• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pawlu84
    Originally posted by CasualFlow
    Originally posted by DaBoi
    I'm obsessed with This Time, what a hot tune
    I've always loved that song. It's so haunting and melancholy but with this angry rock edge. The keening soprano above the driving beat gives the song great tension and drama.
    Am I the only one who hears a car horn in the intro?
    That horn used to bug me so much! I would turn it off, and look around....

Comment

• I've finally gotten into 'This Time'. It used to be one of my least favourite Janet songs ever but wow, it's so edgy!

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
        I've finally gotten into 'This Time'. It used to be one of my least favourite Janet songs ever but wow, it's so edgy!

You prefered The Body That Loves You to This Time?

Comment

• I still prefer 'The Body That Loves You'.

I used to find most of the 'janet.' songs too long and boring, but I like them a lot more now (The Body That Loves You, This Time, Funky Big Band). I still can't get into 'Where Are You Now' though.

Comment

• I finally got round to watching 'For Colored Girls' last night. It's definitely my favourite Janet movie - but that is because of the other characters, nothing to do with Janet! In fact, Jo (Janet) is the least likeable/interesting character in the whole film and I'm still not convinced by Janet's acting. I only enjoyed her scenes because Carl, her on-screen husband, was dishy!

Comment

I still prefer 'The Body That Loves You'.

I used to find most of the 'janet.' songs too long and boring, but I like them a lot more now (The Body That Loves You, This Time, Funky Big Band). I still can't get into 'Where Are You Now' though.
              Where Are You Now is brilliant. It sounds a bit like an MJ-song, but this could easily have been a hit single. Very catchy IMO.
              Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• I think it sounds too much like 'Come Back To Me' and I'm never a fan of desperate attempts to re-create older songs.

Comment

• I'm going to watch Poetic Justice next week. Heard Janet was great in it.

Btw, i can't believe how fresh The Velvet Rope sounds after all these years. My all time favourite Janet album.
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

I think it sounds too much like 'Come Back To Me' and I'm never a fan of desperate attempts to re-create older songs.

The remix on Janet remixed is even better.

Comment

• I don't know if this makes sense but I'm so excited about J Lo's comeback that it made me think about how cool a Janet comeback could be like
                      Channel Orange Ray Of Light Electra Heart Back To Black

Comment

• She needs to hurry up. Nobody cares about her acting career, books, dieting or fur campaign!

Comment

• I don't want her to make ballads if they will sound like those from Discipline or that of "Nothing".

Comment

• True, those ballads were awful and so dated. But that's down to JD. She just needs to stay away from him forever, personally and professionally (which I'm guessing will be the case now).

Comment

• I hope she releases something like Together Again or Doesn't Really Matter, those tunes are so cool.

A track like 'If' its too much to ask for, I think those times are gone

Comment

• I miss Janet Jackson with Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis! By the way, I have Control and Rhythm Nation in Vinyl
                                "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• I think I'm the only one who liked Nothing lol at least as a soundtrack single. it had that early,Janet innocence thing.

Comment

• I liked Nothing and I still do, I like her ballads that no one seems to like, greatest x for example

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae
                                      I think I'm the only one who liked Nothing lol at least as a soundtrack single. it had that early,Janet innocence thing.
                                      Nope, I always say how this is one of my favourite Janet Jackson songs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                                        Originally posted by naughtynae
                                        I think I'm the only one who liked Nothing lol at least as a soundtrack single. it had that early,Janet innocence thing.
                                        Nope, I always say how this is one of my favourite Janet Jackson songs!

Oh really? I feel better now lol I like the simple melody. I think when Janet does a ballad right she is one of biggest examples of how you don't need a huge multi octave voice to make a great ballad.

Comment

• This is the first time in quite some time that there is so much discussion in the Janet thread! I think it's time for a new album this year.

Comment

• I was watching 'Control' from the Rhythm Nation tour yesterday. It's so incredible - she really is the best dancer. I'm going to watch more from that tour now I think.

Comment

• Janet is the queen of slow r&b jams. That's The Way Love Goes, Come Back To Me, Let's Wait Awhile, Anytime Anyplace, I Want You etc are all classics. Nothing was dated and limp from the get go. Silly nonsensical lyrics and her vocals weren't on point like previously. I hate that (as of now) it remains her last single.
                                              Beyoncé. Mariah. Mary. Janet.

Comment

• Are there any news about new music?

Comment

• Nothing is exactly what it is....nothing. That song puts me to sleep. And If I remember correctly she did a whole lot of promo for that crappy songs.

I've really been into "Better Days" on the All For You album. It really speaks to me.

Comment

• So there's no news about new music I would like fot her to go back to Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. They did magic together!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X