No announcement yet.

Janet Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "20 Y.O." came out 15 years ago today.
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• "Unbreakable" was released 6 years ago today. Six. Years.
      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• TE=JeremySpears;n10726023]"Unbreakable" was released 6 years ago today. Six. Years. [/QUOTE]

Whoa, time sure does fly! I know fans seem divided on Unbreakable but I really enjoy it. She's so relaxed and confident throughout the album. Though, admittedly, it doesn't get replayed nearly as much as her 00s masterpiece Damita Jo

By the way JeremySpears I have always wondered: how did you become a Janet stan?
        Last edited by NormiMalone; Sat October 2, 2021, 21:33.
        She's got a cute little voice but she doesn't really have any fans...none that can fight....

Comment

• Hope her new album will be at least as good as Unbreakable.
          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by NormiMalone View Post
            TE=JeremySpears;n10726023]"Unbreakable" was released 6 years ago today. Six. Years.
            Whoa, time sure does fly! I know fans seem divided on Unbreakable but I really enjoy it. She's so relaxed and confident throughout the album. Though, admittedly, it doesn't get replayed nearly as much as her 00s masterpiece Damita Jo

By the way JeremySpears I have always wondered: how did you become a Janet stan?[/QUOTE]

Well I found this "Nasty Boys" mashup (below) on YouTube in 2017 and I couldn’t get "Nasty" out of my head after that so I checked out more Janet songs afterwards ("Rhythm Nation", "Escapade", "Black Cat" and "All Nite (Don’t Stop)") and had those on repeat for weeks. Then I listened to the full albums (I don’t remember the order but I do know that "Rhythm Nation 1814" was the first one I listened to) and that was the start of my Janet obsession which was pretty extreme in 2017 and 2018. Of course I knew of Janet because she was Michael's sister and I knew that Britney named her as an influence several times but the only songs I knew before 2017 were "Scream" and "Whoops Now" (I didn’t know that Janet sang WN though lol). That's basically it. I wish I had a more exciting fan origin story.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
              Well I found this "Nasty Boys" mashup (below) on YouTube in 2017 and I couldn’t get "Nasty" out of my head after that so I checked out more Janet songs afterwards ("Rhythm Nation", "Escapade", "Black Cat" and "All Nite (Don’t Stop)") and had those on repeat for weeks. Then I listened to the full albums (I don’t remember the order but I do know that "Rhythm Nation 1814" was the first one I listened to) and that was the start of my Janet obsession which was pretty extreme in 2017 and 2018. Of course I knew of Janet because she was Michael's sister and I knew that Britney named her as an influence several times but the only songs I knew before 2017 were "Scream" and "Whoops Now" (I didn’t know that Janet sang WN though lol). That's basically it. I wish I had a more exciting fan origin story
              First of all, that mash up slaps! No wonder it hooked you. It's actually quite an adorable story and very on-brand for you. And the fact that it was Britney who lead you to Janet...her power! Thanks for sharing. Now all we gotta do is (keep) wait(ing) for her new album to drop so you can experience a Janet era in real time
              She's got a cute little voice but she doesn't really have any fans...none that can fight....

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Happy Birthday to one of the best albums of all time: The Velvet Rope.

Comment

• Hang on I thought most of Janet’s fans loved Unbreakabke??

Comment

• best Janet track pre-Control era

My music library: LAST.FM

Comment

• Originally posted by Mpol View Post
                        Hang on I thought most of Janet’s fans loved Unbreakabke??
                        I thought so too, but there are some who felt underwhelmed by it.

Comment

Working...
                        X