No announcement yet.

Janet Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback didnīt flop because it was weak ! It could be very huge ...

Darkchild did his job perfect ...
    nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

Originally posted by Wolves8
      Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis can give her good album songs, but they can't give her a Fresh single right now. Darkchild is good as well but Janet should work with some other people.

I agree with all your posts in this thread! Jimmy and Terry will make the album solid but yeah not a first single

Comment

Why cant Jimmy Jam and Terry give her a hit ? They've worked so perfectly together and her hits were mostly produced by them.

Everyone wants to see the old Janet and the old Janet can only be brought through JJ&TL hands. She loves sampling songs like she did for AFY the single, maybe she will try it again, I dont know.

I've heard during the time DISCIPLINE was realased LUV was starting to get airplay! Does somebody remember the audience peak?

Comment

Originally posted by Loverboy
          Why cant Jimmy Jam and Terry give her a hit ? They've worked so perfectly together and her hits were mostly produced by them.

Everyone wants to see the old Janet and the old Janet can only be brought through JJ&TL hands. She loves sampling songs like she did for AFY the single, maybe she will try it again, I dont know.

I've heard during the time DISCIPLINE was realased LUV was starting to get airplay! Does somebody remember the audience peak?
          All I know is that Janet wanted to have LUV released over Rock With You and LA wasn't having it, so he stopped promotion. Janet knew herself from the material on Discipline that LUV was the strongest contender, so we can't blame her. She knew its potential and her label screwed her over.

Anyway:
          from March 9, 2008
          http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... v&start=25

Originally posted by robbyds
          AI 9.564M. doing well in urban. with a video this can be a big urban. it seems to also have a crossover appeal. IDJ should release it to all formats and do a video for it
          Pop music = life

Comment

Well with her part in "Why Did I Get Married Too" pretty much confirmed she'd be a fool to ignore the hype. Get a song/single attached to the soundtrack and relaunch in a huge way. Hopefully the movie'll open at number one then she'll have to do the circuit Oprah, Ellen, Letterman, The View, Conan, Late Night, an MTV special. Just attack on as many fronts as possible...
            Phew,She better buy stocks in red bull cause it'll take alot of energy. That is if she can be bothered.
            Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...

Comment

I didn't actually know there was onna be a sequel to that film! Excellent.

Your promo plan sounds excellent.

I alway think that after her fiasco, Janet just needs to keep plugging away and eventually she will have success again. It happened with Feedback and it will continue
              "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Comment

Originally posted by pussycatdollns

All I know is that Janet wanted to have LUV released over Rock With You and LA wasn't having it, so he stopped promotion. Janet knew herself from the material on Discipline that LUV was the strongest contender, so we can't blame her. She knew its potential and her label screwed her over.

Anyway:
                from March 9, 2008

AI 9.564M. doing well in urban. with a video this can be a big urban. it seems to also have a crossover appeal. IDJ should release it to all formats and do a video for it
                Thank you so much for the information. It had a respectable airplay considering the situation. Maybe as 1st single it could have done a good job. What killed it was not realasing a video when Feedback started falling and not doing intensive promotion that only happened when the album was OUT and a second round when the album was almost falling out the top 200, when she did Sunset, etc.

Comment

Anyway:
                  from March 9, 2008

Actually it was the other way around...LA wanted to release Luv, and Janet wanted to go with Rock Wit U. So Janet won, although I agree Luv would have been a much better choice.

Comment

Maybe because its not the 90's anymore? And they aren't as good as they once were judging by the other stuff they've done. But who knows, I stick by what I said before its not just producers that can make her huge again its Janet. The MJ concerts will be a good 're-introduction' for her

Comment

As I recall Janet wanted Luv, which is why she was still performing it on Ellen etc when the tour promo began, despite the album promo having finished.

Comment

Originally posted by AussiePopStar8
                        Well with her part in "Why Did I Get Married Too" pretty much confirmed she'd be a fool to ignore the hype. Get a song/single attached to the soundtrack and relaunch in a huge way. Hopefully the movie'll open at number one then she'll have to do the circuit Oprah, Ellen, Letterman, The View, Conan, Late Night, an MTV special. Just attack on as many fronts as possible...
                        Phew,She better buy stocks in red bull cause it'll take alot of energy. That is if she can be bothered.
                        I agree about the movie/single hype same worked for her in the "Nutty Professor" with Doesn't Really Matter

Comment

Originally posted by Troubledjack

Anyway:
                          from March 9, 2008

Actually it was the other way around...LA wanted to release Luv, and Janet wanted to go with Rock Wit U. So Janet won, although I agree Luv would have been a much better choice.
                          Originally posted by Jark
                          As I recall Janet wanted Luv, which is why she was still performing it on Ellen etc when the tour promo began, despite the album promo having finished.

Janet wanted LUV. Makes perfect sense when we look at the way things unfolded.
                          Pop music = life

Comment

Originally posted by naughtynae

Maybe because its not the 90's anymore? And they aren't as good as they once were judging by the other stuff they've done. But who knows, I stick by what I said before its not just producers that can make her huge again its Janet. The MJ concerts will be a good 're-introduction' for her
                            I agree 100% with you. I love them as well, they are great producers but in 2009 they are not going to be able to give her a 1st single. Like I was saying, they have chemistry with her like no one could imagine but it needs to be for the body of the album.

Comment

She needs to work with big name producers who can give her some sexy upbeat tracks - Darkchild, Timbo, Jim Beanz, Danja, Bangladesh, Rico Love, T-Pain, Missy - with a couple of slinky ballads and midtempos (The-Dream, Tank). Big name collaborations would also be most welcome. "Call On Me" (with Nelly) and "Son of A Gun" (with Missy) are two of her best songs (and consequently, biggest hits) in recent years and she should go in a similar direction with this next record.
                              Hater-bitch, we're taking you to the left.

Comment

Are there any news ?

There are stupid rumors in cz magazines, that janet is ill and fat again ... :-?
                                nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

she should name the album Floptacular

Comment

Originally posted by Kare

sorry, nothing else to say you ******
                                    nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

Originally posted by nekoo3372

sorry i just think that after flop and flop and even bigger flop what is she trying to accomplish. We are sick of her now shes left her mark now RETIRE ALREADY!

Comment

sorry i just think that after flop and flop and even bigger flop what is she trying to accomplish. We are sick of her now shes left her mark now RETIRE ALREADY!
                                        you call yourself WE ??

I enjoy her music and I think Iīm not only one.
                                        If you donīt like her and you are sick of her - go out of this topic and post your negativities somewhere else, please !

I enjoy her music and long as she makes good music.
                                        nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

you call yourself WE ??

If you donīt like her and you are sick of her - go out of this topic and post your negativities somewhere else, please !

U.S. defines WE and just look at the sales and it'll prove it

Comment

you call yourself WE ??

speak for yourself please, I donīt think there are so many ugly people in US ...
                                            nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

[quote=nekoo3372]
                                              Originally posted by "Kare":1bxu9e2u

you call yourself WE ??

speak for yourself please, I donīt think there are so many ugly people in US ... [/quote:1bxu9e2u]

U.S. is hideous then because look at the sales

Comment

^^

Sorry, Iīll keep my words for myself ... itīs just pointless to post with someone as bitter as you are ...
                                                I love Janet and Iīll still support her as much as I can ;)

And you should better post no so negative ...
                                                nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

Damita Jo went Platinum, it way a huge FLOP.
                                                  The other 2, I will agree.
                                                  You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.

Comment

you need to read to topic Plym made

Comment

wonder when we'll see this album?

I really hops she continues the tour in the UK.
                                                      CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

Comment

20 Y.O. is also Platinum

I love Janet too. I will allways love. I'm pissed because of the mess of the tour but I will allways give her my support and buy her albuns! She's an inspiration.

One thing that I'm starting to see is that people really like Janet music, specially the dance jams - just dont understand why they dont buy the albuns. She remains SO POPULAR in clubs, and everyone enjoys her...

Comment

***** ******** ****** ****

With so many horrible, terrible, obnoxious singers out there....why on earth should she retire?? because you say so? maybe trying to consider the fact she likes music...and likes creating it....and if people like it, that's just a bonus....I'm just trying to see thing from my perspective....I'd never do music for money, I'd do it for love, because I had some creative ideas etc. ....
                                                          Some of the songs she's done lately are far better than anything she's done on All For You f. eg. Personally I didn't like All For You...And it was a hit album with hit singles.....

With You, Feedback, Rock With You, All Nite, My baby etc are the moments that deserve my respect. I'd rather buy her album with ONE song from that list than any current hit album including Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Kelly Clarkson...or some previuos big albums like Fergie....

Comment

Are there any news ?

There are stupid rumors in cz magazines, that janet is ill and fat again ... :-?
                                                            Discipline has seen an increase in sales in the US, largely due to closures of Circuit City stores in the US. It moved up from #176 to #107 on this weeks BB Top 200 Album chart and it's now #10 in this weeks BB Top R&B/Hip-Hop Album chart.

Comment

Originally posted by ColbyCo
                                                              Are there any news ?

Discipline has seen an increase in sales in the US, largely due to closures of Circuit City stores in the US. It moved up from #176 to #107 on this weeks BB Top 200 Album chart and it's now #10 in this weeks BB Top R&B/Hip-Hop Album chart.
                                                              How much has this sold overall?
                                                              Hater-bitch, we're taking you to the left.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X