Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avril Lavigne

New Avril 'o9

Max Martin has revealed in his latest interview that he is working on new material currently with Backstreet Boys, Avril Lavigne and Emma Bunton. BSB and Lavigne are set to release new stuff later this year, but ex-Spice Girl star Emma has been keeping it low key with music since 2005. Max is responsible for some of the biggest hits from late 90's to fresh hits like "Hot n Cold", "So What" ,"If U Seek Amy" and "My Life Would Suck Without You".

And Isaac Carpenter has a new picture on MySpace with the tagline, "prodcuing Avril Lavigne."

Avril and Max worked together before on the tracks Alone and I Will Be.
    They call it the Church of Hot Addiction

I don't want this album to be too pop like last time. I'd like a mix of both Under My Skin & The Best Damn Thing.

Comment

Oh, new Avril

I'd really like her to go back to Under My Skin music, even though Girlfriend was pretty fun!

Comment

Looking forwards to this lots. Im hoping for some organic modern Rock.

Reckon we'll have to wait until 2010 though

Comment

Her look from The Best Damn Thing album was an upgrade but I prefered her Under My Skin stuff. So a mix between the two would be excellent.
          They call it the Church of Hot Addiction

Comment

can't wait..

Comment

I love her songs 'Hot' and 'Nobody's Home', hope she does stuff like that! She isn't my fave but I'm starting to like her!
              My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

Originally posted by crazycrazy
                I love her songs 'Hot' and 'Nobody's Home', hope she does stuff like that! She isn't my fave but I'm starting to like her!
                Same.
                Originally posted by Thriller
                Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

Comment

Oh cannot wait. The Best Damn Thing was awesome. Actually I like all her albums I hope she releases a singles compilation after this.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this... but I'm hoping it won't be like "The Best Damn Thing", and more like her previous stuff, but a logical progression from THAT.
                    Freaky Fly Bry's Top 100

M4B Charts Central

Comment

Originally posted by kushi
                      Originally posted by crazycrazy
                      Same.
                      Love that song! Probably the only one (almost) of hers I really like ^^
                      My Music Blog - PopStonesHeroes.com

My Facebook

Comment

I hope it's closer to Under My Skin. I liked Best Damn Thing, and I understand why she made it (she said it was so she'd have fun songs to perform on tours). But Avril's best material is generally when she's darker/more mature (My Happy Ending, Nobody's Home, Fall to Pieces)

Comment

Originally posted by firefairyangel
                          I hope it's closer to Under My Skin. I liked Best Damn Thing, and I understand why she made it (she said it was so she'd have fun songs to perform on tours). But Avril's best material is generally when she's darker/more mature (My Happy Ending, Nobody's Home, Fall to Pieces)
                          agree I'm soo exited
                          I hope your happy now

Comment

I much prefer her first two albums to the poppy 'The Best Damn Thing' which was good, but just lacked substance.

Under My Skin is deep and powerful so I hope she goes back to that vein. Also, I hope she can have more than 2 successful singles off the album since the last two albums have seriously faultered in that aspect
                            You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Cannot Wait. Hope it's better than her previous effort!

Comment

Originally posted by gillyberto
                                Cannot Wait. Hope it's better than her previous effort!
                                Here's my problem Her first too album are my favorite and are two of the first album I've ever owned but her last album had some tracks on it so i would want it to be 70% first two album 20% POP rock and 10% POP
                                I hope your happy now

Comment

I love her! I want this album!!

Comment

I don't have any of her albums, but my favourite singles era was 'Under My Skin' (bar 'Hey Wasn't' :-?)

(but she is consistently good)

Just read that 'Let Go' sold 18mil and 'Under My Skin' sold 12mil They must have come out just before the sales slumped! Looking at the stats, she's doing very well to have her lowest selling album at 6mil, but it'll be a big struggle to pull that off in 2009.
                                    Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

Originally posted by JimJim
                                      I don't have any of her albums, but my favourite singles era was 'Under My Skin' (bar 'Hey Wasn't' :-?)

(but she is consistently good)

Just read that 'Let Go' sold 18mil and 'Under My Skin' sold 12mil They must have come out just before the sales slumped! Looking at the stats, she's doing very well to have her lowest selling album at 6mil, but it'll be a big struggle to pull that off in 2009.
                                      Correction: LET GO = 16 million aprox. and UMS never sold 12! lol... too high, she sold aprox. 8 million with it...

Comment

You are correct, somehow I managed to not realise that the wiki article and the source said diff numbers :-?
                                        Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

OMG I can't wait, I LOVED The Best Damn Thing, But I also LOVED Under My Skin, so a mix between the two would be perfect

Comment

I feel like despite the fact that she's highly criticized, she started the pop rock trend... and anyone who came before her were treated as "Avril-esque" lol... Miley, Hilary Duff, Belinda, Kelly Clarkson, Demi Lovato

Comment

Oooh Avril, I loved her first CD.
                                              I hated the fashion trends she started with teens.
                                              I haven't liked anything she has done since her first CD.
                                              Maybe she will go back to her "roots"??
                                              Who knows.
                                              So take me and break me and make me strong like you.I'll be forever grateful to this and you.

Comment

Originally posted by CAyoungtalent
                                                Who knows.
                                                u hatin' on everyone don't cha? stop it... I like her music, and she's the trend-setter on the pop rock scene this decade...

Comment

Originally posted by jpguy
                                                  Originally posted by CAyoungtalent
                                                  Who knows.
                                                  u hatin' on everyone don't cha? stop it... I like her music, and she's the trend-setter on the pop rock scene this decade...
                                                  I'm not trying to hate on anyone! I was just expressing my opinion. I love Avril's old stuff!
                                                  So take me and break me and make me strong like you.I'll be forever grateful to this and you.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X