X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elton John

Couldn't find a topic in the index!!

Going to see him live tonight in Mannheim

Is he hated on here or what's going on ..?

Comment

I like a bit of Elton John.
      Too Much Music
      Too Much Music @Facebook
      Too Much Music @Twitter
      Scotland Social League

Comment

Elton John Announces Farewell Yellow Brick Road Retirement Tour
        Whitney Houston

Comment

Originally posted by MrDiva
          Is he hated on here or what's going on ..?
          A male artist can't be popular on UKMix, unless it is Justin Timberlake with a new album.
          Whitney Houston

Comment

Surprised he does this. I hope he can do it, so many shows.
            I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

[youtube:3c7lcuir]GRvHEJ72MeE[/youtube:3c7lcuir]
              Whitney Houston

Comment

Elton John Explains Why He Walked Off the Stage at Recent Vegas Show
                Whitney Houston

Comment

A friend asked us if we were interested to go to see Elton John on his last tour in June.
                  So we talked about it and as we like the hits, we thought it would be a good idea, as I think he will probably do the big hits as it is his final tour. So we said yes, and our friend was all happy, said he couldn't wait till June.

So this friend arranged the tickets and then I got my calendar to write it down and I noticed the date didn't exist.
                  He said it would be on Saturday 8 June. But my calendar said it would either be Friday 8 June or Saturday 9 June.
                  So we had another look and then we noticed it is not coming June, but June 2019...

Well, we've got something to look forward to.
                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

[tweet:3pm9eg4e]https://twitter.com/eltonofficial/status/973967002355167232[/tweet:3pm9eg4e]
                    Whitney Houston

Comment

Re: Elton John

I do like a lot of his music, have quite a few of his albums on vinyl up through 2001's Songs From The West Coast, but I always think of that performance he did with Gaga a few years ago of Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me where he sounded decrepit and his voice sounded weak. I suppose there'd be the great thing of seeing a living legend in concert but much like latter day Paul McCartney, his voice has deteriorated so badly that I dunno if it'd really be worth going to.

[youtube:1fv28vzu]pjTT-l_XHLI[/youtube:1fv28vzu]
                      My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

[tweet:4u0sxgue]https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/974273326377029632[/tweet:4u0sxgue]
                        Whitney Houston

Comment

Of course Ed Sheeran has recorded Candle In The Wind god I detest him.

I'm most interested to hear Mary J Blige do Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word and Alessia Cara's I Guess Thatís Why They Call It The Blues.

Here's the lead single - doesn't really do it for me.

[youtube:1m3ukbxm]z3xnWJGbx7o[/youtube:1m3ukbxm]

Comment

I'm looking forward to hearing Mona Lisas And Mad Hatters with The Killers.

Comment

Mary J. Blige recorded "Sorry Seems to Be The Hardest Word" in 2004, for the Bridget Jones Movie Soundtrack. Elton and Mary even performed it together in 2004. I wonder if it'll be the 2004 version?

Comment

Elton John Takes a Look Back at His Fashion History & Teases Farewell Tour Costumes
                                Whitney Houston

Comment

Originally posted by iNewYorker
                                  Mary J. Blige recorded "Sorry Seems to Be The Hardest Word" in 2004, for the Bridget Jones Movie Soundtrack. Elton and Mary even performed it together in 2004. I wonder if it'll be the 2004 version?
                                  I wondered the same, but it appears to be a new version. I prefer the 2004 version, the new one has a weird production.
                                  1 Harry Styles|2 Dua Lipa |3 Doja Cat |4 Elodie|5 Lizzo |

Comment

He played at the party after the royal wedding.
                                    I wished he would release his 1997 version of Candle In The Wind on Spotify.

Comment

For those interested, Elton is the subject of John Lewis' new Christmas advert (and it's amazing):

[youtube:2st9ufu4]mNbSgMEZ_Tw[/youtube:2st9ufu4]

Listening to his remastered hits collection now as the advert has triggered my evening with Elton's music, the man has an astonishing catalogue - the greatest British musician of all-time IMO.

Comment

^ Love it.

Comment

>>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

Record Store Day 2019. The annual event honoring independent, local record stores will be held on April 13th, 2019 around the globe.

Elton John’s 1979 performance in Moscow will be released for the first time in honor of its 40th anniversary. A double LP, Live From Moscow marks the first time a Western super star toured Russia.
                                            https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...re-day-801511/
                                            >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

Bennie and the Jets is one of his most underrated songs IMO - funny as I used to dislike it but love it these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                                Bennie and the Jets is one of his most underrated songs IMO - funny as I used to dislike it but love it these days.
                                                Underrated?;) It's the third most successful Elton's song. It's from his most iconic and successful album. It is streamed more than 70 million times on Spotify - his best result on the service.
                                                It was covered and sampled numerous times.

Comment

So Saturday I went to see him live in concert. The reviews here in the Netherlands were very positive.

The setlist:
                                                  01. Bennie and the Jets
                                                  02. All The Girls Love Alice
                                                  03. I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues
                                                  04. Border Song
                                                  05. Tiny Dancer
                                                  06. Philadelphia Freedom
                                                  07. Indian Sunset
                                                  08. Rocket Man
                                                  09. Take Me To The Pilot
                                                  10. Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
                                                  11. Someone Saved My Life Tonight
                                                  12. Levon
                                                  13. Candle In The Wind
                                                  14. Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding
                                                  15. Burn Down The Mission
                                                  16. Daniel
                                                  17. Believe
                                                  18. Sad Songs (Say So Much)
                                                  19. Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
                                                  20. The Bitch Is Back
                                                  21. I'm Still Standing
                                                  22. Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)
                                                  23. Your Song
                                                  24. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Comment

Working...
                                                  X