No announcement yet.

Aaliyah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not saying she would carry these songs. But I think they’d be put in comparison. “Who’s the best R&B diva” etc kind of thing.

Comment

• Matthew was going to make sure his daughter became a star. Bey's style also very different than Aaliyah.

Aaliyah was the edgy Black girl who was influential in hair, make-up, and fashion.... in other words, I think it would have been a struggle more for Rihanna due to similar styles. Just my opinion.
      Diva!!!

Comment

• Yeah that makes sense too!

Comment

• TBH Rnb diva title is one of the few titles that ... women do not get pitted against each other as much.

There are comparisons but all divas tend to survive it all compared to rap
          Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
            I still ask myself if there’d be a Beyonce as there is one nowadays if she was still alive.
            I just had to
            | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Random but I cannot believe she is still gone. I’m watching her interviews and thinking this could be something from recent years.
              | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
                Random but I cannot believe she is still gone. I’m watching her interviews and thinking this could be something from recent years.
                That goes for a lot of her songs, too, imo. She really was ahead of her time. Damn, I miss her.

Comment

• I used to secretly imagine her and I would meet and fall madly in love. Her death was pretty devastating to me, but it's been validating to see her influence. She had a very solid sense of her sound and her style, both of which would have continued to evolve had she lived. Her biggest eras were ahead her
                  The sands of time fade into dark
                  Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                  A message to madness
                  Feel music that's realness

Comment

• I think you're all overestimating her potential to become huge post 2001. She would absolutely have had a killer era in 2005/6 when Timbaland became huge there is no doubt about that, but I feel she would've got heavily into movies and music would've become less of a focus for her later on. We'd still have Bey, Rihanna etc all exactly as they are now.

Additionally it's not as if all her albums were #1 smashes and she had a constant stream of top 10 singles. Her chart record was sporadic at best.

She was greatly talented and I love One In A Million, Aaliyah & I Care 4 U albums.
                    Last edited by shinydiscopaul; Wed July 10th, 2019, 11:28.
                    thank u, next

Comment

• Based on similar artists that started out with her, she would have faded out towards the end of last century. But it is fine because all of their music lives on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
                        Based on similar artists that started out with her, she would have faded out towards the end of last century. But it is fine because all of their music lives on.
                        Amen but she probably would have Jlo stuck around tho
                        Forever Young

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• rip baby gurl
                            Forever Young

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• WTAFFFFF. I assume it’s something make up related

Comment

• weird how she doesn't have an album out post death yet.

well minus that one album which she knew was coming out anyways
                                  Forever Young

Comment

• I can’t believe this...I thought they’d finally re-release her albums ugh
                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                                      weird how she doesn't have an album out post death yet.

well minus that one album which she knew was coming out anyways
                                      I Care 4 U and Ultimate Aaliyah were posthumous albums.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                                        I Care 4 U and Ultimate Aaliyah were posthumous albums.
                                        Not to get technical but those were compilations with one or two extra new tracks. He means studio album (I think).

Comment

• Listening to the Aaliyah album right now....

I swear it is one of the greatest albums ever!!!
                                          Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                                            Listening to the Aaliyah album right now....

I swear it is one of the greatest albums ever!!!
                                            Sooooo good! Such lush production and smooth vocals; I have no doubt she would have continued to move her sound forward
                                            The sands of time fade into dark
                                            Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                                            A message to madness
                                            Feel music that's realness

Comment

• It’s amazing how relevant the production is after 18yrs. Actually even futuristic for 2019. That album was way ahead of its time.
                                              Music and production these days are just rubbish.

Comment

• | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• It would only be interesting if that Aaliyah App had her complete music catalog.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X