Originally posted by Beyoncefanatic
      i agree with you alxx or Let Go those albums contain her best work yet
      Yeah! I agree.
      Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• britneyfan09
        Superstar
        • 17 Nov 2008

I hope she continues in the pop direction. Like TBDT just more girlier and sexier.

Comment

• Beyoncefanatic
          Superstar
          • 28 Nov 2008

Originally posted by britneyfan09
          I hope she continues in the pop direction. Like TBDT just more girlier and sexier.
          WTF noooooo i hope she don't that album was so commercial and just wrong its not her at all
          I hope your happy now

Comment

• westhammer
            Legend
            • 10 Jul 2004

Very artistic pictures! I hope she goes back to the style of the first two albums as TBDT is too poppy and doesn't come off that well
            You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• jpguy
              Legend
              • 12 Oct 2007

omg! I am soooo excited! New album in NovembeR! YAYYY! I Love her music! I'm so happy, I was so afraid she'd for an April - May release like she uses to...

Comment

• naughtynae
                Legend
                • 19 Aug 2006

I want a mixture of all 3 albums but with a more mature twist but still fun! (with those deep kind of angst moments also)

Comment

• JoshuaBuzz
                  Legend
                  • 09 May 2008

Avril ALWAYS delivers.
                  Can't wait!
                  Hater-bitch, we're taking you to the left.

Comment

• TiagoRodrigues
                    Legend
                    • 05 Dec 2006

Originally posted by britneyfan09
                    sorry but that's not humanly possible :-?
                    "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

Comment

• android
                      Superstar
                      • 12 Jun 2007

Originally posted by CHB
                      the new Avril Lavigne....

She is working with Max Martin (Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, Pink)

Yikes whats all that about anyway I am looking forward to seeing what the fiesty little Canadian can produce on her 4th album

Comment

• GaGarazzi
                        Superstar
                        • 25 Apr 2009

Yay I can't wait!! I love Avril! I really hope the album is like The Best Damn Thing cause that was The Best Damn album she's ever released!!

Comment

• t_dot
                          Superstar
                          • 18 Aug 2006

The rapping/Toni Basil affliction that plagued 2007’s The Best Damn Thing has left her system, and she’s back to the emo-heavy strengths of her first two albums.

Avril Lavigne didn’t mean to start recording a new album. “It just happened,” she says of the still-untitled November 17th release. “I made a record without even feeling like I made a record.”

Sitting in a studio in Tarzana, Calif., with her feet — clad in a pair of vinyl hightops — propped up on a mixing board, the now 24 year old pop-punk princess barely looks a day older than she did when “Complicated” took the airwaves by storm in 2002. “I’m sitting on the piano writing in the foyer, and he’s in the studio, and it’s like, ‘Hey. I like that.’”

“He” is Lavigne’s husband (and Sum 41 frontman) Deryck Whibley, who has used the couple’s home studio to produce eight of the nine tracks she’s recorded so far. “I think this is taking the spirit of what she’s done on previous records so much further,” he says. “It’s way more meaningful, has more of an impact, more emotional. It makes me feel something more than the other stuff. And I wanted to match that musically with the track.”

Lavigne seems thrilled to have such a crack in-house production partner. “He knows me. We spend a lot of time together,” she laughs, in her habitual cackle. “And the cool thing is, if he’s recording something and I don’t like it, I can be like, ‘No, no, no, I don’t like that. More like this.’ Or I can walk in and be like, ‘Love it. Keep going.’”

It was a song snippet called “Black Star” — intended for her fragrance commercial — that launched the recording process back in November; Lavigne played that intro and two complete tracks for EW called “Everybody Hurts” and “Darlin’.” The first has a trademark Lavigne acoustic beginning, then explodes into a loud chorus of “Everybody hurts some days.”

The second is a love song Lavigne wrote when she was 15: “I always really liked this song,” she says, “and I never recorded it.” There are other songs from her past on the record, too, including one she wrote at 17, and one she wrote at 20. “I always had material, but some people that I worked with didn’t really care, because they wanted to write the stuff,” she says, when asked why the tunes haven’t surfaced before. “Some people were just like, ‘Ah, whatever. You’re a little girl. What do you know?’ I know how this works. It’s my fourth record. It’s not rocket science. I think people doubted me before, and I’m finally just like, ‘I’m doing this.’”

Both new tracks also demonstrate quite clearly that the rapping/Toni Basil affliction that plagued 2007’s The Best Damn Thing has left her system, and she’s back to the emo-heavy strengths of her first two albums. “[Best Damn Thing] was intended to be fun, to be rockin’,” she explains. “All I had in my mind was my live show, running around on stage, getting the crowd involved. This record, I just really, really wanted to sing. We started recording each song, some of them, just with acoustic guitar and the vocal and building it from there. It’s stripped down. I love performing that way, so I really felt like it was time to make a record like that. To just make it all about the vocal and the performance, and the vibe, and the emotion.”

She’s thinking about doing a theater tour in support of the new album, so she can bring that emotion directly to the audience. “I just wanna have silence around me, and have these acoustic songs and really deliver,” she says.

There’s more work to be done before the album release, but Lavigne doesn’t seem to be sweating it. “My new word right now is ‘balance,’” she says. “Work hard, play hard. Maybe that should be the album cover: Work Hard, Play Hard…b***h.” With this, she cracks herself up again. “I swear to God I have not drank anything but green juice today,” she grins. “Why am I acting like this?” Part of it may be that the little sk8er girl is finally growing up, and feels comfortable — and demonstrably happy — making an album that reflects where she is in life right now. “I was always really honest in my lyrics,” she says, “I think more so when I was younger, and now it’s kind of come back to that. Just like, you know what? I’m not trying to write a perfect pop song. I’m just trying to write a song that’s honest right now, even if something sounds weird or a lyric might not make sense to someone.

“I’m turning 25 this year. 25, but not 35! Half of me is really older-acting and the other half is a young spirit. When I’m really old, I think I’ll be crazy, and have a young spirit and be fun. But yeah. I am an adult. But sometimes I still feel like I’m 19.” She guffaws again. “Sometimes I still dress like I’m 19. I don’t think I’ll ever be super mad sophisticated. I think I’ll always be like this.”
                          You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.

Comment

• sbk
                            Superstar
                            • 09 Jun 2007

TBDT was definately her most enjoyable record, no fillers at all. And the poppy songs suit her better than the 'deep singer songwriter' stuff

Comment

• Tom92
                              Legend
                              • 01 Oct 2008

Arghh Can't wait for this. Avril's Great.
                              I'm glad they're going for an Autumn release too, I'd rather have something a little deeper and darker, than a summery 'Girlfriend' type song.

Comment

• TiagoRodrigues
                                Legend
                                • 05 Dec 2006

Originally posted by sbk
                                TBDT was definately her most enjoyable record, no fillers at all. And the poppy songs suit her better than the 'deep singer songwriter' stuff
                                WHAT?! Her last album was one of the worst pop albums ever...and not avril at all!

I prefer the first 2 albums so much more!
                                "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

Comment

• GoodBoyGoneBad
                                  Legend
                                  • 20 Sep 2008

In my opinion Under My Skin is her best album!
                                  My Chart

My Rihanna Countdown

Comment

• firefairyangel
                                    Manager
                                    • 26 Apr 2005

The Best Damn Thing was fun, but I think her first two albums were better overall.

Comment

• jpguy
                                      Legend
                                      • 12 Oct 2007

I want that album ASAP! I love Avril <3

Comment

• CrazyCrazy
                                        Legend
                                        • 06 Jan 2008

Pics are wicked! I'd want more of a rockier edgier sound too, the music I enjoy most is hard hitting, thoughtful, deeeeeeep and touching and I'm interested to see if Avril can deliver that, the pictures suggest a darker sound which is promising, I like her song 'Nobody's Home'.
                                        My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

• mysweetescape
                                          • 29 Oct 2008

Whoo, another album to look forward to

I love all of Avril's albums, I think they're all so fantastic, I can't pick a favourite, but Let Go really stands out.

TBDT was a brilliant pop album IMO, but the singles were poor. "Girlfriend" was a fantastic lead single, but should've been had "Runaway", "Contagious" and "Innocence" as the following singles.

I'm kinda glad she's going back to her "emo" sounding, but I will miss the poppier stuff
                                          Song of the Moment:
                                          She Wolf - Shakira

Comment

Working...