X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

She started to recording vocals from MIAM in '12 (her best ones) but Triumphant wasn't part of it.
      There's no way she would have left Triumphant off the album had it been a #1 hit.
      Last edited by RayRay; Wed February 3, 2021, 15:18.
      Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Rare pic (BTS) from AYNAF vid (the other version)

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

There's no way she would have left Triumphant of the album had it been a #1 hit.
          That song was doomed on arrival.....she was barely in it....and the production was weak and too sparse....in an era where you had crazy dance hall songs on the charts.

Had they had gone for a Vintage Throwback/Pulse Remix vibe but made more poppy or ready for mainstream it could've done decently.

She recovered well with #Beautiful....but dropped the ball again with the video and lacklustre live promotion.
          Last edited by skylynx; Tue February 2, 2021, 20:34.

Comment

• Still hoping for the first AYNAF video to be released.

As well as the black and white studio video version of Hero.
            Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Comment

• They're plugging this in time for Valentines...;)

Comment

• She better not doing appearances for dem cookies lol

Comment

• Do you want my cookie?

Comment

• That #tone

Comment

• This channel has so many rare videos

Hero - Private 2006 charity event in Chelsea Piers

Hero - Live 2008 private event

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                          She better not doing appearances for dem cookies lol
                          Oh FCK, i hadn't thought about that......but, but what if this is the formal launch of Mariah's Cookies...

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

Oh FCK, i hadn't thought about that......but, but what if this is the formal launch of Mariah's Cookies...

I swear I thought about that this morning

Comment

I would yell profanities at my screen. Remember... That Butterfly beverage got a huge press conference. I would have loved to get my hands on one of those bottles.

Rumour has it that If you drank it, hair would grow on your back and under your feet (and on your tongue).
                              My Chart

Comment

I'm really disappointed at these so called 1080p videos recently. All they did was basically sharpened up the image and smoothed out the lines in between.

Take for example the Touch My Body video....the colour grading on it is still very off (unnatural) and saturated and there's hardly any definition in the face the way you truly experience 1080p.

This is cost cutting or not even trying really.

It’s so weird and disappointing because those videos were originally shot in HD, don’t they have the original footage. Boy was really HD very clear image, but TEOM and e=mc2 videos are in horrible quality. I was so looking forward to watch these videos in cristal clear image and none of them are. It seems like the user the same low quality video and put a Instagram filter to look more sharp

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                                  Do you want my cookie?
                                  I don't know what flavour you got?

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

It’s so weird and disappointing because those videos were originally shot in HD, don’t they have the original footage. Boy was really HD very clear image, but TEOM and e=mc2 videos are in horrible quality. I was so looking forward to watch these videos in cristal clear image and none of them are. It seems like the user the same low quality video and put a Instagram filter to look more sharp
                                    Yes and strange why it's Boy I Need You that got the 4K.

The one that would've really benefitted from the 4k conversions are obviously ILT/WBT and Touch My Body. These videos had the story and visuals to back it up and amongst her most streamed out of the later generation hits.

Comment

• Originally posted by David_Mimi View Post
                                      I swear I thought about that this morning
                                      I don't get this Mariah's Cookies business. It does nothing for her brand....

* Associating your name to food is risky, i.e. if it ends up being terrible or people get sick from them (i.e. look at some of the bashing Gaga got for her Oreo colours)
                                      * It's not even an enterprise that has been promoted prominently (only 1 twitter post during Christmas) and doesn't appear anywhere. so why bother waste your time and energy on it?
                                      * Is the investment even worth the return,
                                      * Amaeuturish style packaging and branding (i.e. the font is not even in keeping with Mariah's convention).

I thought she would've wrapped it up by now after Christmas and the book assoicitaiton.

If she wanted to go into food, call it something else that way your name is not hardlocked to it but you can still cross-promote it on your digital platforms....i.e. if it does well, it can be stocked regularly on the shelves and opens up your market because clearly some people wouldn't even touch it by the Mairah name alone. Now if they didn't know it was hers and it turns out delicious and yummy people would applaud her.

i.e. cue Rihanna and Beyonce....they know better not to put their own celebrity names on it. Fenty is distinctly Rihanna's but she is able to craft her own unique perspecive through that brand rather than the weight of "Rihanna" on the brand. Same with Beyonce and Ivy Park.

It's the basics......she is clearly not a savvy business woman.....no wonder she's easily taken advantage of and makes poor decisions.

Butterfly Cookies, Crave Cookies or Monarch Cookies woudl've been better and in some ways connected to her (past) brands.

Last edited by skylynx; Tue February 2, 2021, 21:29.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

I personally would hate this.

She is so close to getting her masters back from Sony given copyright law. So having everything under her own complete control, she can technically do the investment stuff on her own terms by setting up her own firm.
                                        Not everything would be under her complete control. Doesn't she own only half of her publishing?

Comment

• Cruise Control is such a BOP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                            Cruise Control is such a BOP.

True.

2008... watch it! OMG... so long ago...

Comment

• Could this be the announcement?

Comment

Could this be the announcement?
                                                Good reason for release Someday demo

Comment

• Be rich as her, i'd make high budget for release my stuff how i want without label money. Why should I have money if i don't spend them? It's better give money for something for fans than some unnecessary s*itty luxury stuff only for myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drewer View Post
                                                    Rise up lotus, rise, this is the beginning

YAS at Mariah/Bey collaboration. Hope its true.
                                                    Beyonka? Never

Comment

Working...
                                                    X