Hilary Duff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilary Duff

Hilary Duff Talks New LP, Depeche Mode Backstage At 'Total Finale Live'Former Disney star says she'll be working on new, edgier LP next month.

By Jocelyn Vena

Hilary Duff was just 2 years old when Depeche Mode's "Personal Jesus" was released, but that didn't stop her from building a new song of her own "Reach Out" around it. The song is featured on her greatest-hits LP, Best of Hilary Duff, which hit stores last week.

"'Reach Out' is a sample of a Depeche Mode song, 'Personal Jesus,' " she told MTV News at the "Total Finale Live" on Sunday (November 16). "It's different for me. It's a little dancey, and there's a rapper named Prophet who's on it who's really cool and kinda fresh."

In addition to "Reach Out," Duff has another new song on the album, called "Holiday," which found her working with OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder. She describes the song as "a really personal [one]."

Duff isn't just giving her fans her greatest hits soon the singer/actress will be back in the studio recording new material. "I'm going to start working on a new album in two weeks," she said.

These days, even with a NBC development deal in the works that will bring the singer back to the small screen, she's spending her days "hard-core writing and figuring out what direction to go in."

And the former Disney star said she's looking to go edgier than the music she's done in the past. But she can't help but embrace her feminine side.

"I like so many different kinds of music," she said. "Something poppy and catchy I'm girly but I think I'm kind of tough, so maybe a little rock influence."

Head over to the Buzzworthy blog for more behind-the-scenes reports, and don't miss Jim Cantiello's live blog of the show over on the Newsroom blog!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/159945 ... lary.jhtml
    They call it the Church of Hot Addiction

Can't wait
    Hilary never dissapoints with her albums IMO.

Comment

Yeah her albums are supprisingly good. She should do a dirty version of Reach Out, Reach out and f*** meeee!

To let everyone know shes grown up.
      Originally posted by Thriller
      Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

Comment

Originally posted by kushi
        Yeah her albums are supprisingly good. She should do a dirty version of Reach Out, Reach out and f*** meeee!

To let everyone know shes grown up.

Hilary's Erotica album, perhaps?

Dignity has a great step in the right direction, IMO..."Stranger", "With Love", "Gypsy Woman", "Never Stop", "Outside Of You"...I'd love to hear more adult dance/club-oriented stuff!
        last.fm

Comment

Dignity 2.0 please!

Comment

i think her new album will be like Britney's transition from "Baby One More Time" To "Britney' or "In the Zone" More edgier and adult music.

Comment

Originally posted by Tripped
              Dignity 2.0 please!
              I agree.
              Dignity was amazing.
              You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.

Comment

DIGNITY never dissapointed me, and IMO is her best record, and one of the best pop records of 2007, it was great... so underrated :( I wish Hil goes that way

Comment

She should continue branching out on this album. Im still waiting for that rumoured Timbaland collboaration

Comment

Can't wait Dignity was such a good album, I can't believe it did that bad. I own all her albums and Dignity is her best by far.
                    i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

xisting.
                      Originally posted by Thriller
                      Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

Comment

Can't wait for this, Dignity was brilliant and I'm loving Reach Out
                        So when I speak, listen

Comment

Reach Out UK Release
                          Hilary Duff
                          Reach Out
                          Release date: 19/01/2009

Hilary Duff's latest single "Reach Out," is a hip-hop flavored rocker combining Hilary's edgy vocals paired with guest rapper, Prophet, and a sample from the 1989 Depeche Mode classic "Personal Jesus."

Reach Out cleary points to Hilary's bold new direction, and is one of two new tracks featured on the forthcoming Best Of Hilary Duff collection (out 26.01.09). The track has a video to accompany it and is already had over 2 million hits on YouTube .

The 'Reach Out' Remix comes courtesy of Richard Vission and has been a huge hit in North America, peaking at #1 on the U.S. club charts.

Track listing:

1. Reach Out
                          2. Richard Vission Remix

Comment

It's brilliant to see she's inked a new deal already.

Comment

WOW! I wasn't expecting an international release at all!
                              Personal Chart Playlist

Comment

For a charity campaign...

Comment

reach out just sucks real big...... oh gosh how bad that song is

Comment

Originally posted by Kare
                                    I do kind of agree. After Dignity it's a big disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by alxx
                                      Also agree. It's not awful awful, but Dignity was such a strong album, and well Jamelia used this sample a LOT better!

Comment

Originally posted by alxx
                                        I couldn't get into it because of Beware of the dog..

but holiday in the other hand... amazing!!!
                                        I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her \_(?)_/

Comment

How could she be releasing a new album when she hasn't done well at all lately? I liked her with her first 2 albums, but now she just doesn't sell...

Comment

Can't wait, I love all her albums, More songs like the amazing Holiday please

Comment

Good, Dignity was a beautiful album.

Comment

Hilary is the Best! And this new album is gonna be better than ever! I love her so much, and no matter what anyone says, this IS gonna be her comeback, so watch out!

Comment

Reach Out was a pretty nice song, but probabaly one of my least favourite Hilary singles.
                                                  i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

Working...
                                                  X