X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GetBack
    Originally posted by Controlfreak
    The Story of Girl Groups in 45 Songs

Have you reached out to Cardi B to do a song?

T-Boz: There’s been talk about us doing something together, yeah. You know how it is, the politics and people always getting in the way.

Chilli: We would definitely love to do something with her. I think it would make a lot of sense.
    Click the link to read the rest of their interview.
    That would be good, I hope they work with a female rapper!
    I’d prefer them to collaborate with someone from their time and era like Foxy Brown Queen Latifah, MC Lyte etc. I’m guessing Cardi wasn’t born or in diapers when they came out?
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Re: TLC

No

Cardi is fine

Only new artists i want to get them back to the charts

Or superstars like kylie...janet..mariah..
      YOU cant blame nobody but YOU

Comment

I really hope they come back and perform in an awards show the same way Salt-n-Pepa did this year at the Billboard Music Awards when they performed their hits! I hope we don't wait for the 30th anniversary of CrazySexyCool before it happens!

Comment

Originally posted by jochen
          No

Cardi is fine

Only new artists i want to get them back to the charts

Or superstars like kylie...janet..mariah..
          They will never peak again. Nit in the the way they were. Maybe create a little bit of hype with a major feature but I don’t think they’ll chart like a hot new artist like Cardi.
          | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Who’s waiting for the other single from TLC’s last album?

Comment

I was so disappointed with the roll out of their last album. There were no major appearances whatsoever! Even SWV, Xscape and Salt-n-Pepa beat them to tribute performances or appearances. :-? :-?

Comment

[tweet:3hpj5a2p]https://twitter.com/MSTheater/status/1030862139186130944[/tweet:3hpj5a2p]

Comment

Re: TLC

Their little documentary thing on Netflix was actually kinda cute.
                  Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

I was so disappointed with the roll out of their last album. There were no major appearances whatsoever! Even SWV, Xscape and Salt-n-Pepa beat them to tribute performances or appearances. :-? :-?
                    Yes
                    YOU cant blame nobody but YOU

Comment

Originally posted by jochen
                      Yes
                      Double yes

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Controlfreak View Post
                              Great read. Well I know which album I'll be spinning tomorrow!
                              I have received many gifts from God,
                              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

^Amazing interview

Comment

It was fun doing "Shout." The remixed version [which was never officially released] had Enrique Iglesias and Sheila E. on it. I was trying to have a little Latin feel to it -- because it was really kicking in at the time -- while still keeping it futuristic.
                                  What the hell. That's random! I'm guessing Shout was scheduled to be a single but was cancelled then. A shame.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I didn’t realise just how much thought went into the production of FanMail

Comment

Last edited by Controlfreak; Thu July 11th, 2019, 01:30.

Comment

Originally posted by hun View Post
                                            I didn’t realise just how much thought went into the production of FanMail
                                            It has not really aged that well tbh
                                            Forever Young

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                                                It has not really aged that well tbh
                                                Aged better than this post ever will.
                                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

I would have to disagree regarding Fanmail. I think the album has aged very well. It still sounds fresh to me.

Comment

Fanmail still sounds amazing. It aged better than The Writing's on the Wall.

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                                      Aged better than this post ever will.
                                                      I think i have only kept 50% of it on rotation but do not love it as much as I did back in the day.

The highlights are still classics though
                                                      Forever Young

Comment

I still can't believe Chilli and T'Boz (especially) never released solo albums. If En Vogue, SWV and Xscape who were less successful than them maanged to ahve members go solo and have studio albums, why didn't T'Boz and Chilli didn't do the same? T'Boz was an incredible songwriter, she could have had a moderately successful hit album.

Comment

Those group members’ solo projects were all flops as well. However, I think the TLC members would have fared better. T-Boz’s best timing was the break between CrazySexyCool and Fanmail. Chilli’s best timing was after the Fanmail era was over. However, they both completed plenty of material for their solo albums but never released it. They don’t (didn’t) have the right management and label to help them fly solo successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                                                            I still can't believe Chilli and T'Boz (especially) never released solo albums. If En Vogue, SWV and Xscape who were less successful than them maanged to ahve members go solo and have studio albums, why didn't T'Boz and Chilli didn't do the same? T'Boz was an incredible songwriter, she could have had a moderately successful hit album.
                                                            I think it falls back to talent. The TLC girls are gifted, but they need each other. The women of Xscape and Coko are outstanding vocalist.
                                                            Diva!!!

Comment

Lol [MENTION=18111]TIfan[/MENTION] It has nothing to do with talent. All 3 members of TLC can stand alone. Once again, Xscape members and Coko albums flopped big time. Talented or not, they don’t have the appeal to have success solo-wise. However, the members of TLC could have easily. For instance, T-Boz has so much style, such a naturally rhythmic dancer, beautiful and has a unique singing voice. Even tho Coko and the members of Xscape (not Kandi) may have “big” voices, they don’t have that appeal to the masses like the members of TLC (which is why TLC was way more successful than those “big” singing voices groups)

Comment

Working...
                                                              X