Janet Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spiritboy
    I'm going to watch Poetic Justice next week. Heard Janet was great in it.

Her best acting gig to date..... Still after all these years.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBoi
      A track like 'If' its too much to ask for, I think those times are gone

Is it possible? With such great choreography in the video?
      One can wish

Comment

• Originally posted by JasonJ
        Originally posted by spiritboy
        I'm going to watch Poetic Justice next week. Heard Janet was great in it.

Her best acting gig to date..... Still after all these years.
        Never saw her movies...
        "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Though I feel she needs NO more new hits, albums, tours, etc. to cement her legend, I do WISH for one more stellar run (a la Tina Turner's Private Dancer or Cher's Believe) which could propel her career or give her the ease of mind (in cementing her relevancy, musically). A renaissance if you will.

Some magic w/ Jimmy Jam/Terry Lewis, a KILLER tour (a la The Velvet Rope Tour) and some banger "don't you wish you were her/dated someone like her/bitch will imitate her" style videos!

LOL... very descriptive, I know. But I just have always loved Janet. Seriously, she was the total package (multi-media) and within music imo.
          I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by danbarj
            Though I feel she needs NO more new hits, albums, tours, etc. to cement her legend, I do WISH for one more stellar run (a la Tina Turner's Private Dancer or Cher's Believe) which could propel her career or give her the ease of mind (in cementing her relevancy, musically). A renaissance if you will.

Some magic w/ Jimmy Jam/Terry Lewis, a KILLER tour (a la The Velvet Rope Tour) and some banger "don't you wish you were her/dated someone like her/bitch will imitate her" style videos!

LOL... very descriptive, I know. But I just have always loved Janet. Seriously, she was the total package (multi-media) and within music imo.

A billion percent agree.
            "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

• Yeah, she doesn't need any more hits because she is already a music legend, however she hasn't had a big worldwide hit in 12 years now, so there is a whole generation who have never experienced what Janet is capable of.

Comment

• I watched the episode of Will and Grace that Janet was in, earlier! Great stuff!

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
                  Yeah, she doesn't need any more hits because she is already a music legend, however she hasn't had a big worldwide hit in 12 years now, so there is a whole generation who have never experienced what Janet is capable of.
                  I've resigned myself to the fact that Janet was 1986-2002. She had sixteen years of unbelieveable success and anything she does now is just a bonus for me. She's proven she can sell out arenas the world over, #1s etc so all I want now is music that is true to her and which I'll appreciate and enjoy.
                  Beyoncé. Mariah. Mary. Janet.

Comment

Though I feel she needs NO more new hits, albums, tours, etc. to cement her legend, I do WISH for one more stellar run (a la Tina Turner's Private Dancer or Cher's Believe) which could propel her career or give her the ease of mind (in cementing her relevancy, musically). A renaissance if you will.

I agree with you but we still need more hits from her...she may have a come back
                    The one and only MARIAH CAREY

The only artist to have 3 singles debut at #1
                    1st and only female artist to have her 1st 5 singles reach #1

Comment

I have all her albuns, but never saw her live! That must change! So I'm waiting for new music and a tour, and if it's not too much to ask, please go back to Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis!!!

Comment

• If she releases another album, please no more moaning and don't put so many interludes.
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy
                          If she releases another album, please no more moaning and don't put so many interludes.
                          She always has interludes, it's her thing!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale
                            Originally posted by spiritboy
                            If she releases another album, please no more moaning and don't put so many interludes.
                            She always has interludes, it's her thing!
                            yes but i hope she won't put many this time :-?
                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Evaluating the Chances of a Janet Jackson Comeback

Although she was unceremoniously banished from the Pop charts following her notorious “wardrobe malfunction” at the 2004 Super Bowl, it is difficult to deny that Janet Jackson is music royalty. Yet, has her time away from the spotlight made her a relic of the past or is there a chance for her to reclaim her place among the blessed and highly favoured?

With the exception of the rare Nutrisystem ad, the chances of a recent Jackson sighting in the media are even slimmer than finding a Chansey in the Pokemon Safari. Seriously, whenever Jackson surfaces at a major event, the red carpet press has to lure her into interviews that never last more than a few minutes. Yet, despite her current attempts to avoid public attention, the demand for Jackson’s music remains high.

Boasting one of the strongest catalogues in contemporary music – slap yourself if you never heard The Velvet Rope album – Jackson’s early material still receives impressive rotation on radio and television. Even images from old photo shoots continue to circulate across various social media platforms, especial on Tumblr where she easily competes with Rihanna and Beyonce as a user favourite.

So, what does all this drawn out jibber jabber mean? Did I just waste 3 minutes of your time by stating facts that you already know and now you want to hit me with that copy of Ciara’s Basic Instinct your aunt bought you at the dollar store in her failed attempt at being hip?

Think about it: Jackson’s music steadily plays on the radio, her videos are quite popular on television and even young music fans born after her prime know her by name, if not by face alone. Those are indicators that her brand is still relevant to the current music market.

With younger acts, such as Rihanna, Ciara, Beyonce, Kelly Rowland and Britney Spears, eagerly stealing adapting several aspects of Jackson’s style into their own works, they unknowingly maintain her presence in music. As an implication of that nifty fact, ladies and gentlemen, Jackson could theoretically forge a comeback.

To test this little theory, I showed a teenager Rihanna’s video for “Where Have You Been” and after listening to her laud her favourite artist for such an “original” concept – clearly this child was left behind – I introduced her to Jackson’s clip for “Together Again”. Imagine my delight when the young lady changed her tune and asked to see more of Jackson’s work. Today, she is a huge fan of the person she calls “a better version of Rihanna” and I can sleep well at night knowing that I did my part to make the world a better place. Each one, teach one.

Jackson is a visual-driven Po star and her striking video concepts and stage shows make it possible for her to fit in with a generation of young performers who emulate her craft yet fail to match her skill. Indeed, unlike Mariah Carey, who fronts a struggling crop of big-voiced, flowing gown divas, Jackson’s brand of entertainment is still heavily demanded. Ironically, Jackson was the second best-selling act of the 1990s, behind Carey.

Of course, all this talk would be pointless if Jackson doesn’t properly plan her return to the music scene, with a keen focus on timing, radio-friendly material and proper marketing. We all saw what happened with Madonna in 2012 when her less than impressive MDNA album fell off the charts quicker than an artist on the Bad Boy Records roster.

Also, Jackson herself has to want success. At this point in her life, it’s obvious that music isn’t a priority for her and she has lost all interest in that aspect of her career. Perhaps the media backlash she faced following the Super Bowl and her failed stint on Island Records has left her uninterested, particularly since her public image has been so badly damaged and a comeback seems near impossible.

On the other hand, Jackson could simply be waiting for the right time to relaunch her music career. As grim as it sounds, the death of her brother Michael helped to change public opinion of her, regardless of how hard Madonna tried to remind us of Jackson’s Super Bowl incident as a way of making her own less than impressive Half-Time Show seem better than just a desperate attempt to fight the effects of ageing.

Hence, it is quite possible for Jackson to score a successful comeback. All she needs is the right timing, music, promotion and the motivation to dominate the charts as she did in the past, and she will be back on top. Jackson is arguably a better entertainer than every young act in the game today and it would be a shame to see all that talent fade away before she gets the chance to cap off an already impressive legacy.

http://thelavalizard.com/2013/03/evalua ... -comeback/

Comment

• That's true, just don´t get why shade Madonna! Madonna is not a factor for a Janet comeback!

Comment

• Madonna and Janet will always be compared to eachother which can be good or bad. Just like Whitney/Mariah etc... Some people just throw darts thinking they are telling the truth and not offending others.

Comment

• I think comparing Janet and Madonna is wrong because they do different type of music. Just because they choreograph their dance moves doesn't mean they're similar acts.

And that article is written by a pressed soul who's probably jealous of Madonna's success. Remember Roger Friedman anyone?
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Janets next album is said to be her Arabic debut :-?
                                      | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Originally posted by preyan
                                        Janets next album is said to be her Arabic debut :-?
                                        You're joking right?
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by preyan
                                          Janets next album is said to be her Arabic debut :-?
                                          What does that even mean? Is she signed on an Arabic label?

Comment

• These rumours are getting too much now.

Comment

• When was this?

Comment

• With the exception of the rare Nutrisystem ad, the chances of a recent Jackson sighting in the media are even slimmer than finding a Chansey in the Pokemon Safari.

So, what does all this drawn out jibber jabber mean? Did I just waste 3 minutes of your time by stating facts that you already know and now you want to hit me with that copy of Ciara’s Basic Instinct your aunt bought you at the dollar store in her failed attempt at being hip?

To test this little theory, I showed a teenager Rihanna’s video for “Where Have You Been” and after listening to her laud her favourite artist for such an “original” concept – clearly this child was left behind.

We all saw what happened with Madonna in 2012 when her less than impressive MDNA album fell off the charts quicker than an artist on the Bad Boy Records roster.

As grim as it sounds, the death of her brother Michael helped to change public opinion of her, regardless of how hard Madonna tried to remind us of Jackson’s Super Bowl incident as a way of making her own less than impressive Half-Time Show seem better than just a desperate attempt to fight the effects of ageing.
                                                Some people believe in God, I believe in music. Some people pray, I turn up the radio.

Comment

• I think the guy who wrote this article wasn't paying attention to neither Madonna's career or the questions asked at the time of the superbowl! Madonna is a controversial artist, so it comes with no surprise if she was asked about any "surprises" during her show, like it happened years before with Janet! Those were question made by interviewers, journalists, everybody! Wich was only natural, and she responded! If it was a better show or not, it is very subjective, for me it was the best, for others I'm sure it wasn't! But hey were would we be if all of us liked the same thing, right?

Comment

• That CLEOPATRA pic is from 1999.

It was doen for MTV. Madonna also was in this session. all artists in famous opera parts.
                                                    Janet is here , in fact NOT Cleopatra..she is AIDA. i think.
                                                    YOU cant blame nobody but YOU

Comment

Working...
                                                    X