Janet Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MonaBlissa
    And speaking of VR, why do people think Rihanna could pull off What About, or that it could have been a track on her Rated R cd?
    Rated R was great but it was way too contrived to be up in the ranks of The Velvet Rope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawlu84
      Originally posted by Kaloki
      Originally posted by madfan22
      IMO Velvet Rope is one of the greatest albums of all time ! A masterpiece....
      As I was too young back then I just fully discoered the album almost 10 years after its release but I instantly fell in love with it!
      The only reference I had from it was Together Again and, surely, once you give the album a full listen , you find out it´s way deeper than that !
      Agrees!

I only started listening to Janet's music (by accident) a few days ago, and it might sound a bit crazy, but Velvet Rope is already one of my favourite albums of all time! Apart from "Everytime" I genuinely think every song is awesome.

"Rope Burn" especially has really grown on me today. That song is just PURE SEX!! It's a good thing Janet sings so soft and my mum is half deaf otherwise I think my mum would be having words with me about playing those lyrics on the speakers

Everytime is lovely

P.s don't listen to Throb load.
      @ Kaloki :
      anyway, I think we had the same feeling and it´s not weird at all . Once I listened to the album , it quickly became one of my favorite of all time , as I said.
      @Pawlu : You´re absolutely right on your advice or should I say warning ?
      Words are useless, especially sentences
      They don't stand for anything
      How could they explain how I feel ?

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
        Heavenli from the 'Honeyz'
        I never heard of her before :(

Comment

• Originally posted by MonaBlissa
          Originally posted by biscuits
          I think 'Control' is really easy to get into, mainly because almost all the songs were singles.
          Yes. I used to think RN was an improvement of Control, but I have to rethink that.
          IMO you don´t have to rethink anything...
          I share your opinion, RN is an improvement over Control .
          But don´t get me wrong, I think Control is an awesome album , especially for someone as young as Janet was back then

Comment

• @GetBack: I love your avi! Doesn´t Really Matter is one of my favorite Janet songs ! And the video >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

--

Sorry for overposting on this thread !

Comment

• Originally posted by madfan22
              @GetBack: I love your avi! Doesn´t Really Matter is one of my favorite Janet songs ! And the video >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

--

Sorry for overposting on this thread !
              It's alright, Janet fans are welcome to 'spam' this thread!

Comment

'Every Time' is really nice too. Just give it time. There is so much emotion and sincerity in the lyrics and Janet's voice.

Every Time Video
                That song was a huge hit here in the Philippines!

Actually, if I were to enumerate Janet's biggest hits here, it would be the following:

1. "Again"
                2. "Together Again"
                3. "Let's Wait Awhile"
                4. "Every Time"
                5. "Scream"
                6. "Someone to Call My Lover"
                7. "Whoops Now"
                8. "All for You"
                9. "Escapade"
                10. "Rhythm Nation"

Comment

• Janet (the album) isn't on UK iTunes?!?! :x

Tbh I still only like a few songs from the album, but they are all songs I'm desperate to get - "Thats the Way Love Goes", "If", and "Anytime Anyplace" in particular as they're just stupidly good!

Comment

• It's crazy Janet has never had a UK #1 single. I couldn't believe it when I found that out. I for sure thought "What Have You Done For Me Lately?", "That's The Way Love Goes", "Together Again" or "All For You" would have got her a #1!
                    Beyoncé. Mariah. Mary. Janet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki
                      Janet (the album) isn't on UK iTunes?!?! :x

Tbh I still only like a few songs from the album, but they are all songs I'm desperate to get - "Thats the Way Love Goes", "If", and "Anytime Anyplace" in particular as they're just stupidly good!

Can't you get those from The Best?

Comment

• Its her biggest album in UK, I don't understand why it isn't on iTunes. She is slowly moving away from the industry it seems like.
                        Diva!!!

Comment

• Maybe her Greatest Hits (#1s) was the last thing she ever wanted to put out.
                          Tobby Mottola

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
                            Its her biggest album in UK, I don't understand why it isn't on iTunes. She is slowly moving away from the industry it seems like.
                            She does absolutely atrociously on iTunes - out of every big name female you can think of, she's bottom of the league tables. Its quite startling actually!

So this could be a reason why she doesn't do so well - if some of her catalog isn't available...

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                              Originally posted by TIfan
                              Its her biggest album in UK, I don't understand why it isn't on iTunes. She is slowly moving away from the industry it seems like.
                              She does absolutely atrociously on iTunes - out of every big name female you can think of, she's bottom of the league tables. Its quite startling actually!

So this could be a reason why she doesn't do so well - if some of her catalog isn't available...
                              Worst than Toni?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne
                                Originally posted by TIfan

Worst than Toni?
                                Yes, worse than Toni!

If you were to use the Kworb website - which measures global iTunes performance - Janet isn't present in the top 3,000 artists worldwide. Toni is #966, charting songs in 14 countries...

Comment

• She needs to release a DVD... Show us these moves. I do hope she releases again. I just know she got some more greats up her sleeves.
                                  Diva!!!

Comment

• 'The Best' is almost always present in the Top 200 R&B albums though.

Comment

It has the R. Kelly remix of 'Any Time Any Place'. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlu84

It has the R. Kelly remix of 'Any Time Any Place'. :(

I know but I Always hear people how much they prefer the remix to the orginal, not in my case.

Comment

Please click here for instructions on how to vote - you MUST use the voting format in that post, or your votes will be rejected! 2012's winner was Beyonce, 2011's winner was Mariah Carey and 2009's winner was Christina Aguilera.

Who will win 2013? YOU decide!

Comment

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANET JACKSON

Happy Birthday to the most talented woman on the planet.

Comment

• Happy birthday to the greatest female artist ever.
                                              >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

• Happy Birthday Mama JJ.

I really do she makes a return to music.
                                                Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• Happy Birthday to The Queen of Pop!
                                                  DEBBIE GIBSON 2020

Comment

• Happy B-Day Queen!!!!
                                                    Every now and then I drown in thoughts of yesterday. And the fools' paradise that you blew away

Comment

• Happy Birthday Janet!!! Listening to "The Velvet Rope" now in her honour.

Comment

• Happy Bday to The Queen of Dance
                                                        Diva!!!

Comment

• Happy birthday to my first love! I love u Miss Janet!

Comment

• what is janet doing in the moment? working on new music?

where is she?
                                                            YOU cant blame nobody but YOU

Comment

• Nobody knows! She's being a typical Jackson (apart from LaToya) and is being all distant and secretive. I highly doubt she's working on new music - in fact I'm starting to question whether she'll release new music at all. She seems very content being a wife, she has money and has had all the success anyone could imagine so she may just discreetly bow out without any fanfare. I'd love to be wrong but thats my gut feeling. :(

Comment

Working...
                                                              X