No announcement yet.

ABBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NME have posted a new interview with the producers of the Voyage Show. They confirm it’s not a hologram show so is nothing like the Whitney show, and that ABBA performed additional songs so that the set list can be changed.

Words are useless, especially sentences.
    they don’t stand for anything.
    How could they explain how I feel?

Comment

• Im still listening to don't shut me down. Omg. What a jam. The lyrics and production. Bang. Its perfect. I'm so happy they are back
      Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• David Dobrik - a youtube content creator and vlogger who regualrly used ABBA song on his videos - made an emotional musical montage of him and his friends while he is back in his home country Slovakia. He used the new song I still have faith in you. It was really emotional the song and the circumstances he is in right now. He is really a big ABBA fan

Comment

• 'The Sun' has taken Agnetha's Swedish Interview, and turned it into something very negative.

The Agnetha Article From 'The Sun' -- Monday 20th September:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...ogether-again/

Zeus555

Comment

• I still think/hope they’ll do another new album after Voyage. They clearly enjoyed making new music to the extent they wanted to do a full album, and I suspect that songwriting bug will take hold again.

A nice round 10 studio albums sounds right.

Comment

• My singles choices for ABBA (not all from them are my favourites) :

Ring Ring
              1. People Need Love
              2. Ring Ring
              3. Nina, Pretty Ballerina

Waterloo
              4. Waterloo
              5. Honey Honey
              6. Hasta Manana

ABBA
              7. I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do
              8. S.O.S.
              9. Mamma Mia

Arrival
              10. Dancing Queen
              11. When I Kissed The Teacher
              12. Knowing Me, Knowing You
              13. That's Me
              14. Money Money Money

The Album
              15. The Name of the Game
              16. Take A Chance On Me
              17. Thank You For The Music (or "The Girl With The Golden Hair" EP)

Voulez-Vous
              18. Voulez-Vous / Angeleyes
              19. As Good As New
              20. Kisses Of Fire
              21. I Have A Dream

Non-album single
              22. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)

Super Trouper
              23. The Winner Takes It All
              24. Happy New Year
              25. Super Trouper

The Visitors
              26. One Of Us
              27. Head Over Heels
              28. When All Is Said And Done
              My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
              In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

• For UK ABBA Fans -- There is an 8 Page, (all in Colour), 'ABBA Special' in today's,
                (Thursday September 23rd), 'Daily Mirror'. It is very interesting.

Bjorn is already being asked, if the 10 Tracks of 'Voyage', will be used to make a 3rd 'Mamma Mia!'
                Film! As if there are no 'Old' ABBA Songs left to use! Also - As if every Track on 'Voyage' would be
                suitable! Such a silly Question, and just a few Weeks after the Album was announced!

Link To Bjorn's Answer to the 'Voyage'/'Mamma Mia! 3' Question:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...s-out-25048415

Zeus555

Comment

• Elsewhere - Someone has added the 'Voyage' Track List -
                  with the alleged/claimed Times of each Track.

01. I Still Have Faith In You -- 5.09

02. When You Danced With Me -- 2.50

03. Little Things -- 3.08

04. Don’t Shut Me Down -- 3.59

05. Just A Notion -- 3.32

06. I Can Be That Woman -- 4.01

07. Keep An Eye On Dan -- 4.05

08. Bumblebee -- 3.57

09. No Doubt About It -- 2.56

10. Ode To Freedom -- 3.32

Zeus555
                  Last edited by zeus555; Sun September 26, 2021, 12:43.

Comment

• I thought that the ABBA Fans here, would like to see this Article from a Swedish News Paper. It tells us more
                    about the 'Voyage Album. It was put on a Face Book ABBA Group today:

In a long interview in Swedish paper Expressen Bernard Löhr, who has been working with Abbas' music for 15 years, talks about the secret details behind the new plate.- They said it was nervous a couple of weeks before that Thursday, Benny and Björn were both nervous, he says.What can you tell us about the new album?- It is a fairly wide disc, it is quite a lot different but there is a bit of each. There are some ballads, some pop songs, but I do not want to say too much, they have to tell it themselves.He goes on to say that Abba has a kind of veto rule which means that if someone in the band does not like the song, it is deleted.- One of the songs has been remade several times. It is the final song on the album and is a kind of anthem. It is called "Ode to freedom". The name has been circulating on the internet, so I can confirm that.It is also known that it is a Christmas song on the record. In an interview with Radio Tyresö, Bernard Löhr said that it is called "Little things".- It is very simple, in terms of recording it did not take that long. There are only two voices, some keyboards and stuff. There are not even drums on that song.When "The winner takes it all" was released in 1980, it was speculated that the song was about the divorce between Agnetha Fältskog and Björn Ulvaeus, something that was later also confirmed.- Björn wrote it about us after our marriage fell apart. The fact that he wrote it just when we divorced is touching in fact, Agnetha Fältskog told Expressen in 2013.Will there be something similar on the new album?- There are such pieces in the whole thing, I think, absolutely. There are some sad songs, but many happy ones too, of course.The sad songs?- They perhaps reflect something, but still with some kind of positive turn at the end.There is still a lot of work for Bernard Löhr before he finishes his own contribution in "Abba Voyage", but even if the decision is not his, he is clear on one point:- It would be fun to do more.- It's fun that everyone thinks it's so fun. It is not something that has to be squeezed out, but it is sitting there in some way.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@'

Zeus555

Comment

• How great their classics are. I am amazed again today after hearing their songs. They are pieces of art. It tells everything that today's music is pure shi* and lost beauty and humanity. Like born said, wheres the heart?
                      Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• More about the Recording of 'Voyage':

Some more reflections from Bernard Löhr in his work together with Abba!
                        40 years after Agnetha, Björn, Benny and Anni-Frid went their separate ways, the group is now reunited and releasing a new album.

Bernard Löhr from Karlskoga has handled the work in the studio and is the residents' tool in the pursuit of pop perfection. Previously, in close collaboration with Björn Ulvaeus and Benny Andersson, he has recorded Abbasongs with, among others, Meryl Streep, Stellan Skarsgård, Cher and Colin Firth. Then to the "Mamma Mia!" movies. But it is only now that he has recorded Abba songs with Abba.

During the band's first heyday, that task was usually handled by sound genius Michael B. Tretow. Now it is Bernard Löhr from Värmland who bears the responsibility as sound and studio technician. He got to know Benny Andersson in the late 80's and has been Andersson's right hand man in the studio for many years. While working on the new album, Bernard has been the fifth in the room.

- It was a special feeling, Bernard Löhr begins.
                        - The recordings started with a song sketch from Benny, Bernard Löhr continues.
                        - Then we picked up musicians, from drums and guitar to strings, and together with Benny's finesse built up the songs. All work has been done at the National Mixing Agency and in Mono Music Studio, both on Skeppsholmen in Stockholm.

It all started in May 24, 2017. They began the recording of "I Still Have Faith in You" which also became the first single.
                        - When the music itself, the basics, have been finished, the girls, or women, I must say, have come in and put on their song. They really thought it was great fun.

From the beginning, only two songs were made without any direct plans for more.
                        - In January 2019, we continued with a few more songs and the rest are recorded this year."
                        - Agnetha and Anni-Frid had not sung together in over 35 years when they now sat opposite each other at each other Didrik De Geer microphone and I pressed the rec button.
                        But their voices sat together! Just like they always have.
                        That sound that their voices create together - that no one else has managed to recreate remained. It was both strange and fun to hear. A large part of the band's magic is in those voices, right?

- Mmm, that's it. Plus then of course the songs themselves. The sound of their voices together, there is nothing else that sounds like it. It is of course a very cool job to try to capture - record - that magic in the best possible way.
                        - But it's not just about the technical, it is important that those who are to sing or play feel comfortable in their role. That it sounds like they want in the headphones for example. Agnetha and Anni-Frid also want to be able to see each other when they sing, they sink through eye contact.
                        It was a bit nervous before everyone got started and felt comfortable.

It's 40 years since the band split - how was the atmosphere in the studio?
                        - It was probably as if the break never existed. Everyone thought it was very fun, everyone was involved and wanted to test new ideas and experiment. It was never just a song and then you went home. Everyone wanted it to be as good as possible.
                        - Mostly it was just the four of us in the studio, some dog sometimes.

Did you have an ambition to recreate a classic Abba sound or did you want it to sound here and now?
                        - No, I did not listen to the old records to keep that sound fresh in my memory. It is rather the sound that is in Benny's compositions. In addition, we use some musicians who were in the old days - guitarist Lasse Wellander and drummer Per Lindvall for example.
                        All in all, it probably gives an Abba sound no matter how we try to twist and turn it.
                        And when the voices come in, it will be Abba immediately.

As studio technicians, will you be Björn and Benny's tools when they have to carve out their ideas?

- Yes, that's it. I have worked with Benny for a very long time and usually know how he wants it. But he is also very impulsive in the studio, constantly coming up with new ideas. So for me, it is important to always be quick and open to new grips.
                        Have all four always been in the studio at the same time?
                        - Yes, when we have made a song order. Sometimes we have worked one by one with certain parties. But there are a lot of choirs and parts. Then they always sing at the same time. There is a lot of talk about Benny's role because he is responsible for most of the music, how would you describe Björn's role in these songs?
                        - He is involved all the time. I think his lyrics are divinely good on this record. There is an incredible amount of work behind it.
                        There is always a kind of story in the songs. Somehow I feel that the lyrics are often about themselves.

How have you experienced the enormous attention that the reunion, the album and the upcoming Abbatar show have garnered?
                        - I had a feeling it would be great. We met the record company, Universal, before the launch and they told us that this was the biggest thing they had done.
                        And the biggest thing they will do at all, because there is nothing that could be as big.
                        But that it would be this big ...

Was there any nervousness about how the new songs would be received?
                        - Yes of course. We thought many times during the work about how the reception would be. Most seem very positive.
                        "I Still Have Faith in You" I think is one of the best things Abba has done. And "Don't Shut Me Down" is very Abba-like.
                        It even has the galloping Benny piano.
                        - Haha yeah!
                        There are several winks to classic Abba grips on the album, I can reveal.

@@'@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Zeus555

Comment

• Can’t wait for this to smash.

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicLover88 View Post
                            Can’t wait for this to smash.
                            I suspect sales will be front loaded and the hype quickly subside as there’s some big profile releases coming after it, including Adele. Then streaming will probably kill it in December as everyone switches to Christmas music.

Comment

• Meh Abba is a perfect Christmas gift.
                              And preorders are already huge in many markets so even if it is frontloaded, it’ll still do extremely well.
                              Last edited by MusicLover88; Sat October 9, 2021, 22:39.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

I suspect sales will be front loaded and the hype quickly subside as there’s some big profile releases coming after it, including Adele. Then streaming will probably kill it in December as everyone switches to Christmas music.
                                Streaming kills the singles chart in December but not the albums chart. The only Christmas album that will very likely re-enter the top 10 in December is the one by Michael Bublé.

I think that 'Voyage' will enter the charts at number one, stay there for one or two weeks and then remain in the top 5 or top 10 until the end of December.
                                ABBA - The Survivor

Comment

• Originally posted by Benny View Post

Streaming kills the singles chart in December but not the albums chart. The only Christmas album that will very likely re-enter the top 10 in December is the one by Michael Bublé.

I think that 'Voyage' will enter the charts at number one, stay there for one or two weeks and then remain in the top 5 or top 10 until the end of December.
                                  That is true, but when people are streaming Christmas songs they aren’t streaming albums. So there’s a knock on effect.

Comment

• It is claimed that the next ABBA Single will be out Next Week.

It is ABBA's Re-Recording, of their 1978 Song 'Just A Notion'. That was
                                    partly, (1.38), Released in the October 1994 ABBA Box Set, 'Thank You
                                    For The Music'. ABBA allowed the Swedish ABBA Tribute Act - Arrival
                                    - to Release a complete 3.45 version, in 1999.

ABBA have Re-Recorded their 1978 Vocals, and added a New Backing Track.

Zeus555

Comment

• Originally posted by zeus555 View Post
                                      It is claimed that the next ABBA Single will be out Next Week.

It is ABBA's Re-Recording, of their 1978 Song 'Just A Notion'. That was
                                      partly, (1.38), Released in the October 1994 ABBA Box Set, 'Thank You
                                      For The Music'. ABBA allowed the Swedish ABBA Tribute Act - Arrival
                                      - to Release a complete 3.45 version, in 1999.

ABBA have Re-Recorded their 1978 Vocals, and added a New Backing Track.

Zeus555

OMG I can't wait already. I've tremendously enjoyed two released new ones so far and love dsmd so much. To be Further they release another one. Its surreal after 40 years.

Comment

• I've never been a big fan of the 'Just a Notion' snippet featured in 'ABBA Undeleted'. It's not bad but nothing special in my opinion.
                                        Like many other fans, I would have preferred them to finally release 'Just Like That'.
                                        But let's see how the new version of 'Just a Notion' will sound.
                                        ABBA - The Survivor

Comment

• By far one of my fave Abba songs…

Comment

Working...
                                          X