Ace Of Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ace Of Base

I've said it millions of times before in the last 2 years, but AoB are going to be back at some point this year... I'm trying to get in contact with ANYONE who likes them in the UK & Ireland - please email me bencook@softhome.net and visit the website - www.ace-of-base.co.uk

I like Ace Of Base. :grin:
    These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART

Comment

I like them as well they a good band with quality songs

Comment

It's an old topic but it's time to refresh it
        They are my favourite band and i've heard that they are going to release a new album this summer. If anyone has some infos about that please share it with us
        VOTE IN RETRO CHART!

Comment

i've heard that they are going to release a new album
          They are going to release a new album during July.
          The lead singer will be Linn again (finally! ), and the producers behind the hits
          Life is a flower and Don't turn around will be behind this new album production.
          There were also articles about Linn's comeback in Denmark and Sweden.
          I can't wait to hear their new material!

Comment

Awww, I remember Ace Of Base. They made pretty interesting-sounding pop music that's not all pop. I heard this comparison between them and ABBA way back: while ABBA was more really pop-oriented, Ace Of Base had this certain club feel, and I agree too. Their music was moodier pop music, and I liked the sophisticated behind it. Hopefully their new project(s) will match the greatness of their classic hits which were unique in their day.

Comment

Major bumpage I dunno why, but Ace Of Base are all I've been listening to the past week. I've always been a bit of a fan but now I've become obsessed! Their music is fantastic - especially the Flowers album and the singles from 'The Bridge' According to their official site they're back in the studio and a new album will be released around Spring 2008!
              So when I speak, listen

Comment

Blast from the past...! I just stumbled upon this topic and have dug up my Ace of Base CDs again. They've always delivered incredibly catchy tunes and their albums are really the kinds of CDs you can just put on and listen through without skipping any track (well, hardly anything).

My faves per album:

Happy nation
                'Young and proud', 'Waiting for magic', 'The sign'

The bridge
                'Lucky love', 'Ravine', 'My déja vu'

Flowers
                'Cruel summer', 'Always have, always will', 'Travel to Romantis', 'Tokyo girl', 'Captain Nemo' and especially 'Don't go away'

Singles of the 90s
                'Love in December'

Da Capo
                'Beautiful morning', 'Wonderful life'

Even their B-sides were good - Anyone ever heard 'Love for sale'? I think it was on the 'Always have, always will' single...
                Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks...?

Comment

Which one is Linn? I remember in the late 90's only the dark haired one seemed to do the singing, and the blond was alway blurry in the pictures! why???

Comment

Originally posted by bubblingtrue
                    Which one is Linn? I remember in the late 90's only the dark haired one seemed to do the singing, and the blond was alway blurry in the pictures! why???
                    Linn is the blonde one, from the Flowers era she wanted to have more of a backing role in the band, most people think it's because she didn't like the fame and she had strained her voice.

I heard Love For Sale yesterday, it's great Mercy Mercy is my favourite b-side though!
                    So when I speak, listen

Comment

Ace of Base is back again.

Current plans:
                      - World Tour 2008-2009
                      - new single: this summer
                      - new album: September

New pictures:

www.aceofbase.pl

Comment

What happened to the blonde girl?

Comment

Originally posted by mykka
                          She hasn't actually been in the limelight for years.
                          She refused to do interviews or pose for cameras and they made excuses for her all this time.
                          Think she had had enough last November and quit the band.
                          They're all siblings except one of the guys I think?

Comment

what is with the 'goth' pic?

Jenny looks like Cher.

Anyways excited about this, hope the single is early summer though. Shame the tour wont be likely to be until later in the year. I'd like to see them.
                            Johnny wanted cream buns for his birthday tea...

Comment

Aww Jenny looks a bit "wrong", she was gorgeous when they did the "Flowers" album.

The guy on the left NEVER ages, botox maybe?! Love the fat beardy one too.

Plym's right, I think Linn is a recluse these days - she hated the fame, they blurred her in photos and videos and hasn't done an interview in ten years! Considering she was the lead singer at the beginning it's weird.

Just look at the album cover, she's all sad and "ghostly" in the background

THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

Ace of Base has new official website now:

http://www.aceofbase.com

New album will be relase in autumn and it will contain 7 new songs and 7 remakes of their best hits. All songs will be in new and modern electro-pop style.
                                www.aceofbase.pl

Comment

Originally posted by aob80
                                  Ace of Base has new official website now:

http://www.aceofbase.com

New album will be relase in autumn and it will contain 7 new songs and 7 remakes of their best hits. All songs will be in new and modern electro-pop style.
                                  Good lookin' website! But a new album with 'only' 7 songs??? Why's that?? Their last album is from 2002... After all those years of waiting, we get 7 new songs???

Comment

7 remakes are also kind of new songs: it will be recorded in new music style (electro-pop), with new vocals, etc.

You can listen concert version of new Wheel Of Fortune here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsmLkPuOT1U
                                    www.aceofbase.pl

Comment

Originally posted by aob80
                                      Ace of Base is back again.

Current plans:
                                      - World Tour 2008-2009
                                      - new single: this summer
                                      - new album: September

New pictures:

Love those new pictures!

Comment

Where's the blonde chick? Or was it Abba? I'm not qite sure.
                                        In a heart full of dust
                                        Lives a creature called lust

Comment

Originally posted by Plym
                                          Originally posted by mykka
                                          She hasn't actually been in the limelight for years.
                                          She refused to do interviews or pose for cameras and they made excuses for her all this time.
                                          Think she had had enough last November and quit the band.
                                          They're all siblings except one of the guys I think?

Comment

Thanks, Plym

In a heart full of dust
                                            Lives a creature called lust

Comment

Ace of Base is back! They released some months ago their new album 'The Golden Ratio'.
                                              http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... ce+of+base

Also they gave their fans last Thursday 5 unreleased songs for FREE. Every week they will give unreleased songs! Check out www.facebook.com/aceofbase

Last Thursday they published:
                                              >> Moment Of Magic
                                              >> Girl In The Line
                                              >> Would You Believe
                                              >> Come To Me (Instrumental)
                                              >> Love In December (alternative version)
                                              www.aceofbase.pl

Comment

Yes, but Jenny has quit the band, no?

I was a huge fan of AoB in the nineties, but without Linn and Jenny it's just not the same and I'm not really interested. Don't even know the name of the new chicks.

Comment

Guys... do you remember a few yrs ago a choppy and relatively lifeless demo of Ace of base's All that she wants sang by Britney was leaked to the net?!

Guess what?! I just found out 3 months ago another demo version now coupled with ace of base's new vocals and punchy instrumentals along with Brit vocals has been available as a leak over youtube! & Boy! Whatta fantastic thing it has turned out! I wished it would have been released somehow... stunning! The new vocals and arrangements have turned this epic song into a modernized monster hit! This one could have conquered European radio rotations as easy as A B C !
                                                  Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

The Ghey is ICONIK
                                                    Originally posted by beredy
                                                    When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

26 years later - they are still my favourite band of the 90s!
                                                      Here's a recap of their golden era from 1992 till 2002:

You Love The 90's Dance Era?
                                                      http://www.1.fm/station/partyzone90s

Comment

[MENTION=50446]Ohanna[/MENTION]: great video, I watched it yesterday on your YouTube channel.
                                                        My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

I have been listening to their albums lately. They were a big part of my life in the 90's!

Comment

meow.. I want to hear unreleased material from her. Even inorganic aob's songs were good in 2010 ..

Comment

Working...
                                                            X