No announcement yet.

Janet Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank God you're well and back, 2loveDeluxe.
    Gone.

Comment

• Great news. "Janet" will be added one day too.
      Gone.

Comment

• Janet Jackson and Aretha Franklin are the only female artists with at least three solo studio albums included among Rolling Stone's “500 Greatest Albums of All Time.”

Alanis Morissette Is A ‘Huge Fan Of’ Tegan And Sara, ‘Obsessed With Janet Jackson’

“I have been obsessed with Janet Jackson for as long as I can remember,” she shared. “I remember having gone to see her perform when I was 15 in Toronto, and there was something about having watched her perform that day that just kind of put a spell on me, and I think I was with my manager at the time.”

“I remember turning to him and saying… basically said something along the lines of, ‘I now am very clear about what I want to do with my life,'” she concluded.
        Source: https://etcanada.com/news/694744/ala...janet-jackson/

Gone.

Comment

• I can't wait to finish this Corona situation to enjoy the Black Diamond era pending.

Comment

• Speaking of Billboard Music Awards, what tour Janet is nominated for? A Special 30th Anniversary Celebration of Rhythm Nation? For 5 shows in three cities?
            Gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bojan View Post
              Speaking of Billboard Music Awards, what tour Janet is nominated for? A Special 30th Anniversary Celebration of Rhythm Nation? For 5 shows in three cities?
              Metamorphosis?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bojan View Post
                Janet Jackson and Aretha Franklin are the only female artists with at least three solo studio albums included among Rolling Stone's “500 Greatest Albums of All Time.”

Alanis Morissette Is A ‘Huge Fan Of’ Tegan And Sara, ‘Obsessed With Janet Jackson’

Source: https://etcanada.com/news/694744/ala...janet-jackson/

That's so sweet of her. Janet's influene and inpact is truly something else.

Comment

• "20 Y.O." was released 14 years ago. I always felt like Jermaine Dupri tried to give her a more upbeat "The Emancipation of Mimi". He should’ve never been in charge of this album. I get nightmares when I think about those mid 2000s R&B snaps and claps in almost every song.

Sounds like I hate the album but I don't. The album just feels very bland compared to its 6 predecessors. Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis contributed three of the album's highlights with "Take Care", "Enjoy" and "Daybreak". "This Body" is also a bop that stands out (I know many don’t like it). "With U" is a cute chill jam and "So Excited" (no idea who Khia is tho) and "Get It Out Me" are bangers. I never liked "Call on Me" too much and I guess it was only released as a single because Nelly was on it and he was popular at that time?

Anyway not one of Janet's best albums and a lot of it sounds pretty dated now but it’s not bad.
                  Last edited by JeremySpears; Mon September 28, 2020, 01:02.
                  Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                    Janet's self-titled debut album came out 38 years ago this week.

I don’t have much to say about that album and its follow-up. It’s by far her worst album. I guess that "Young Love" and "Say You Do" can be fun at times and maybe "Love and My Best Friend" is a cute little ballad but that’s it. Very very bland and dated now.
                    her debut is not her worst album

Comment

• "Unbreakable" was released 5 years ago today.

She delivered a great comeback album with that one. A huge improvement compared to its two predecessors. I like that she didn’t try to chase trends with it. It’s unfortunate that there was literally 0 promo so the era was a nonevent but the album was amazing. "The Great Forever" and "Take Me Away" are two underappreciated gems that deserve more attention. Also I can’t believe that this was the only album she released in the last decade.

+

"Love Will Never Do (Without You)" turns 30 today.

Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                        "Unbreakable" was released 5 years ago today.
                        Time flies. Feeling a little bit old now.

Comment

• Cathy Dennis said she wrote Britney's "Toxic" with Janet in mind.

“That was written in Sweden with Bloodshy & Avant [Christian Karlsson and Pontus Winnberg] and Henrik Jonback. I went over there to write with Janet Jackson in mind. I was there for about ten days in total. I’d had a meeting with Janet, I think in London, but it may have been in New York. I thought I’d have a go at writing something that would work for her and it didn’t come out at the time. We did have this song Toxic, though. “It was started on day one of seven… then took part of day two to try to finish it. And because I couldn’t quite finish it, I said: ‘Look, let’s start on something else.’ So we wrote another three songs that week and in my spare time while I was in my hotel room I was very busy editing my lyrics on Toxic. Eventually on day seven, which was the day I was flying back to England, I had run out of time. I knew that it was D-Day and I had to sing and that was what I came up with after a lot of editing.”
                          https://ivorsacademy.com/info_advice...nis-interview/

Comment

• I can hear Janet's version

Comment

• On this day in 1997, Janet Jackson's fifth consecutive blockbuster, “The Velvet Rope,” was released. Widely considered a masterpiece, the Billboard 200 number one was a massive commercial success selling millions of albums and singles worldwide.
                              Last edited by Bojan; Wed October 7, 2020, 19:30.
                              Gone.

Comment

• One of her finest songs, too!

Akini's Top 100 Artists of the Decade: [#1]

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                  One of her finest songs, too!

I agree.
                                  Gone.

Comment

• "The Velvet Rope" is one of my Top 5 favorite Albums and Janet's best. Pure genius. She knew how to make a good concept album back in the day. "Go Deep" deserved to be a #1 hit by the way.

Comment

• Gone.

Comment

• Gone.

Comment

• She looks 20YO

Comment

• Gone.

Comment

• Can't believe it's been 14 years since 20 YO was released. There was so much hype, everyone expected her to pull an Emancipation trick but radio was still very much against. Don't Stan it but I like that album.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loverboy View Post
                                                Can't believe it's been 14 years since 20 YO was released. There was so much hype, everyone expected her to pull an Emancipation trick but radio was still very much against. Don't Stan it but I like that album.
                                                It's not a bad album, but people have higher expectations from her. I like the booklet.
                                                Gone.

Comment

• Last edited by Bojan; Thu October 22, 2020, 11:56.
                                                  Gone.

Comment

• No no no to Slant Magazine's list. #9 is already way too high for her debut, placing the underrated masterpiece "Damita Jo" at #7 (!!!) is a hate crime and "Control" might be flawless and iconic but it’s definitely not better than "Rhythm Nation 1814". At least they got the #1 and the #4 right.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X