X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MimiCici
    replied
    Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
    If only lambs focus on what's important about this.

Topic change: I've found this on YT (IDK if it has been posted yet) but I liked it. Although there were pretty sad parts

This is so painful to watch. You can tell that she really went through a lot just make it with Glitter just to be sabotaged. I always knew that Tommy is behind all the negative reviews. There is no way “Loverboy” is reviewed as “self sabotaging” it is not a bad song not even vocally there are way worst songs out there that gets praise. I think it’s time to get critical re assesment with Glitter movie esp the soundtrack. It actually possible. Some cult classics and movies that got negative review eventually re asses and got positive reviews. I feel so bad for her, now i understand why she abandoned the project and forgot its existence then, and all the shades she threw.

Leave a comment:

• allygdale
    replied
    Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    I'm watching the Jamaica Jazz & Blues Festival 2015 in full. It's my guilty pleasure, LOL.

She sounded FANTASTIC that night.

The second verse of WBT was everything and the final belt lol. All the changes she did in ABMB. My All, VOL & IBT ad-libs. #B arrangement. Love it, love it, love it.
    WBT second verse Jamaica was such a moment, her tone matches the studio version except it’s even fuller, and she takes the melody and runs to places she didn’t ten years before

The last belt kills me, she is like, yes, this is happening, but I can definitely do this live tonight
    Last edited by allygdale; Today, 06:31.

Leave a comment:

• allygdale
    replied
    Just a brief little reminder: as soon as Mariah emerged from the hospital, she thanked her fans and expressed remorse over Aaliyah’s death, and this was before celebrities were expected to remark on one another’s passing if they had met

We stan an authentic artist with amazing taste in music

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post

There's a difference between using and abusing though. The quote function is still there. I mean he explains it quite well, it makes it harder to keep up with the thread if there's say 8 comments to one post.
    I hadn't seen Wayne's post when I posted my reply.

Yes I understood the explanation, it just seems pointless to have the feature there just for people to write + 1 or say I agree. Also considering the "like" feature is there. Also I don't think anyone was really "abusing" it or meant any harm. It was just a feature people used sometime to continue a conversation. As far as I know the feature never came with instructions, although I may have missed if it did. Anyway no big deal either way.
    Last edited by InFamous; Today, 05:00.

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Don't mean to be argumentative but if y'all didn't want people to use a feature why put it there in the first place. Just wondering ..
    There's a difference between using and abusing though. The quote function is still there. I mean he explains it quite well, it makes it harder to keep up with the thread if there's say 8 comments to one post.

Leave a comment:

• allygdale
    replied
    All I have to say is, when Mariah uses that “open” technique, like she does in that TGTBAW clip from yesterday, she has the best #tone of any vocalist dead or alive, PERIOD!

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by bm08 View Post
    Hey guys, another reminder to use the COMMENT feature sparingly. If your comment is a larger discussion point, please use the QUOTE or REPLY instead.

Because people are using/abusing the Comments, it is causing some disruption in following discussions.
    Don't mean to be argumentative but if y'all didn't want people to use a feature why put it there in the first place. Just wondering ..

Leave a comment:

• Shaka
    replied
    I'm watching the Jamaica Jazz & Blues Festival 2015 in full. It's my guilty pleasure, LOL.

She sounded FANTASTIC that night.

The second verse of WBT was everything and the final belt lol. All the changes she did in ABMB. My All, VOL & IBT ad-libs. #B arrangement. Love it, love it, love it.

Leave a comment:

• Shaka
    replied
    Of course she can still sound like her old-self. It's just a matter of technique and vocal condition (and also stylistic choices in some cases). Sometimes - when nodules are acting up - she has to make some adjustments with the placement and her voice sounds more nasal or thinner giving that "chipmunk-ish" character. When she's in good voice and use the open technique from the 90s you can tell her voice & tone have barely changed. It's just more inconsistent nowadays - and riskier given her vocal condition.

I love when THAT vibrato comes naturally. It happened a lot during AA Tour and Beacon '14 (and also during Jamaica '15 'cause she was "relaxed" lol).

Leave a comment:

• mm2912
    replied
    I think the whole glitter era overexaggerated. TRL she didn’t do anything disturbing at all, she was just playing fun and that’s all. I feel the Stella era is far worst, I felt like I lost the Mariah I always knew for good. She didn’t look like herself and it seemed like she didn’t have a soul in her body. It was devastating to watch and go through all of that, thank God she overcame all of these.

Leave a comment:

• Shaka
    replied
    Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Maybe it will be pre-recorded like the other ones?

I could see a live interview and pre-recorded performances tbh
    Could be that way.

Katy's performance was pre-recorded? Didn't watch it.

Leave a comment:

• Smokie76
    replied
    Originally posted by allygdale View Post
    I was just playing that “There’s Got to Be A Way” piano clip on repeat and my older cousin Jules was upstairs was yelling “haha, you still love Mariah, I introduced you to her, I love that one,” so I made her come up and watch and she said “wait that’s new, AND live?”

Mariah’s voice is in such good shape right now she could perform songs like “Vanishing” and “Alone In Love” with ease

She’s even using her 90s chin down belting technique, it’s been so long, and she sounds soooo amazing doing it, it’s like watching unplugged, I swear sometimes the ponytail turns into bangs and curly waves
    TGTBAW was one of my earlier favs from the debut album since the release day. The whistles were unmatched and still some of her best ever imo.

And the clip showed that she can still sound like her old self with the full voice belting....just goes to show that it's more of a technic or style that she wanted to produce....hopefully she'll use for more of this style in her vocal delivery in her future songs...

Leave a comment:

• allygdale
    replied

Topic change: I've found this on YT (IDK if it has been posted yet) but I liked it. Although there were pretty sad parts

This is hard to watch, I don’t remember many of these interviews, I haven’t even watched back the majority of that TRL segment since 2001, maybe it is lamb PTSD

Leave a comment:

• allygdale
    replied
    I just cannot with that a capella interpretation, I am slain

Leave a comment:

• delapuerta
    replied
    Those voicemails are hurtful to listen to. I love she's in a good place now, she's a survivor
    After all these years the TRL thing was taken out of proportion and Carson was a stupid to her

Leave a comment:

• jr588
    replied

Thanks for posting! I haven’t heard those MC.com voice messages since 2001!

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    delapuerta I am midway through that upload. About 10min in. I am impressed thus far with the creator's research. I was also impressed that it gathered so many views in such a short amount of time.

Leave a comment:

• Migrate
    commented on 's reply
    I know little about singing technique but I’m glad you bring that up, she sounded « healthy » singing that... nothing strained or anything, just melodious...

• delapuerta
    replied

Leave a comment:

• allygdale
    replied
    I was just playing that “There’s Got to Be A Way” piano clip on repeat and my older cousin Jules was upstairs was yelling “haha, you still love Mariah, I introduced you to her, I love that one,” so I made her come up and watch and she said “wait that’s new, AND live?”

Mariah’s voice is in such good shape right now she could perform songs like “Vanishing” and “Alone In Love” with ease

She’s even using her 90s chin down belting technique, it’s been so long, and she sounds soooo amazing doing it, it’s like watching unplugged, I swear sometimes the ponytail turns into bangs and curly waves

Leave a comment:

• lambie
    replied
    I LOVED her tone and vibrato in the TGTBAW snippet....if ONLY she jkept in her tone in other recent recordings and didn't dub them to sound like MIAM

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    ^I dont think she could release something like that without being sued lol.

I remember there was once a rule about fan mails not including anything artistic like poems to protect her/artists from lawsuits of people saying she was influenced by their work

Leave a comment:

• SmartIsNewSexy
    replied
    Mariah saw it !!

i hope she is inspired. Maybe she can hire this pianist

Leave a comment:

• mimiongaku
    replied
    That new TGTBAW-version is everything. Wow.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    VinylMePlease has been teasing new Mariah releases. I took these on two different occasions over the last couple weeks:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X