Linkin Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This track hurts a million times now...
    I hope you found peace Chester... Farewell...

[youtube:1k1f03qr]yZIummTz9mM[/youtube:1k1f03qr]
    And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

I just heard the news....

And the sun will set for you Chester
      RIP
      [center:373j9ui8]"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey[/center:373j9ui8]

Comment

RIP Chester

Comment

They were a quintessential part of my early adolescence although their music wasn't all my thing. When I was 10 years old, I had to switch schools and went from a primarily urban crowd (90% black) to a more eclectic mix of occupants, and the first phenomenas I noticed right away were emo and Linkin Park. Pretty much everyone I came across was an avid Linkin Park stan. As for me, I didn't like rock (still don't) but they were still one of the few bands I didn't mind listening to. The rock/rap hybrid probably had a lot to do with that (which I can't stand now). "In the End" was as inescapable as anything else of that era and Chester was a huge reason why. RIP.
          Originally posted by Kaloki
          I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

What will happen with the band now? Will they carry on? Can they carry on with only Mike's vocals? Or is this the end of the journey for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Debs_Wild
              What will happen with the band now? Will they carry on? Can they carry on with only Mike's vocals? Or is this the end of the journey for them?
              Who knows? we'll see...
              Imo Chester is IRREPLACEABLE.
              And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

I feel they will disband as band soon enough.
                I can see them releasing some albums with b-side and rarities to remember Chester. They have shared plenty of unreleased material/demo's through their fanclub, I have been part of it for some years now. And I wouldn't be suprised if they would expand that for a while and then call it quits.

Comment

Yeah...He was their lead so I doubt it. Maybe some tribute performance with them backing people singing a tribute or something. And stuff like Jesper said.

This is so sad.
                  Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Well, in that case, I hope Mike resurrects Fort Minor. I loved what he did with them.

In a way, Chester killed not only himself, but Linkin Park as well. I wonder what went through his mind.

Comment

The Linkin Park One More Light North American Tour has been canceled and refunds are available at point of purchase. Our thoughts go out to all those affected.”

http://popcrush.com/linkin-park-cancel- ... ore-light/
                      Whitney Houston

Comment

He was obviously depressed, it's so sad, he was always in Asia and I can still remember how happy looked whenever he would attend award shows (he was never that "emo" guy or that moody person) and thank the Linkin Park fans, I didn't know that it would eventually lead to this. Listening to their songs used to be nostalgic because they were the biggest rock band of the millennium, all the songs give off a sad and bittersweet vibe now.

Comment

I wonder what went through his mind.
                          He was raped for years by a family friend, he never recovered from that, tried to find 'recovery' in drinking and doing drugs. He only got clean when he already was years in Linkin Park. I think there is basically no recovery possible from mental illness, you can find a way to deal with it in some way. But you will never be cured. And Chester has proved that. The death of one of his best friends, Chris Cornell, has pushed him back to a dark place and possibly pushed him to this limit. Depression and mental health issues in general are just a huge *ss b*tch and it's something 'you get over with'.

I have been dealing with some myself and I can tell you that even when you think you dealt with it, it is basically something that can push you down any day.

During the last tour leg he did,, he went closer than ever to the fans. He hugged fans, went into the crowd etc. I gave him a hand, I even had a small moment when he was singing From The Inside and reached his hand to me, sadly no footage from that. But he was saying goodbye without us knowing. It feels bittersweet. The man who saved so many lives, couldn't save his own. His demons took the best of him

Comment

I decided to listen to their Spotify playlist while driving for a few hours yesterday and it reminded me of how many amazing songs they've done and how many songs I'd forgotten - I didn't realise I knew the whole Hybrid Theory album! With every new era they seemed to create new anthems. I also discovered great tracks that were new to me like Burn It Down and Bleed It Out.

So many of their songs were about death and now they all seem to make sense.

Comment

I also think they will disband. Will probably release some GH collection/8th album compiled from leftovers (maybe even in Q4). Can't see them touring as a LP anymore tbh. Mike's voice is just too soft to handle Chester's songs. He could perform whole One More Light album + some other songs from the past where Chester doesn't scream. It would be a parody, if he tried to do Faint, Numb or Crawling... I'm angry at myself that I didn't attend their concert in Cracow last month. World has lost one of the most charismatic (rock) singers in history tbh.

Comment

Linkin Park Filmed Carpool Karaoke Days Before Chester Bennington’s Death
                                According to Variety, the episode will air in October.
                                ¡Eh, mamá!
                                Me quiero matar
                                El mundo se va a la mierda
                                Y no he hecho nada

Comment

Originally posted by Jesper
                                  I wonder what went through his mind.
                                  He was raped for years by a family friend, he never recovered from that, tried to find 'recovery' in drinking and doing drugs. He only got clean when he already was years in Linkin Park. I think there is basically no recovery possible from mental illness, you can find a way to deal with it in some way. But you will never be cured. And Chester has proved that. The death of one of his best friends, Chris Cornell, has pushed him back to a dark place and possibly pushed him to this limit. Depression and mental health issues in general are just a huge *ss b*tch and it's something 'you get over with'.

I have been dealing with some myself and I can tell you that even when you think you dealt with it, it is basically something that can push you down any day.

During the last tour leg he did,, he went closer than ever to the fans. He hugged fans, went into the crowd etc. I gave him a hand, I even had a small moment when he was singing From The Inside and reached his hand to me, sadly no footage from that. But he was saying goodbye without us knowing. It feels bittersweet. The man who saved so many lives, couldn't save his own. His demons took the best of him
                                  This was lovely.

Comment

[youtube:2xa4qu8k]4BYMKCuuxDY[/youtube:2xa4qu8k]

The bells of the Domtoren in the Dutch city of Utrecht, played 'What I've Done' and 'Numb' in honour of Chester.
                                    Goosebumps.
                                    Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Linkin Park Bassist Pays Tribute to Chester Bennington, 'An Honest Musician and Loyal Friend'
                                      Whitney Houston

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin
                                        [youtube:1bvxc7xf]4BYMKCuuxDY[/youtube:1bvxc7xf]

The bells of the Domtoren in the Dutch city of Utrecht, played 'What I've Done' and 'Numb' in honour of Chester.
                                        Goosebumps.
                                        A friend of mine arranged that the day after this was played, there was a Chester memorial in Utrecht which was emotional but lovely.

Comment

^ Amazing.
                                          Did you attend?
                                          Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin
                                            ^ Amazing.
                                            Did you attend?
                                            Yes that was behind the Domtoren, we were with like 50+ people, it was amazing to meet so many Chester/LP fans

Comment

[youtube:lntjwj1l]I3Nl7y1vnnc[/youtube:lntjwj1l]
                                              Whitney Houston

Comment

[youtube:208uqtj9]A9uK8T49aLI[/youtube:208uqtj9]
                                                Whitney Houston

Comment

Originally posted by arab
                                                  I also think they will disband. Will probably release some GH collection/8th album compiled from leftovers (maybe even in Q4). Can't see them touring as a LP anymore tbh. Mike's voice is just too soft to handle Chester's songs. He could perform whole One More Light album + some other songs from the past where Chester doesn't scream.
                                                  I don't think anyone can sing in place of Chester, he was the heart of the band.

Comment

I have been a LP soldier for years, but the turn of events really have showed me how powerful the fanbase is. I have attened two memorials and met so many people, The fanbase really feels like a family in it's own right.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X