Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LittleLinda
    replied
    Wow... I'm tempted to get this, I was a HUGE fan in the nineties. Feeling nostalgic just looking at this.

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    Wow..but what I don't get is how on earth do they get acts such as David Morales, Todd Terry, Junior Vasquez, and Frankie Knuckles to remix for them and never release it

Leave a comment:

• Jonathan
    replied
    30th anniversary 11CD+DVD box set

Following the announcement of the coloured vinyl box set, Demon Music will release an Ace of Base 30th anniversary CD box set. The set is called All That She Wants: The Classic Collection and features 11 CDs with all four albums and an unfeasibly large amount of bonus material, as well as a DVD with promo videos.

The albums in question are Happy Nation (1993), The Bridge (1995), Flowers (1998) and Da Capo (2002). In this set, the first two are expanded to two-CDs, while Flowers is a three-CD set, and Da Capo is a single disc with nine bonus tracks appended. The extra material includes classic and previously unreleased remixes from such big name remixes such as David Morales, Todd Terry, Junior Vasquez, and Frankie Knuckles.

But as if that is not enough, there is a further three bonus CDs including two discs of Hidden Gems and a CD called Edge of Heaven which features previously unavailable versions of the shelved 1996 single, plus a selection of new and revisited mixes including ‘Always Have, Always Will’, remixed for the very first time by Matt pop. This disc also features a live recording of Jonas, Jenny, Linn and Ulf’s first-ever performance together in their hometown of Gothenburg in August 1990.

The DVD (NTSC, region-free) contains all the group’s original promo videos plus an additional 10 bonus videos of alternates.

All That She Wants features dozens of new-to-CD tracks and nearly 20 audio tracks completely previously unreleased. In total there’s 195 audio tracks as well as the videos.

The presentation is similar to the M People box. Small lift-off lid box containing albums card wallets (Happy Nation, The Bridge, Flowers and Hidden Gems are gatefolds). This also comes with a 52-page booklet with sleeve notes, photos, lyrics and an illustrated discography.

All That She Wants: The Classic Collection will be released on 26 June 2020, via Edsel.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0886YXQ...ogi&th=1&psc=1

https://www.thesdeshop.com/products/...n-11cd-dvd-box

Leave a comment:

• Jonathan
    replied
    New release for Record Store Day 2020 (April 18).

https://recordstoreday.co.uk/release...0/ace-of-base/

Ace Of Base - The Sign

Format:
    7" picture disc

Label:
    !K7 Records

More Info:
    "The Sign"is a song by the Swedish band Ace of Base, which was released on 29 October 1993 in Europe. It was an international hit, reaching number two in the United Kingdom and spending six non-consecutive weeks at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States. More prominently, it became the top song on Billboard's 1994 Year End Chart. It appeared on the band's album Happy Nation (titled The Sign in North America). This exclusive Record Store Day version is pressed on 7"" picture disc."

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    They are stunning

Leave a comment:

• AndiIversen
    replied
    I remember when Happy Nation was called The Sign in America

Leave a comment:

• Jonathan
    replied
    Mega selling Swedish pop group Ace of Base‘s first four studio albums are reissued in a new coloured vinyl box set called All That She Wants: The Classic Albums.

The albums in question are Happy Nation (from 1993 – later reissued as The Sign), The Bridge (1995), Flowers (1998) and Da Capo (2002). These are pressed on 180g coloured vinyl; green, red, blue and yellow, respectively.

The records all feature original artwork and printed inner sleeves and are housed in a rigid board outer slip case. This box marks the vinyl debut of Da Capo.

Ace Of Base’s debut has sold more than 20m copies worldwide and features the international number one ‘All That She Wants’ as well as ‘The Sign’. The group’s success inevitably tailed off with each subsequent long-player, but they still enjoyed six further UK top 40 hits from the other three albums gathered within this new box.

All That She Wants: The Classic Albums will be released on 3 April 2020, via Demon Records.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B084THSB...ogi&th=1&psc=1

LP 1 – Happy Nation
    1. All That She Wants
    2. Don’t Turn Around
    3. Young And Proud
    4. The Sign
    5. Living in Danger
    6. Voulez-Vous Danser
    7. Happy Nation
    8. Hear Me Calling
    9. Waiting For Magic [Total Remix 7″]
    10. Fashion Party
    11. Wheel of Fortune
    12. Dancer In A Daydream
    13. My Mind [Mindless Mix]
    14. All That She Wants [Bhangra version]

LP 2 – The Bridge
    1. Beautiful Life
    2. Never Gonna Say I’m Sorry
    3. Lucky Love
    4. Edge Of Heaven
    5. Strange Ways
    6. Ravine
    7. Perfect World
    8. Angel Eyes
    9. Whispers In Blindness
    10. My Déjà Vu
    11. Wave Wet Sand
    12. Que Sera
    13. Just ‘N’ Image
    14. Experience Pearls
    15. Blooming 18

LP 3 – Flowers
    1. Life Is A Flower
    2. Always Have, Always Will
    3. Cruel Summer
    4. Travel To Romantis
    5. Adventures In Paradise
    6. Dr. Sun
    7. Cecilia
    8. He Decides
    9. I Pray
    10. Tokyo Girl
    11. Don’t Go Away
    12. Captain Nemo
    13. Donnie
    14. Everytime It Rains

LP 4 – Da Capo
    1. Unspeakable
    2. Beautiful Morning
    3. Remember The Words
    4. Da Capo
    5. World Down Under
    6. Ordinary Day
    7. Wonderful Life
    8. Show Me Love
    9. What’s The Name Of The Game
    10. Change With The Light
    11. Hey Darling
    12. The Juvenile

Leave a comment:

• dylonj
    replied
    oh! I never knew Don't Turn Around was a cover of a Tina Turner song. I only found out this week.

Leave a comment:

• gorgonzola
    replied
    meow.. I want to hear unreleased material from her. Even inorganic aob's songs were good in 2010 ..

Leave a comment:

• dylonj
    replied
    I have been listening to their albums lately. They were a big part of my life in the 90's!

Leave a comment:

• Benny
    replied
    [MENTION=50446]Ohanna[/MENTION]: great video, I watched it yesterday on your YouTube channel.

Leave a comment:

• Ohanna
    replied
    26 years later - they are still my favourite band of the 90s!
    Here's a recap of their golden era from 1992 till 2002:

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    The Ghey is ICONIK

Leave a comment:

• oaknuys
    replied
    Guys... do you remember a few yrs ago a choppy and relatively lifeless demo of Ace of base's All that she wants sang by Britney was leaked to the net?!

Guess what?! I just found out 3 months ago another demo version now coupled with ace of base's new vocals and punchy instrumentals along with Brit vocals has been available as a leak over youtube! & Boy! Whatta fantastic thing it has turned out! I wished it would have been released somehow... stunning! The new vocals and arrangements have turned this epic song into a modernized monster hit! This one could have conquered European radio rotations as easy as A B C !

Leave a comment:

• LittleLinda
    replied
    Yes, but Jenny has quit the band, no?

I was a huge fan of AoB in the nineties, but without Linn and Jenny it's just not the same and I'm not really interested. Don't even know the name of the new chicks.

Leave a comment:

• aob80
    replied
    Ace of Base is back! They released some months ago their new album 'The Golden Ratio'.
    http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... ce+of+base

Also they gave their fans last Thursday 5 unreleased songs for FREE. Every week they will give unreleased songs! Check out www.facebook.com/aceofbase

Last Thursday they published:
    >> Moment Of Magic
    >> Girl In The Line
    >> Would You Believe
    >> Come To Me (Instrumental)
    >> Love In December (alternative version)

Leave a comment:

• revolta
    replied
    Thanks, Plym

Leave a comment:

• Plym
    replied
    Originally posted by Plym
    Originally posted by mykka
    What happened to the blonde girl?
    She hasn't actually been in the limelight for years.
    She refused to do interviews or pose for cameras and they made excuses for her all this time.
    Think she had had enough last November and quit the band.
    They're all siblings except one of the guys I think?

Leave a comment:

• revolta
    replied
    Where's the blonde chick? Or was it Abba? I'm not qite sure.

Leave a comment:

• StefanK
    replied
    Originally posted by aob80
    Ace of Base is back again.

Current plans:
    - World Tour 2008-2009
    - new single: this summer
    - new album: September

New pictures:

Love those new pictures!

Leave a comment:

• aob80
    replied
    7 remakes are also kind of new songs: it will be recorded in new music style (electro-pop), with new vocals, etc.

You can listen concert version of new Wheel Of Fortune here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsmLkPuOT1U

Leave a comment:

• StefanK
    replied
    Originally posted by aob80
    Ace of Base has new official website now:

http://www.aceofbase.com

New album will be relase in autumn and it will contain 7 new songs and 7 remakes of their best hits. All songs will be in new and modern electro-pop style.
    Good lookin' website! But a new album with 'only' 7 songs??? Why's that?? Their last album is from 2002... After all those years of waiting, we get 7 new songs???

Leave a comment:

• aob80
    replied
    Ace of Base has new official website now:

http://www.aceofbase.com

New album will be relase in autumn and it will contain 7 new songs and 7 remakes of their best hits. All songs will be in new and modern electro-pop style.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Aww Jenny looks a bit "wrong", she was gorgeous when they did the "Flowers" album.

The guy on the left NEVER ages, botox maybe?! Love the fat beardy one too.

Plym's right, I think Linn is a recluse these days - she hated the fame, they blurred her in photos and videos and hasn't done an interview in ten years! Considering she was the lead singer at the beginning it's weird.

Just look at the album cover, she's all sad and "ghostly" in the background

Leave a comment:

• Skelofect
    replied
    what is with the 'goth' pic?

Jenny looks like Cher.

Anyways excited about this, hope the single is early summer though. Shame the tour wont be likely to be until later in the year. I'd like to see them.

Leave a comment:

• Plym
    replied
    Originally posted by mykka
    She hasn't actually been in the limelight for years.
    She refused to do interviews or pose for cameras and they made excuses for her all this time.
    Think she had had enough last November and quit the band.
    They're all siblings except one of the guys I think?

Leave a comment:

• mykka
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aob80
    replied
    Ace of Base is back again.

Current plans:
    - World Tour 2008-2009
    - new single: this summer
    - new album: September

New pictures:

Leave a comment:

• martinp
    replied
    Originally posted by bubblingtrue
    Which one is Linn? I remember in the late 90's only the dark haired one seemed to do the singing, and the blond was alway blurry in the pictures! why???
    Linn is the blonde one, from the Flowers era she wanted to have more of a backing role in the band, most people think it's because she didn't like the fame and she had strained her voice.

I heard Love For Sale yesterday, it's great Mercy Mercy is my favourite b-side though!

Leave a comment:

• bubblingtrue
    replied
    Which one is Linn? I remember in the late 90's only the dark haired one seemed to do the singing, and the blond was alway blurry in the pictures! why???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X