TLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by youngd View Post
    Lol [MENTION=18111]TIfan[/MENTION] It has nothing to do with talent. All 3 members of TLC can stand alone. Once again, Xscape members and Coko albums flopped big time. Talented or not, they don’t have the appeal to have success solo-wise. However, the members of TLC could have easily. For instance, T-Boz has so much style, such a naturally rhythmic dancer, beautiful and has a unique singing voice. Even tho Coko and the members of Xscape (not Kandi) may have “big” voices, they don’t have that appeal to the masses like the members of TLC (which is why TLC was way more successful than those “big” singing voices groups)
    I disagree with you. I think the members of TLC had such great chemistry, it would have been hard for people to see them go solo. Lisa had the creativity of having a successful solo project, but I don't think the other two would have made it if they tried. They would have had to compete with younger/pretty girls like Aaliyah, Mya, and a few others, and that would have not gone well.
    Diva!!!

Comment

I think timing has a lot to do with it. It's just weird that none of TLC members (apart from Left Eye) had at least an album or EP released. It's hard to dismiss Chilli or T'Boz as someone not being able to make it solo when they have the most memorable songs in the 1990s.

If we are to look at 1997-1999, can people say the same about Justin and Beyoncé? Both were pretty much doing what every boy band and girl group member were doing but the stars aligned for them in such a way that their launch to solo superstardom made it seem like they were totally new artists. Not to mention, they had the best teams/labels backing them up. Radio and MTV promoted them like crazy.

Comment

T-Boz released some solo singles but they all flopped. I don’t think Chili even tried, which is dumbfounding because No Scrubs proved there was a lot of potential there.
        Originally posted by beredy
        When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Am I remembering right that Left Eye once challenged T-Boz and Chili to each create a solo album and let the marketplace determine the winner?

Comment

Nah. I don't think solo was in their calling. I feel like aaliyah already had the spot T-Boz would've had.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronsmithjune1 View Post
              Nah. I don't think solo was in their calling. I feel like aaliyah already had the spot T-Boz would've had.
              But T-Boz and Aaliyah are nothing alike...?

Comment

Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                But T-Boz and Aaliyah are nothing alike...?
                Just feel like aaliyah already had the urban swagger audience that would've been her only market.

Comment

Many people underestimate TLC as solo members. Here is the 2019 Chilli, still one of the most talented dancers in the industry: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=agwOKKtv8fg

2019 TLC (co-headlines your w/Nelly; averages b/w 8 - 10,000 attendees per show): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zhY8M4opi0g

Comment

Didn't Chilli try with Akon and the album was shelved? I think there was a single called GameProof?

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                      T-Boz released some solo singles but they all flopped. I don’t think Chili even tried, which is dumbfounding because No Scrubs proved there was a lot of potential there.
                      there are leaked songs of tboz.. Actually label didnt support Lisa Lopez's solo effort "supernova"

https://youtu.be/GaZucE7VCxA

Comment

• Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                        Didn't Chilli try with Akon and the album was shelved? I think there was a single called GameProof?
                        Yeah and Straight Jack (which the instrumental ended up being used for Nicole Scherkdjla;dfjka;jfdal; - Whatever You Like), but they they never went through with the deal because she wasn't feeling the 360 thing. Probably being triggered from crazy contracts lol.

I think they all could've been cute solo...and probably would've ironically if Lisa didn't pass away.
                        Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• Lol T-Boz’s singles were not flops. Touch Myself peaked at #40 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #23 on the R/B and hip hop charts. Her other single My Getaway peaked at #31 on the U.S. Rhythmic top 40. Her single with the Da Brat was a Top 10 hit in the U.S. Lefteye’s Block Party was a Top 20 UK hit (#16) and Top 10 UK r/b hit (#4). Lisa’s features with Mel C and Donnel Jones were #1 smashes. Go TLC! Way more solo success than SWV, Xscape and En Vogue members.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
                            Yeah and Straight Jack (which the instrumental ended up being used for Nicole Scherkdjla;dfjka;jfdal; - Whatever You Like), but they they never went through with the deal because she wasn't feeling the 360 thing. Probably being triggered from crazy contracts lol.

I think they all could've been cute solo...and probably would've ironically if Lisa didn't pass away.
                            lol...OMG what did Nicole do to you? lol....I didn't know that about the instrumental....I was actually listening to that song the other day.

Comment

• Originally posted by youngd View Post
                              Many people underestimate TLC as solo members. Here is the 2019 Chilli, still one of the most talented dancers in the industry: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=agwOKKtv8fg

2019 TLC (co-headlines your w/Nelly; averages b/w 8 - 10,000 attendees per show): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zhY8M4opi0g
                              I watched them live here in Manila and they are still at the top of their game.

Chilli looked so good, those abs were on point! She was so entertaining.

Babyface, Diane Warren and Dallas Austin could have produced an album with Chilli. "I Miss You So Much" and "Come on Down" (songs where she was lead) could have been big hits.

Comment

• [MENTION=26522]GetBack[/MENTION] I totally agree! Also, I Miss You So Much should have been the 3rd single from Fanmail, since they wanted a ballad. I love Dear Lie’s empowering message, however, the Fanmail singles should have kept highlighting Chilli more. She shined on No Scrubs and Unpretty.

Comment

Working...
                                X