ABBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABBA

The majority of pop singers/groups would not be here today if it weren't for these people!
    Their songs are timeless, and they're still shifting thousands of records today. Definitely one of the most influential pop bands of all time, and my favourite group ever.

They've had some classic hits, but I much prefer the lesser known ones
    So when I speak, listen

Legends.

One of the best pop groups ever, and like you said, groundbreaking. They've had so many great songs, I don't even know where to begin I do like pretty much all of their big hits though.
    Freaky Fly Bry's Top 100

M4B Charts Central

Comment

i really hate them with passion
      KUBA'S CHART

Comment

This band is amazing : again today, they are always very popular all around the world ! I love all their songs : impossible to say a favourite in this impressive discography.

Comment

Check my lastfm.

Comment

Never heard of 'em.

Comment

Love them! My favorite band of all time.
              Their best fo me is Money x3, followed by Gimme x3

Comment

CREATORS OF POP - END OF.
                LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

ABBA have been much more than their music to me and music-wise I cannot compare them to anyone else. The only band I was / will ever be a fan of in the literal sense of the word.

Comment

They are the greatest group ever with the exception of The Beatles IMO.
                    My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

Originally posted by NothingFails
                      Agree with that but I add the Bee Gees !

Comment

Re: Abba

Originally posted by martinp
                        Same! Do PM me your favourites
                        I sing for the things money can't buy me.

Comment

Sorry but The Beatles are overrated nonsense 90% of the time. No wonder - they were always high!

And the majority of ABBA's songs had deeper meanings than what a walrus was doing in an octupus's garden on top of a submarine... or whatever. :x

Comment

Originally posted by theberen
                            Sorry but The Beatles are overrated nonsense 90% of the time. No wonder - they were always high!

And the majority of ABBA's songs had deeper meanings than what a walrus was doing in an octupus's garden on top of a submarine... or whatever. :x

You gotta admit ABBA had their nonsense too tho... Dum Dum Diddle? Bang-A-Boomerang? LOL

they're catchy fun songs but meaningless, lol
                            My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

Well those titles are pretty loony BUT the lyrics of those songs at least deal with love and relationships not animals and fruit and random women who have nobody at their funerals.

Comment

Well those titles are pretty loony BUT the lyrics of those songs at least deal with love and relationships not animals and fruit and random women who have nobody at their funerals.
                                As you can tell from my avatar, I am a Beatles fan, but I have to admit that this post made me LOL! That last line about "nobody at their funerals" is especially hilarious! Cheers for a morning laugh, theberen!
                                "And keep reaching for the stars...." Casey Kasem RIP 1932-2014

Comment

Re: Abba

Originally posted by martinp
                                  Same! Do PM me your favourites
                                  I'll post in here They have so many underrated songs!

Summer Night City
                                  As Good As New
                                  Dream World
                                  The Day Before You Came
                                  You Owe Me One
                                  That's Me
                                  Hovas Vittne
                                  Head Over Heels
                                  Slipping Through My Fingers
                                  Hole In Your Soul
                                  Our Last Summer
                                  The Way Old Friends Do
                                  Kisses Of Fire
                                  So when I speak, listen

Comment

tdc2000 - you are very welcome However, I'm sure what made you laugh more, as fan, was my naivety at not understanding the ESSENCE and BEAUTY of Beatles music

And Martin - Hovas Vittne - a rare ABBA song like Just Like That but I haven't heard of - or just an extreme typo? :-?

Comment

Not a typo and not so rare either - in the internet era, what is rare?
                                      Jolly song that one.

Comment

You can find it on Youtube, I think it was released as a single in Sweden in 1980!
                                        So when I speak, listen

Comment

Stig's birthday song? :-?

Comment

Yeah I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Grybop
                                              Yeah I love it!
                                              I don't think I can bring myself to listen to it yet! Wikipedia says it's in reference to Jehovah's Witnesses :-?

Comment

Unless you know Swedish, you won't understand a word anyway
                                                Do check out the rest of the songs Martin suggested, it's a good list. I'd also add Eagle,

Thing with ABBA was that almost every song they recorded was single material.

Comment

Unless you know Swedish, you won't understand a word anyway
                                                  Do check out the rest of the songs Martin suggested, it's a good list. I'd also add Eagle,

Thing with ABBA was that almost every song they recorded was single material.
                                                  Oh I know all the others he mentioned

Not sure about Eagle though. It's a bit... well, who cares if you're an Eagle?

Comment

Glenn Frey does

Comment

Glenn Frey does
                                                      Who's that?

Comment

I recently bought Abba - Gold and it's a pop masterpiece, every track is great. It's one of those albums that every home should own.
                                                        Without Any Meaning / We're Just Skin & Bone / Like Beautiful Robots Dancing Alone.

Comment

Not sure about Eagle though. It's a bit... who cares if you're an Eagle?
                                                          Glenn Frey does
                                                          Who's that?
                                                          One of the Eagles, the band that is.
                                                          Bad pun inspired by your capital E.

Comment

'Eagle' is about Freedom. Some say that it is
                                                            also a Tribute to The Eagles:,

They came flying from far away,
                                                            now I'm under their spell,
                                                            I love hearing the stories that they tell.
                                                            They've seen places beyond my land,
                                                            and they've found new horizons
                                                            They speak strangely but I understand

ABBA are fantastic!!!!!

Zeus555

Comment

Working...
                                                            X