Aaliyah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13yrs on and she is not forgotten
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• RIP :((
      Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by preyan
        13yrs on and she is not forgotten
        Definitely not ! I really miss her.

Comment

• RIP Babygirl.

I still want some unreleased material. idc idc idc...
          Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• No way can Aaliyah be forgotten. RIP can't believe it's been 13 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1
              RIP Babygirl.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest
                Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                RIP Babygirl.

Comment

• Gone too soon
                  The winds might blow through me
                  But I don't care

Comment

• I miss her a lot... her soft, gentle voice, her beautiful smile, her smooth dancing. She was one of those rare people that I could never, ever imagine yelling or talking ill about anybody. Just a gentle soul. Love ya, Babygirl! You will always have a place in my heart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hermes
                      Originally posted by preyan
                      13yrs on and she is not forgotten
                      Definitely not ! I really miss her.
                      Such an impact in a relatively short amount of time, still resonating today

http://www.mtv.com/news/1911333/aali...years-rip-vma/

Comment

• issing my girl. Her first two albums were so unique and incredible. "Street Thing" is such a damn classic. R.Kelly really did good with her first album. Tim and Missy changed the game with "One in a Million.... I liked that she was signed to her uncle's label but they did not do her right when it came to shipments. Many of her singles were radio released only which di not do her any good in the 90s when single sales were needed to chart. Also her album shipments were not that good. I remember having to order her albums because I could never find them in stores.

My Fav Non Singles from her:
                        Young Nation
                        Never Giving Up
                        Choosey Lover
                        I Can Be
                        Its Whatever
                        Street Thing
                        What If
                        Diva!!!

Comment

• Her impact on R&B music is just unbelievable.

"One In A Million" still sounds hella fresh today!

Comment

• I still want some unreleased material. Idc how un-ethical some think it is.

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                              I still want some unreleased material. Idc how un-ethical some think it is.
                              Same here. I'll wait for the day her family will be finally open to that idea.
                              DISCOGS | LAST.FM | INSTAGRAM

Comment

• That trailer looks a hot f**king mess. Makes Aaliyah seem like a bitch.
                                Diva!!!

Comment

• And they played other artist's track.

OT but listening to her debut album and I must say it's a pretty solid album for someone who released it on their teenage year. Wish they included The Thing I Like on the US edition of the album. The song is fiyah!

Comment

• Her debut was incredible. Young Nation and Street thing are classics.
                                    Diva!!!

Comment

• Street Thing is a gem! Her vocals on that song proved she can sing.

Comment

• Originally posted by musiclover2174
                                        Street Thing is a gem! Her vocals on that song proved she can sing.
                                        I don't think anyone has debated this, but her vocals are really strong on it.

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo8JIdc0jH0

^^ Her national anthem was incredible. Vocals were powerful.

Its so freakin sad at how obsessed I was with her than my world changed on 25AUG2001. I had her pictures all on my wall
                                          Diva!!!

Comment

• She truly has a great voice. IMO, her best songs vocally are The One I Gave My Heart To, I Care 4 U, and Street Thing.

Comment

• Wendy Williams has no damn shame. The Aaliyah movie was a trainwreck. She just wanted to be messy about Aaliyah's relationship with R. Kelly.

Comment

• The movie was a hot mess. OMG what a joke. Im glad they have this documentary. The actress was horrible at the singing and acting.
                                                Diva!!!

Comment

• The movie was ASS.

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• Saw the trailer and couldn't get pass the 1 minute mark!
                                                    Just from the trailer alone, it looked horrible. And that girl looks NOTHING like Aaliyah! We're they that desperate!
                                                    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Messy movie. I don't know whether to laugh or be upset. :evil:
                                                      The winds might blow through me
                                                      But I don't care

Comment

• Lifetime
                                                        Wendy Williams

What did you all expect?
                                                        I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

Comment

• The girl looks like Aaliyah in still photos, but not much in the trailer. I mean she's pretty but she doesn't remind me of Aaliyah. The guy who plays R.Kelly does come closer to the real thing.

As for the movie, I ain't watching not because of Wendy (I love her) but because I saw the TLC lifetime biopic and I didn't like it at all so I was not expecting much from this one either. I mean the scenes shown in the Wendy show makes it look like any other teen drama of underage girls falling in love with much older adult men so there was nothing there to attract my curiosity really.

Plus am I the only one annoyed that Beyonce's name has to be dragged everywhere? I mean I get the purpose of proclaiming "Before Beyonce, before Rihanna, there was Aaliyah" but as a 90s R&B freak, it just annoys me.

Oh well...
                                                          jio CHARTS NOW:13/7/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...0#post10430510

Comment

• For the dutch fans: http://intosoul.nl/aaliyah-top-tien/

Comment

• I can't believe they made a movie, there wasn't really that much controversy in her life (apart from the R. Kelly marriage) to make it a "good" movie to watch. At least with the TLC movie, we got a full picture on what they were facing at the height of their success (that we don't know of).

Comment

Working...
                                                              X