No announcement yet.

Cyndi Lauper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's why I think she should release a new one. It could cover her entire career and actually be useful unlike the rest.

Comment

The "True Colors: The Best of Cyndi Lauper" compilation is probably the best one on the market. It has a great balance between her '80s hits and latter material from the '90s. I certainly wouldn't mind a Cyndi box set retrospective that features singles and album tracks from the '80s to present day, b-sides, demos, live tracks, remixes, etc. Actually I wouldn't mind if they released two disc deluxe editions of She's So Unusual, True Colors and A Night to Remember.

Comment

Sisters of Avalon and Hat full of stars are her best album ( I love alternative Cyndi) Shine is amazing too.

Comment

So, technically, Cyndi Lauper‘s debut solo LP She’s So Unusual was released in October 1983, and this would then be the year of its 31st anniversary — but who’s counting, anyway? Sony’s Legacy Recordings division will issue She’s So Unusual: A 30th Anniversary Celebration on April 1 as a two-disc commemoration of current Grammy nominee Lauper’s classic album featuring hits like “Girls Just Want To Have Fun,” “Time After Time,” “She Bop” and “All Through The Night.” Included as bonus tracks on the first disc will be a Yolanda Be Cool remix of the LP’s first single/MTV staple “Girls Just Want To Have Fun,” plus two mixes of chart-topper “Time After Time,” by Nervo and Bent Collective.

Demos, a live recording and studio sessions make up the second disc, while Jancee Dunn, who co-wrote 2012 book Cyndi Lauper: A Memoir with the singer, penned the set’s liner notes.

cyndi wins a tony for 'kinky boots'

Cyndi currently stands to win a Best Musical Theater Album Grammy this Sunday (January 26) for her Kinky Boots score. She picked up a Tony Award for the same musical last year. Surprisingly, Cyndi, a 15-time Grammy nominee, has only ever won for Best New Artist, in 1985.

A press release notes that the She’s So Unusual re-release will also be made available as a solo CD (with just the three remixes as bonus material) and a one-LP vinyl record.

Also included with the package: A reusable sticker set, including vinyl cut outs of Lauper’s trademark outfits and accessories “that can be arranged in different combinations on a 3D fold-out backdrop of the bedroom featured in her iconic ‘Girls Just Want To Have Fun” music video’.”

She’s So Unusual: A 30th Anniversary Celebration (DELUXE EDITION)

Disc One:
          1. Money Changes Everything
          2. Girls Just Want To Have Fun
          3. When You Were Mine
          4. Time After Time
          5. She Bop
          6. All Through The Night
          7. Witness
          8. I’ll Kiss You
          9. He’s So Unusual
          10. Yeah Yeah

Bonus Tracks:
          1. Girls Just Want To Have Fun (2013 Yolanda Be Cool Remix)
          2. Time After Time (2013 Nervo Remix)
          3. Time After Time (2013 Bent Collective Remix)

Disc 2
          1. Girls Just Want To Have Fun 3:31 (Early Guitar Demo)
          2. All Through The Night 5:21 (1982 rehearsal, with studio dialog)
          3. Rules And Regulations 2:39 (1982 Rehearsal)
          4. Money Changes Everything 5:06 (Demo)
          5. Girls Just Want To Have Fun 3:21 (Demo)
          6. Right Train, Wrong Track (Non LP B-Side) 4:40
          7. Witness 3:40 (Live, Boston, 1984)
          8. She Bop (1983 Arthur Baker Remix)
          9. Time After Time 4:01 (Work In Progress Rough Mix)

http://www.idolator.com/7502374/cyndi-l ... nniversary
          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

I just read that Cyndi won another Grammy

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay
              So, technically, Cyndi Lauper‘s debut solo LP She’s So Unusual was released in October 1983, and this would then be the year of its 31st anniversary — but who’s counting, anyway? Sony’s Legacy Recordings division will issue She’s So Unusual: A 30th Anniversary Celebration on April 1 as a two-disc commemoration of current Grammy nominee Lauper’s classic album featuring hits like “Girls Just Want To Have Fun,” “Time After Time,” “She Bop” and “All Through The Night.” Included as bonus tracks on the first disc will be a Yolanda Be Cool remix of the LP’s first single/MTV staple “Girls Just Want To Have Fun,” plus two mixes of chart-topper “Time After Time,” by Nervo and Bent Collective.

Demos, a live recording and studio sessions make up the second disc, while Jancee Dunn, who co-wrote 2012 book Cyndi Lauper: A Memoir with the singer, penned the set’s liner notes.

cyndi wins a tony for 'kinky boots'

Cyndi currently stands to win a Best Musical Theater Album Grammy this Sunday (January 26) for her Kinky Boots score. She picked up a Tony Award for the same musical last year. Surprisingly, Cyndi, a 15-time Grammy nominee, has only ever won for Best New Artist, in 1985.

A press release notes that the She’s So Unusual re-release will also be made available as a solo CD (with just the three remixes as bonus material) and a one-LP vinyl record.

Also included with the package: A reusable sticker set, including vinyl cut outs of Lauper’s trademark outfits and accessories “that can be arranged in different combinations on a 3D fold-out backdrop of the bedroom featured in her iconic ‘Girls Just Want To Have Fun” music video’.”

She’s So Unusual: A 30th Anniversary Celebration (DELUXE EDITION)

Disc One:
              1. Money Changes Everything
              2. Girls Just Want To Have Fun
              3. When You Were Mine
              4. Time After Time
              5. She Bop
              6. All Through The Night
              7. Witness
              8. I’ll Kiss You
              9. He’s So Unusual
              10. Yeah Yeah

Bonus Tracks:
              1. Girls Just Want To Have Fun (2013 Yolanda Be Cool Remix)
              2. Time After Time (2013 Nervo Remix)
              3. Time After Time (2013 Bent Collective Remix)

Disc 2
              1. Girls Just Want To Have Fun 3:31 (Early Guitar Demo)
              2. All Through The Night 5:21 (1982 rehearsal, with studio dialog)
              3. Rules And Regulations 2:39 (1982 Rehearsal)
              4. Money Changes Everything 5:06 (Demo)
              5. Girls Just Want To Have Fun 3:21 (Demo)
              6. Right Train, Wrong Track (Non LP B-Side) 4:40
              7. Witness 3:40 (Live, Boston, 1984)
              8. She Bop (1983 Arthur Baker Remix)
              9. Time After Time 4:01 (Work In Progress Rough Mix)

http://www.idolator.com/7502374/cyndi-l ... nniversary
              What a great little package, though it would have been great if all the '80s remixes had been included.

Comment

Originally posted by NightMoves
                I just read that Cyndi won another Grammy
                She did!

Best Musical Theater Album
                Winner
                Kinky Boots
                Billy Porter & Stark Sands, principal soloists; Sammy James Jr., Cyndi Lauper, Stephen Oremus & William Wittman, producers; Cyndi Lauper, composer & lyricist (Original Broadway Cast With Stark Sands, Billy Porter & Others)
                Label: Masterworks Broadway

I thought Motown was going to win , very glad I was wrong!

Comment

Does anybody know why When You Were Mine is not on Spotify? (Only two live versions are on Spotify.)

Comment

I wish more people talked about Cyndi Lauper lol. Apparently she is now well again and will be working on a new album soon

Comment

Does anybody know why When You Were Mine is not on Spotify? (Only two live versions are on Spotify.)
                      Prince.

Comment

Hope we'll get a new album in the near-future
                        My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

Originally posted by Brad
                          Prince.
                          I'm surprised since Prince only wrote the song and had nothing else to do with Cyndi's version that he would have the power to get the song removed.

I know Beatles aren't available on streaming sites but you can find plenty of cover versions of their songs.

Comment

Prince.
                            Bit strange though.

He also wrote four songs for Martika's album "Martika's Kitchen" and those songs are on Spotify.
                            And he wrote a song for Celine Dion's album "celine dion" called With This Tear, which is on Spotify.

Comment

she's making a country album apparently. She said so on an episode of This Morning recently

Comment

Prince.
                                Bit strange though.

He also wrote four songs for Martika's album "Martika's Kitchen" and those songs are on Spotify.
                                And he wrote a song for Celine Dion's album "celine dion" called With This Tear, which is on Spotify.
                                They're only written by him. I

This is Prince and copyright. He'll take down every cover he possibly can because he's a complete testicle.

Comment

I'm thinking her country album will probably be more in the folk-vein, like "The Body Acoustic" as opposed to full on Nashville country-pop.

Comment

That would be wonderful.

Comment

I'm not sure, the country album could be full blown Nashville. She said in that same interview she is at a stage in her career where she wants to do things she never had the chance to. That's exactly what she has been doing the last few years with a blues album which was very different to anything she ever did before and obviously with the musical. Speaking of Kinky Boots, it's finally opening in the West End, I wonder if it will have the same success this side of the pond

Comment

So I just went and saw KINKY BOOTS live in London

It's so good

Good job cyndi

Comment

Ive always loved this woman.
                                          [youtube:1q4aelii]OpUVylRPoqk[/youtube:1q4aelii]

Comment

I've always thought Cyndi had a lot of class. I saw that awhile back and loved her attitude about that.

Throw in Michael Jackson to the list, and those artists aforementioned were basically all the artists who mattered to me when I was little as well

Comment

Will always support her and yes she did sign my She's so unusual lp but the 3 times I met her she had quite a nasty attitude.

Met Madonna once and she smiled and winked at me.

Will always love both, but just sharing my experience.
                                              “B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”

Comment

Originally posted by Mikerocha
                                                Will always support her and yes she did sign my She's so unusual lp but the 3 times I met her she had quite a nasty attitude.
                                                You're not the first to say that. I've never actually met her but I've come close before (I was less than a foot away from her in 2002 when she opened for Cher and walked through the audience, and I was maybe 10 feet away from her a few years ago when she was in town on a parade) and people have said very negative things about her. The one thing I remember the most when I was so close in 2002 was that she was incredibly pale.

Comment

Yeah I don't want to accuse something. maybeshe could have had 3 bad days with me. but I heard many times too.

I was a little sad as I grew up loving her
                                                  “B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”

Comment

Aww she seemed like such a genuinely nice person :x

But I love her music and her New York accent
                                                    Please Stop the Music

Comment

Originally posted by Mikerocha
                                                      Yeah I don't want to accuse something. maybeshe could have had 3 bad days with me. but I heard many times too.

I was a little sad as I grew up loving her
                                                      oh, I don't doubt you... I've heard multiple times how unpleasant she is.

I remember the clip of her on Celebrity Apprentice where another woman in her group told her outright she was disappointed in realizing how Cyndi is in real life because she always admired her growing up, and Cyndi was blunt with "never meet your idols" to her.

Comment

Nasty in what way? Can you be specific? I met her once and she made me feel veey welcome abd I saw her on the Apprentice and she seemed very endearing, she lost her temper like everyone did. I think ahes a very insecure person though so maybe she gets very agitated and probably has a chip on her shoulder that her career fell apart by the end of the 80s

Comment

Cyndi Lauper to Receive Logo's 2017 Trailblazer Honor
                                                          Logo is honoring Cyndi Lauper later this month at its Trailblazer Honors for her longtime advocacy work for the LGBT community.

The television network praised the 63-year-old singer-songwriter for her advocacy through song and theater. She co-founded the True Colors Fund in 2008 to help address homelessness among LGBT youth.

The 2017 Trailblazer Honors will be held in New York on June 22 and will air as an hourlong special the following day on VH1 and Logo.
                                                          http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... azer-honor
                                                          Whitney Houston

Comment

Prince.
                                                            Bit strange though.

They're only written by him. I

This is Prince and copyright. He'll take down every cover he possibly can because he's a complete testicle.
                                                            All these songs are on Spotify now. Very happy as When You Were Mine is one of my all time favorite Cyndi songs.

Comment

Despite the current surge in Christmas songs being streamed on YouTube, Cyndi Laupers ‘Girls Just Wanna Have Fun’ is raking up almost half a million streams a day. Almost at 500m YouTube streams and for a song that is 34 years old that’s hella impressive.

Such a huge classic.

One of the greatest pop songs of all time imo, this song will live on FOREVER.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X