Metallica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metallica

...discuss. Because anything else that might otherwise fit in Rock/Indie/Metal is getting buried just like I predicted.

I never liked 'em much but I've been getting more into them recently for reasons I don't quite know. '...And Justice For All' is probably getting the most play out of the albums I've got, which to be fair is only five, but shh.

Go.
    This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.

Metallica have made some solid records in their time.

I thought "Death Magnetic" was a massive leap up from "St. Anger" - which is one of the worst albums I've ever heard.

My favourite will always be between the black album, and "Master Of Puppets". Tracks like "Batterly" and "The Unforgiven" will never get old for me.

Comment

I like me some Metallica but it's always so hard for me to get through their albums... gotta admit, I prefer individual tracks
      for some reason... I'm here

Comment

The first 5 albums - class
        The folowing 3 - below average
        St Anger - awful
        Death Magnetic - almost back to form.

All in all, classic band.
        Let's have a second referendum

Comment

I like a few of their songs, particularly during the Black Album era. "Enter Sandman", "Nothing Else Matters" and "The Unforgiven" are among my favourites from them.

Agreed that "St. Anger" was horrible though. What were they thinking?
          Freaky Fly Bry's Top 100

M4B Charts Central

Comment

I really don't know. The production was dire. It sounded as if they were playing the drums on trash cans. I know it was supposed to sound as if they were playing in a garage, but still... :-?

Comment

Enter Sandman and all of The Black Album/ Metallica is great- One is a classic. Other albums have been sporadically good.
              Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sambo9
                I really don't know. The production was dire. It sounded as if they were playing the drums on trash cans. I know it was supposed to sound as if they were playing in a garage, but still... :-?
                Yeah, it just sounded like they recorded it in a skip.

Also, the award for least likely Metallica fan goes to...
                This post is highly unlikely to be serious. Please treat it accordingly. Unless it's music-related, in which case I'm damn well right.

Comment

Hmmm...Great guys, i must say. They really got power. But in between i really lost interest in them. Death Magnetic got me listening to them again, but not for too long.

Comment

One of my favourite bands of all time!

My fav studio albums:
                    1. Master Of Puppets
                    2. ...And Justice For All
                    3. Ride The Lightning
                    4. Kill 'Em All
                    5. Death Magnetic
                    6. Metallica
                    7. St Anger

The remaining two dont deserve a ranking in my reckoning!

Comment

Originally posted by John
                      Originally posted by sambo9
                      Yeah, it just sounded like they recorded it in a skip.

Also, the award for least likely Metallica fan goes to...

I've been a minor fan for about four years. My brother is a bigger fan, he's seen them live about six times.

Comment

I must check their concert tonight at the Rock in Rio Lisboa, on TV.

Hope they perform Nothing Else Matters, one of my favourite songs of all time.

Comment

They should finally do Kill em ALL Live!!

Is their best album!!
                          But that's the way I like it baby I don't want to live forever
                          and don't forget the joker

Comment

The Black Album >>> Master of Puppets >>>> everything else they've done

The Unforgiven and Enter the Sandman are my favorites.
                            I can feel this light that's inside of me, growing fast into a bolt of lightning. I know one spark will shock the world...
                            --Katy Perry

Comment

I like the unforgiven and enter sandman as well even though they donīt sound like Trash metal songs

Is youtube gonna play their live performance ??
                              I read it somewhere

Comment

I'm guessing you prefer their thrash metal days...
                                I can feel this light that's inside of me, growing fast into a bolt of lightning. I know one spark will shock the world...
                                --Katy Perry

Comment

Originally posted by abdon
                                  I read it somewhere
                                  Hmm... actually, they've already performed

The concert I'm about to check is an excerpt of the show.

Look, this site gathered some of the songs on Youtube.

Nothing Else Matters, Enter Sandman and Master of Puppets there!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wardo
                                    Originally posted by abdon
                                    I read it somewhere
                                    Hmm... actually, they've already performed

The concert I'm about to check is an excerpt of the show.

Look, this site gathered some of the songs on Youtube.

Nothing Else Matters, Enter Sandman and Master of Puppets there!!!!

Gr8!! thanks for the link!! I will check it right now

Comment

A shaky register, still close to the stage.

I can feel it

Nothing Else Matters

Comment

I can feel it

Nothing Else Matters
                                        They sound awesome.

How'd you get a hold of this? Were you there?[/quote]
                                        --Katy Perry

Comment

"One" is hands down my fave of theirs. Probably the only 8 minute thrash song to actually make the US top 40.
                                          My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

Originally posted by Titan3510

I can feel it

Nothing Else Matters
                                            They sound awesome.

How'd you get a hold of this? Were you there?
                                            I wish! Rock in Rio (even when it doesn't happen in Rio de Janeiro) is pretty broadcasted in Brazil.

So there are TV channels that show all the concerts.

Now I'm looking forward to Springsteen, Joss Stone, Stevie Wonder and Kaiser Chiefs.

Comment

Today marks the anniversary of another huge album this time July 27th back in 84 (Madonna's "Madonna" in 83 in July 27th as well): Ride the Lightning

The album peaked at #100 on the BB200 albums, and it's been certified 6xP in the USA!

more info on sensei wikipedia ( ) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ride_the_Lightning

are there any rock fans at all in here? abdon, Dane, Basil, Rattlehead93, etc where are ya?

Comment

The Black album is amazing, but Iron Maiden are the best metal band ever!!!

Comment

Metallica fans, you have only little more than 2 days to get your votes in for the Album of the 80s countdown

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97193" target="_blank
                                                  My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

Working...
                                                  X