Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    Rare pic (BTS) from AYNAF vid (the other version)

    Stunning, like the Golden Globes 2019 hair but make it grunge

    Comment


    • Originally posted by skylynx View Post

      Yes and strange why it's Boy I Need You that got the 4K.

      The one that would've really benefitted from the 4k conversions are obviously ILT/WBT and Touch My Body. These videos had the story and visuals to back it up and amongst her most streamed out of the later generation hits.

      I think the reason it's the only video on 4k is because the restored version was done by Joseph Kahn being that he is the director as well.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by divingmuffin View Post

        SG Lewis is a great pick, but I think unlikely. Mark Ronson maybe, but that would have been better a few years ago even. I don't see him giving her a hit now, but would probably be quality music nonetheless.

        Ally, your tastes generally align with mine even outside of our little world of Mariah music haha :-)
        Hehe I just mean for resung remixes! If she ever does them again

        Comment


        • I was listening to Questlove podcast and Mariah was asked by one of the dj if they can find the music of Chick she answered in a resounding nope but the 2 videos from the album is on Youtube.

          Also now I just noticed the Chick vevo channel on youtube has all the information of Mariah so does she own that channel too?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
            True.

            2008... watch it! OMG... so long ago...
            The Jamaican vibe

            Comment


            • That would be really good, but I don't think she's going to a show to make (only) an announcement like that.

              Originally posted by skylynx View Post




              Could this be the announcement?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                Stunning, like the Golden Globes 2019 hair but make it grunge
                2018 dahling, #beautypeak

                Comment


                • Still a BOP.

                  Comment


                  • I don't know the remix tho and the video I know only the last 30 seconds or so

                    Comment


                    • I hope she keeps promoting TMOM on “LIVE with Kelly and Ryan”, at least a brief mention. Every time she talks about it during interviews there's a significant bump in sales right after.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SomeonesUglyDaughter View Post
                        I was listening to Questlove podcast and Mariah was asked by one of the dj if they can find the music of Chick she answered in a resounding nope but the 2 videos from the album is on Youtube.

                        Also now I just noticed the Chick vevo channel on youtube has all the information of Mariah so does she own that channel too?
                        Yeah likely. It was updated after the Chick revelation.

                        I wonder if she were to upload the music if it would be on her channel or Chick's?
                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                        Comment


                        • Lets tbh- what is your least favourite of MC haircut vs your most fave?

                          least:



                          Most fave:

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                            Do you want my cookie?
                            I still get PTSD with the “Do you want my heart?” moment.

                            Comment


                            • I still find it odd the videos from the 90s look better remastered, then those from the '00

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by itsjosmar View Post
                                I still find it odd the videos from the 90s look better remastered, then those from the '00
                                I've heard they filmed videos in the 90s on actual film, which can be remastered to a better quality if they still have the original film.

                                In the 00s they mostly filmed directly on some sort of video. It's hard to improve it.

                                Don't know if it's true, but I read this in another discussion.
                                UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by RayRay View Post

                                  I've heard they filmed videos in the 90s on actual film, which can be remastered to a better quality if they still have the original film.

                                  In the 00s they mostly filmed directly on some sort of video. It's hard to improve it.

                                  Don't know if it's true, but I read this in another discussion.
                                  Yes thats right

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by itsjosmar View Post
                                    I still find it odd the videos from the 90s look better remastered, then those from the '00
                                    something weird happened with TEOM and equals remastered videos. They all look awful and worst than the 90s that wasn’t filmed in HD.
                                    this look so much better than the one Mariah uploaded

                                    Comment


                                    • Thank you for those answers. It’s silly they have to remaster WBT or TMB for example... they weren’t filmed that far back for the label not to have them HD ready in the first place...

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                        Still a BOP.

                                        for me too, always among my favorites, except for the video

                                        Comment


                                        • Comment


                                          • Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                            Im That chick EP but not Side Effects EP? Strange

                                            Comment


                                            • Unfortunately this is so true, this sort of thinking is how most people in the general public view her.

                                              She's an easy target and she's too timid to clap back.



                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by David_Mimi View Post

                                                Im That chick EP but not Side Effects EP? Strange
                                                Side Effects is not even a single.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by skylynx View Post

                                                  Side Effects is not even a single.
                                                  But there was a Remix with Busta Rhymes. Talking about Im that Chick i totally forgot that Tony Moran, Offer Nissim and Craig C remixed it

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Front page of the BBC...



                                                    ​​​​​
                                                    The US singer's older sibling wants $1.2m for distress caused by comments in her recent memoir.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X