lover vibe that the recording needed but lacked
                                Yep, I like it better than the studio version.
                                Her voice was in tip-tip shape this day btw, this was before the Tour.

Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                                The concert segment at the end of the BOTH video - i dont mind a whole show like that
                                That stage looks LIT.

Originally posted by David_Mimi View Post
                                Wow!! So much better with these vocals!! How the songs can change with the way of singing
                                Of course, it can change drastically, the prime example being Love Story album version VS Love Sory Acoustic at MTV.
                                You can push a "not-so-good" song to another next level with the right arrangement (and vocals).

Comment

• Originally posted by Strat View Post
                                  Finally decent audio of the Boy Street Remix!

Yeah, they're different, not in a bad way, but I prefer the one on The Remixes.
                                  This one sounds kinda unfinished? But not a big deal.
                                  I love this remix a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

She did, but we’re saying the resung vocals on the EP version are different to the version on the remixes album. It’s subtle but it’s definitely a slightly different edit
                                    Yeah, the version from The Remixes has more chesty vocals and the harmonies are also a bit different in some parts.
                                    To me it sounds unfinished with those abrupt stops, but only a full lamb would recognize the slight differences.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                      Drop Skydiving pre-Memoirs
                                      I hope she releases that one. We need the unfinished version in HQ.

Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                      “Lullaby” is still my favorite on Charmie, a future forward Caution moment! Love the production

My Saving Grace will always have a special place for me as well, so gorgeous and my favorite vocal on the album, could have been on TEOM
                                      Lullaby is gorgeous and sexy.

My Saving Grace is the older brother of FLAB.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Wait, there's more

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Yeah, the version from The Remixes has more chesty vocals and the harmonies are also a bit different in some parts.
                                              To me it sounds unfinished with those abrupt stops, but only a full lamb would recognize the slight differences.
                                              What parts do you hear different vocals? Sounds the same to me...

Comment

I'm still waiting for mine

Comment

• Originally posted by quilmrt View Post
                                                  What parts do you hear different vocals? Sounds the same to me...
                                                  Everyone in the thread is hearing the slight differences.
                                                  Listen them 2 versions back to back and you'll notice them.

Comment

Everyone in the thread is hearing the slight differences.
                                                    Listen them 2 versions back to back and you'll notice them.
                                                    I just did and even put them in Garageband to see if I could hear it. Nothing stood out, which is why I asked here

Anyone else willing to give me time stamps?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X