No announcement yet.

Janet Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The way I thought the picture was the album cover and then I saw it was for a magazine.

If she does NOT release any music with all of this going on... damn.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
      I thought that was Lizzo

Comment

• I love the cover, I am just so hyped for the documentary I can't wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by breatheonme View Post
          The way I thought the picture was the album cover and then I saw it was for a magazine.

If she does NOT release any music with all of this going on... damn.
          Ooooh it would make a good album cover!

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
            I love that she is so humble and she never became too obsessed with herself.
            What is your obsession with this? You’re constantly gaging who is “humble” or not it’s bizarre.

Excited for the documentary she comes from an era where there was a lot of documenting the process so I’m looking forward to unseen footage!

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post

What is your obsession with this? You’re constantly gaging who is “humble” or not it’s bizarre.

Excited for the documentary she comes from an era where there was a lot of documenting the process so I’m looking forward to unseen footage!
              Being humble is very admirable

Comment

• Btw, don’t get too angry if there is not new music immediately after the documentary airs. It might be too overwhelming to process the documentary AND new music all at once. She might want the documentary to have it’s time to shine before she drops a new song.

Comment

• Originally posted by hun View Post

Being humble is very admirable
                  I honestly do not care.

Comment

I honestly do not care.
                    Fine, but there’s no need to come for others who do care about humility.

On that subject, Janet is definitely one of the most humble superstars. I wouldn’t be as big a fan if she weren’t as humble as she is.

Comment

On that subject, Janet is definitely one of the most humble superstars.
                      100%
                      Considering her accomplishments, she's a downright Demure Diva. I once met a guy who had done security detail for a variety of celebrities. He said Janet was by far the sweetest and most down-to-earth star he'd ever worked for. It's easy enough to see
                      She's got a cute little voice but she doesn't really have any fans...none that can fight....

Comment

Ooooh it would make a good album cover!
                        Absolutely not. Yuck!

Comment

Fine, but there’s no need to come for others who do care about humility.
                          I can comment on what ever I feel like commenting on.

Comment

So you just want to start drama and attack people ‘because you can’?

Comment

Let me save this for future use
                              " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                              Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• I love this picture. It screams legend!

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• A legend, I can't wait for her documentary

Comment

• Promooo
                                    Last edited by JeremySpears; Sat January 22, 2022, 12:33.
                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• More promooo!

Comment

• So much promo and no music release

Comment

So much promo and no music release
                                          She’s annoying

Comment

So much promo and no music release
                                            Yeah it seems like a wasted opportunity to not at least have a single to coincide with everything
                                            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• We are getting a 4 hour documentary. Maybe music will follow, but the documentary is a wonderful gift.

Comment

• There’s a fan petition going round for Janet to fix her YouTube channel. We should sign and share it

https://www.change.org/p/janet-jacks...n-fan-petition

Comment

• Janet Jackson has told for the first time how her superstar brother Michael regularly fat-shamed her, before revealing why they grew apart prior to his death. Opening up in a new documentary five years in the making, the Rhythm Nation singer said the late Michael Jackson would call her horrible names, The Sun reports.

There were times when Mike used to tease me and call me names, Pig, horse, sl*t, or hog, cow, Janet says. He would laugh about it and I'd laugh too, but then there was somewhere down inside that it would hurt. When you have somebody say you're too heavy, it affects you.

Despite the seven-year age gap between her and older brother Michael and his comments about her, the pair had been very close as children. But she admits she and Michael, who died in 2009 aged 50, drifted apart as they grew older.

And she was devastated when he was first accused of child sex abuse in 1993 when 13-year-old Jordan Chandler alleged Michael molested him at his home, Neverland, in California. Asked if the allegations affected her, she says: Yeah. It was frustrating for me.We have our own separate lives and even though he's my brother, that has nothing to do with me.But I wanted to be there for him, to support him as much as I possibly could.

The lawsuit was settled in January 1994 with a $23 million payout to the Chandlers. Janet says: Michael wound up giving money to the family. He just wanted it to go away, but that looks like you''re guilty.

At the time, Janet had been about to sign what would have been the biggest brand deal of her career with Coca-Cola. But the allegation against Michael thwarted it.When that came out, Coca-Cola said, No, thank you. Guilty by association. That's what they call it, right? Janet says.

She and Michael later hit back at the coverage of allegations against him in their 1995 single Scream. But things were never the same between them, she said, with Michael's team making it hard for her to even see him. Filming of the music video overran and costs spiraled to $7 million. Of the shoot, she says: It was his song and I was there to support him.
                                                  Michael shot nights, I shot days. His record company would block off his set so I couldn't see what was going on. They didn't want me on set. I felt like they were trying to make it very competitive between the two of us. That really hurt me because I felt I was there fighting the fight with him, not to battle him. I wanted it to feel like old times between he and I, and it didn't. Old times had long passed.

A few years later her family tried to stage an intervention in Michaels life at his Las Vegas home but he refused to listen.

Recalling the conversation with him, alongside his brothers from The Jackson 5, Janet says: I said, We wanted to talk about you guys going on tour again and if you guys would do that as brothers. I would be honored to open for you.

He didn't have much to say, he was stand-offish. I was really upset.

My family chartered a private jet and they came for an intervention. It was a way of us getting close again and he wasn't having it.

But she admits they had started to grow apart years earlier, when Michael released his groundbreaking best-selling album, Thriller, in 1982. Janet, who was then beginning her own lucrative music career, explains: It was Thriller, that's when it all started to change. I remember really loving the Thriller album but for the first time in my life I felt it was different between us, a shift was happening. That's the time Mike and I started going our separate ways. He just wasn't as fun as he used to be.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...60dc6233dfc106
                                                  Last edited by britneylinda; Tue January 25, 2022, 17:21.

Comment

• family ripped apart by fame. without these dramas, we the public wouldn't have the music but was it worth it for their own lives?
                                                    what's going on?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X