No announcement yet.

Avril Lavigne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avril attended Shawn Mendes' LA concert, and started following each other on Instagram.
    "Dion's voice glides effortlessly from deep whispers to dead-on high notes, a sweet siren that combines force with grace."
    - Time

Comment

• *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

• Finally.

Comment

• [tweet:2p2ylsun]https://twitter.com/eastside_tilly/status/1027887649003069441[/tweet:2p2ylsun]

Comment

• Her first album is still amazing!

Comment

• Re: Avril Lavigne

Looks like new music is coming in September

Comment

• “Magic..”

BTS photo from music video shoot of AL6 ‘s lead single, posted by the director Elliot Lester.

"Dion's voice glides effortlessly from deep whispers to dead-on high notes, a sweet siren that combines force with grace."
                - Time

Comment

• Can‘t wait She always released some great music after a longer break.

Comment

• New BTS photos from the video shoot for the new single.

- Time

Comment

• It looks like a mellow song from the stills. Good to me.
                      | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Guys!

She did it!

"Head Above Water" on September 19th!

Comment

• She looks amazing!

Comment

• I admit I still miss the boyish image of the Let Go-era Avril (and it's scary to think it's been 16/15 years since that era!) but dang the woman just doesn't age! She could wear the Let Go outfit like right now and she'd still look 17 to me.

Can't wait for some new music from her!
                            - Time

Comment

• Avril Lavigne leaving Jimmy Kimmel's studio in Los Angeles after the first-ever live performance of Head Above Water
                              09/12/18

- Time

Comment

• "Dion's voice glides effortlessly from deep whispers to dead-on high notes, a sweet siren that combines force with grace."
                                - Time

Comment

• I thought the Kimmel show should have aired days ago, what's going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by dhenapie
                                    Can't wait for some new music from her!

Comment

• Re: Avril Lavigne

+ she looks so cute in those photos with fans

Comment

• Can believe tell me their favourite Avril albums. I bought her first 3 in physical copies and the 4th as a download but I never even heard her last one. This is my order and I have left out the last one and downloaded it on Spotify so I can listen later.

1. The best damn thing
                                        2. Under my skin
                                        3. Let go
                                        3. Goodbye lullaby
                                        You have officially been frock destroyed!

Comment

• Avril's new song out in Russia.

Comment

• The Survivor for "Head Above Water" has started - please join if you enjoy(ed) the album

Comment

• HEROES: AVRIL LAVIGNE

With head held high after life-altering illness, the pop-punk queen is still “complicated.”

After 17 years in a strict religious household outside Toronto, Avril Lavigne had enough pent-up angst to effectively launch a new pop-punk paradigm. “I wasn’t really allowed to really go anywhere or do anything,” says Lavigne. “I was definitely a good girl with strong morals, [but] my parents watched me like a ******* hawk.”

Despite her hyper-orthodox upbringing, Lavigne’s early smashes, from “Complicated” to “Sk8er Boi,” centered on high-school averageness—endorsing reckless use of eyeliner rather than actual lawlessness. Rivaling the scale of bubblegum opposites like Britney and Christina, Lavigne’s 2002 debut record Let Go would sell 20 million copies worldwide, thrusting her into adulthood and global fame simultaneously. “The first 10 years after leaving home, it was like, ‘woo!’ I went wild,” says Lavigne. She adds, “No sleep, Jack Daniels and beer. I would say that continued until the third album, when I was married,” referring to her first marriage at 21 to Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley.

But after a decade of manic quasi-maturity, Lavigne’s energy drink-chugging pace would slow to deathlike stillness. In 2014, during her second marriage to Nickelback’s Chad Kroeger, she came down with Lyme Disease. “I was like, oh my God, am I done? I couldn’t think about anything other than breathing and eating,” she says of her now-public battle with the disorder, the inspiration for her sixth album and its titular first single, “Head Above Water.”

While her stamina isn’t quite what it was, today Lavigne has regained her freedoms and is planning a fall tour. Nor has she lost all that early-aughts angst. (Asked if recent single “Dumb Blonde” represented a reversal of her anti-Britney persona, Lavigne says “No.”) But she is a true believer in the power of positive thinking. “I do the whole gratitude list thing,” she says. “I can’t do [it all] the way I used to, but I look at how far I’ve come and I just thank God.”
                                              https://vmagazine.com/article/heroes-avril-lavigne/

I‘ll never understand the logic behind doing a photoshoot and releasing only one picture but whatever that’s a gorgeous pic.
                                              Last edited by JeremySpears; Sat May 11th, 2019, 14:56.
                                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• "planning a fall tour"? Though isn't this the first word of any tour? And it's not even a quote from her? Hmm. I hope it's true though!

Comment

• She’s performing at the ARDY‘s.

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Avril performed a medley (Sk8er Boi, Complicated, Head Above Water & Dumb Blonde) and received the Shero Award at the ARDYs. She’s the sixth artist to receive that award.

Last edited by JeremySpears; Mon June 17th, 2019, 17:45.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X