Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And even Sony hasn't supported much Mariah lately, so... The Rarities has been a Mariah's effort

Comment

• I don't think promoting a rarities album with a song that uses a very well-known sample and a straight cover was a great idea to begin with...
      jio CHARTS NOW: 5/4/2022: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...9#post10866219

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
        This must be CHICK!

I think it’s “Skydiving”

Feb 12 is Memoirs week dahling

We already know about Chick, there was another surprise and MC gave us quite a hint a few months ago

Whatever it is, I will savior it

Comment

• OMG Apple Music is so shady, they replaced TEOM Ultra Platinum with the standard version on her front page under Essential Albums (it’s the first) today

Secret Love and Sprung had stars from the Ultra Platinum being on her front page last week, the stars denoting that they were two of the most popular tracks, along with ILT, WBT, SIO, and Stay The Night

Mess, maybe she’s doing “Skydiving” promo with Spotify, I wonder if it has a video, I would not be surprised, I just hope she re-recorded the first verse and chorus vocals so they are as good vocally as the second
          Last edited by allygdale; Tue February 2, 2021, 10:23.

Comment

• BTW I fixed the Angels Advocate pic, it was the hair

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
              I don't think promoting a rarities album with a song that uses a very well-known sample and a straight cover was a great idea to begin with...
              This has nothing to do with Sony didn't supporting her. But i.e Joni Mitchell 1st single of her vault album is a cover too

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                BTW in regards to the 2020 UKMIX Favourite Members voting, the following lambs made it onto my list:
                Awww... right back at ya!

All my votes last year were for lambs... and I ain't ashamed of that
                Mainly cause I don't post in other threads that much.

Some of those lambs though don't post anymore...

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                  OMG Apple Music is so shady, they replaced TEOM Ultra Platinum with the standard version on her front page under Essential Albums (it’s the first) today

Secret Love and Sprung had stars from the Ultra Platinum being on her front page last week, the stars denoting that they were two of the most popular tracks, along with ILT, WBT, SIO, and Stay The Night

Mess, maybe she’s doing “Skydiving” promo with Spotify, I wonder if it has a video, I would not be surprised, I just hope she re-recorded the first verse and chorus vocals so they are as good vocally as the second
                  allygdale your obsession for Skydiving is starting to get worried me lol every post i see from you it has skydiving on it
                  Last edited by Yerac; Tue February 2, 2021, 11:21.

Comment

• Originally posted by SomeonesUglyDaughter View Post

Ooohhh I hope so but isn't it too early if the project involves Millie?
                    We had a picture of Millie and Mariah together prior Xmas at Mariahs house where Millie seems to be posing with a pijama, so we really dont know how long they have been working together behind the scenes dahhling

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

Back then I was just a casual fan hence maybe I didn’t get it right but what about MC Summer 2012? I thought she was about to release a new album and Triumphant was like a lead single kickstarting a new era.
                      I feel you are right about this. She probably did have several songs for MIAM in 2012. In the end some of those songs didn't make MIAM (like Save The Day and Triumphant), but if Triumphant had been a huge hit, I'm sure there would have been an album in 2012.
                      UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                        Looking at the date, I hope it's not Valentine's related
                        I wouldn't mind a brand new Valentine's single.

But then again, I think it could be to give some more attention to the release of MC vs JS and Angels Advocate, finally being officially released for #MC30.

UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

Comment

• People hardly go on Live with Kelly and Ryan to make big announcements. So whatever it is, we'll probably find out beforehand, if it is anything at all.
                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                            People hardly go on Live with Kelly and Ryan to make big announcements. So whatever it is, we'll probably find out beforehand, if it is anything at all.
                            Usually Mariah go to a talk show when she has something to promote or announce. So let’s hope it’s something exciting and about music release

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                              Nice!

I barely posted in 2020 (only during Xmas Era, I think I made my comeback in November ).

Lots of friends on the list

Aaaaw yaaay!
                              U da best, "Infinity" worshiper
                              Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

I think it’s “Skydiving”

Feb 12 is Memoirs week dahling

We already know about Chick, there was another surprise and MC gave us quite a hint a few months ago

Whatever it is, I will savior it
                                Why would she go on TV to promote SkyDiving which no one outside the lambs would be interested in.

Comment

• Shes gonna plug the book.

idk what youre talking about saying Sony didnt push the rarities. Its a compilation, what else did you expect? At this point the problem with Mariah's promotion is not that it isnt enough, its that it just doesnt catch fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post

"We"? I don't see anyone's name on the award. except for mine.

Hi, stevyy

And you are? I haven't seen you post on here before, what have you contributed to this thread

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post
                                      Shes gonna plug the book.

idk what youre talking about saying Sony didnt push the rarities. Its a compilation, what else did you expect? At this point the problem with Mariah's promotion is not that it isnt enough, its that it just doesnt catch fire.
                                      Mariah did everything and invest on the project. It has nothing to do with just promotion. They've only distributed it. Idk what are you saying

Comment

• Originally posted by taustin13 View Post
                                        Does this Chick album count as MC16 since its technically a brand new album or is it a album redone with Mariahs vocals? I'm still confused about it really. Maybe we are getting an alternative rock album resembling Someone's Ugly Daughter. Who knows????
                                        We don't know what form it will take, she gives the impression she wants to release versions without Clarissa's lead vocals.

Here's some options; in order of probability I think

1) EP - with a handful of songs where she feels she has delivered the best and most cohesive lead vocals + 1 or 2 interpretations with people like Millie
                                        2) SUD Re-issue with selected Mariah only vocals + bonuses as a Deluxe offering
                                        3) Mariah Carey & Millie Bobby Brown - forming a little girl group for laughs and re-interpreting most of the songs on SUD

I personally don't think this will get full album release, it's probably another gift for fans like Rarities....and maybe if it catches on then she may do something more with it but she won't be appearing everywhere to promote it.

I will not treat this album as MC16....just like Rarities I will treat it as a special side project.
                                        Last edited by skylynx; Tue February 2, 2021, 15:17.

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post
                                          Shes gonna plug the book.

She already appeared on their show for Chrsitmas and talked about the book.....i doubt she'll be back to just talk about the book again.

This is likely to be music related.....i don't mind if she goes on there to plug MC30 generally.....i mean it's purely been a fan related thing.....so it would be nice to address it on TV for the general public andd perhaps have alot of goodies planned that week for MC30.

Probaby too early for Tour or Vegas announcements.

Too early for another Christmas 2021 plans.

So i'm tossing between MC30 generla stuff and some inkling of Chick news (i.e. single release date...though it does seem od if she goes on a show to announce a single release if it's not released in the same day or in a few days of he interview.....so could be something more substantial.).

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                            BTW in regards to the 2020 UKMIX Favourite Members voting, the following lambs made it onto my list:

InfoFromAus
                                            RayRay
                                            MeltAway
                                            SawyerHewitt
                                            TheRealest
                                            Shaka
                                            delapuerta
                                            allygdale
                                            AlmondBreeze
                                            sYair
                                            WaitYourTurn
                                            jr588
                                            Yerac
                                            Kaloki
                                            SmartIsNewSexy
                                            Of course you're gonna be on my list as well, stevyy as well as some others on this list.
                                            Some really great members on this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post

Well, if Millie is involved in anyway I dont think the project is planned only for Lambs, as Im sure Millie is very expensive at the moment and can give popularity to any project
                                              Really? She strikes me as a B/C-Grade actress or an up and comer in terms of general public awareness.

Comment

• Millie is appearing in an upcoming movie (March 25th)....Godzilla v King Kong.....going pretty much straight to streaming.

What if the news we're getting on Feb 12th is that Millie and Mariah sing the feature song of the movie (and the song is a re-interpretation of a SUD song)

That may be good promo.......but yeah, wishful thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

Mariah did everything and invest on the project. It has nothing to do with just promotion. They've only distributed it. Idk what are you saying
                                                  Much of MC30 is from her own pockets. This has adjusted my expectations and appreciation significantly.

I do want her to set up either a way to do without a label completely OR get a better label budget somehow.
                                                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• It's quite sad that an artist of Mariah's caliber is reduced to having to fund her own projects like this and releases like MC30 and Rarities barely make a ripple outside the fandom.

Goes to show how much appetite there really is for her content outside Christmas. It's almost diminishing returns and wasted effort commercially these days....hopefully she's doing it for the love of the fans and to maintain her relevance still being in the business.

She has herself to blame for this at the end of the day for trusting the wrong people and mis-managing her career for decades.

She recovered once with TEOM but the older you get the harder it is to convince these big labels to pump in money for your releases.

To think that disgusting artists like Eminem can still score hit albums just goes to show that quality is not always it.

Hopefully her example can teach younger artists to better manage their careers.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X