No announcement yet.

Janet Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She looks fabulous still. I always thought she was the hottest of the bunch.

Comment

• I love Velvet rope but imo it doesnt have a song that comes near sweetest thing or exfactor.

As I said a million times, Janet needs to go back to art. Out of the 80s/90s divas, I think she was the best songwriter. Now shed using people to do it for her... Now is the best time for her to be writing. She has the potential to make the best album of her career (which would be hard) just based on all she experienced since her last record. She lost Michael, broke up with jd, got married, had family fights, and got her body back lol.

Just no more rushing to have a hit!!!
      Diva!!!

Comment

• Listening to 'The Velvet Rope' in full, from beginning to end, is just a surreal experience.

Comment

• Godvet Rope >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!
          Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
            Listening to 'The Velvet Rope' in full, from beginning to end, is just a surreal experience.
            I did that last night with the headphones. My first uninterrupted listen in a couple years. I'd forgotten just how good that album is. Today I pulled out 20YO to listen to on the way to work. Still can't get over how much I love "Daybreak". I can listen to that song over and over again.

Comment

• I'm obsessed with This Time, what a hot tune
              Channel Orange Ray Of Light Electra Heart Back To Black

Comment

• ^^^i thought that song was such a bore. But the Janet. album used to be my favorite if hers (besides the 48 useless interludes). New Agenda and Big Funky Band were bops.

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                  ^^^i thought that song was such a bore. But the Janet. album used to be my favorite if hers (besides the 48 useless interludes). New Agenda and Big Funky Band were bops.

I LOVE Funky Big Band the intro is ace.

Comment

• I think that's the secret of her earlier albums, there are different songs for different fans. I actually don't like "Funky Big Band"!

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack
                      I think that's the secret of her earlier albums, there are different songs for different fans. I actually don't like "Funky Big Band"!

I'm one of the few who likes it but than again I love Special too which seems everybody hates.

Comment

• While i was listening to new Justin album, i wondered how great a collab between Justin and Janet could be? I think it could be an epic song. What do you think?
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• They already collaborated twice: "(And She Said) Take Me Now" in Justified and the infamous Superbowl performance in 2004. I doubt they ever want to see each other's faces again!

Comment

• I watched "Why Did I Get Married?" and "Why Did I Get Married Too?" and, I say again, Janet is ONE hell of an actress.

I mean she did her damn thing... really in the second movie! Epic performance on her part.

And, the other morning, while getting ready for work... I went "nostalgic" and listened to Velvet Rope while getting ready for work. I had great memories of such a great era (musically) and memories of the EPIC, trend setting tour!

Sorry, Beyonce, Rihanna, Gaga, etc can kick dust when they see that tour. That was a training show for all them girls.
                            I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

Comment

• ^^^Every female R&B/Pop star that dances need to watch that tour before they try and do anything.

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy
                                While i was listening to new Justin album, i wondered how great a collab between Justin and Janet could be? I think it could be an epic song. What do you think?
                                I'd stay away from Justin if I were Janet after what happened last time they performed together.
                                My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

• Originally posted by NothingFails
                                  Originally posted by spiritboy
                                  While i was listening to new Justin album, i wondered how great a collab between Justin and Janet could be? I think it could be an epic song. What do you think?
                                  I'd stay away from Justin if I were Janet after what happened last time they performed together.
                                  I'm sure Justin isn't in any way that interested in a collab with Janet either....they both had enough.
                                  Madonna 350 milions record sold: who else?

Comment

• IU (Korean singer) has just released her new Japanese EP and it has two songs produced by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis and the production is so fresh and definately something I could imagine Janet singing over.

IU - Truth

If Janet teams back up with Jam + Lewis and produced a few songs like this, it would be amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBoi
                                      I'm obsessed with This Time, what a hot tune
                                      I've always loved that song. It's so haunting and melancholy but with this angry rock edge. The keening soprano above the driving beat gives the song great tension and drama.

Comment

• Originally posted by CasualFlow
                                        Originally posted by DaBoi
                                        I've always loved that song. It's so haunting and melancholy but with this angry rock edge. The keening soprano above the driving beat gives the song great tension and drama.
                                        Am I the only one who hears a car horn in the intro?

Comment

• Does she have any dvds coming out?
                                          Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawlu84
                                            Originally posted by CasualFlow
                                            Originally posted by DaBoi
                                            Am I the only one who hears a car horn in the intro?
                                            That horn used to bug me so much! I would turn it off, and look around....

Comment

• I've finally gotten into 'This Time'. It used to be one of my least favourite Janet songs ever but wow, it's so edgy!

Comment

I've finally gotten into 'This Time'. It used to be one of my least favourite Janet songs ever but wow, it's so edgy!

You prefered The Body That Loves You to This Time?

Comment

• I still prefer 'The Body That Loves You'.

I used to find most of the 'janet.' songs too long and boring, but I like them a lot more now (The Body That Loves You, This Time, Funky Big Band). I still can't get into 'Where Are You Now' though.

Comment

• I finally got round to watching 'For Colored Girls' last night. It's definitely my favourite Janet movie - but that is because of the other characters, nothing to do with Janet! In fact, Jo (Janet) is the least likeable/interesting character in the whole film and I'm still not convinced by Janet's acting. I only enjoyed her scenes because Carl, her on-screen husband, was dishy!

Comment

I still prefer 'The Body That Loves You'.

I used to find most of the 'janet.' songs too long and boring, but I like them a lot more now (The Body That Loves You, This Time, Funky Big Band). I still can't get into 'Where Are You Now' though.
                                                      Where Are You Now is brilliant. It sounds a bit like an MJ-song, but this could easily have been a hit single. Very catchy IMO.
                                                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I think it sounds too much like 'Come Back To Me' and I'm never a fan of desperate attempts to re-create older songs.

Comment

• I'm going to watch Poetic Justice next week. Heard Janet was great in it.

Btw, i can't believe how fresh The Velvet Rope sounds after all these years. My all time favourite Janet album.
                                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

I think it sounds too much like 'Come Back To Me' and I'm never a fan of desperate attempts to re-create older songs.

The remix on Janet remixed is even better.

Comment

• I don't know if this makes sense but I'm so excited about J Lo's comeback that it made me think about how cool a Janet comeback could be like
                                                              Channel Orange Ray Of Light Electra Heart Back To Black

Comment

Working...
                                                              X