X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eternal

Heres a link to Just A Step From Heaven, my favourite song of theirs:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ4d7hub3AI

This is the first single I ever got so this song is very special to me! I still like it and think the song and video were ahead of their time. Eternal had hits in Europe, USA, Asia and Australia and think they are one of the best (girl) bands ever from the UK.
    They had so many other hits I could mention (Stay, Oh Baby I, Power Of A Woman, I Am Blessed, I Wanna Be The Only One, Angel Of Mine...).
    These went platinum so many times in the UK. They were the soundtrack to a lot of my years!

Eternal were incredible, this is by far my favourite single of theirs as well. They had some great songs, 'Power Of A Woman', 'Oh Baby I', 'So Good', 'Stay', 'Crazy' and 'Save Our Love' are all amazing.
    So when I speak, listen

Comment

I've changed the title of this thread to just 'Eternal' so we can talk about the band and any of their singles/albums instead of just one of their songs.
      Am I right in saying their Always and Forever album is one of the best selling girl band albums ever in the UK?

Comment

Probably my favourite UK girlgroup (alongside All Saints). It's a shame that none of the rumoured/planned reunions actually came about in the end - I had tickets to see them (with En Vogue and Boyz II Men) in Manchester in late 2006 but the tour was cancelled, probably due to lack of interest. :(

My favourite song from them is probably "Don't You Love Me", but I also love "Oh Baby I...", "Stay", "Save Our Love", "I Am Blessed", "Power Of A Woman"... So many great singles!

Their fourth and last album was so under-rated it was criminal. Sure they were reduced to a duo by that time but the album was really good and "Watcha Gonna Do" was a really great song IMO.
        "I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"

Comment

Another fantastic British R&B group.
          We've had so many, but all have had shortlived success/careers.
          Eternal
          Honeyz
          Mis-Teeq
          The 411

Probably some more that I've forgotten!

Don't You Love Me and Just A Step From Heaven are both classic tunes!

Comment

Eternal were amazing!! I wish they'd reunite!
            CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

Comment

Re: Eternal

Originally posted by diamondtooth
              Heres a link to Just A Step From Heaven, my favourite song of theirs:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ4d7hub3AI
              Quality single/video that! (I thought YouTube were blocking music videos here now, heh)

Probably their strongest single ever.

Comment

Originally posted by UKMusicLova
                N.T.Y.C.E.Aint nobody can do it like we!

Eternal were brilliant and what a great run of top 10 hits they had! My favourite has always been "Oh Baby I", but their uptempo tracks were great, they had girl power long before the Spice Girls.
                1 Harry Styles|2 Dua Lipa |3 Doja Cat |4 Elodie|5 Lizzo |

Comment

Never Gonna Give You Up from their debut album randomly came on my PC player a minutes ago - great pop/r'n'b album.

My fave has to be Stay. I don't like anything they did after 1994 incidentally.

Comment

Comment

Love that picture. Thank you for posting it. They had some great single covers. The Save Our Love, So Good and Power Of A Woman single covers were amazing. Unfortunately I don't know how to post them though

Comment

Their last album is such a sad loss :( SO MANY great songs!!

1. Whatcha Gonna Do
                        2. Treat Me Like A Lady
                        3. Sunday Morning
                        4. I Cry Real Tears
                        5. Pillow Talk
                        6. Missing You
                        7. Sensual Man
                        8. Free To Live
                        9. Your Love Makes Me Weak
                        10. If She Breaks Your Heart
                        11. Absent From You
                        12. A Melody
                        13. He Is
                        14. Keeping Me Down

There's a single remix of I Cry Real Tears floating around somewhere. Does anyone know where to find it?

Comment

also, I forgot how amazing the B-side We're Not Making Love Anymore from that era is!

Comment

Originally posted by UKMusicLova
                            Another fantastic British R&B group.
                            We've had so many, but all have had shortlived success/careers.
                            Eternal
                            Honeyz
                            Mis-Teeq
                            The 411

Don't You Love Me and Just A Step From Heaven are both classic tunes!
                            Cleopatra

Comment

Louise is so out of place! You just know they only stuck her in the group to help launch her solo career. She's the least "Soul/R&B" person that isn't Emma Bunton or Lolly.

It's a shame they didn't just keep TJ for the last album they worked better as a three piece and having a girl replace Kelly and leave straight away done them no favours.
                              Uk the only way

Comment

Are there any Eternal fans still lurking on here? It's been a while since I posted an Eternal pic...

This year is 20 years since Eternal's début single, Stay, hit the charts. There's a bit of chatter on Twitter #Eternal20.

Comment

Love Eternal - they were brilliant back in the day, and hearing 'Just A Step From Heaven' takes me right back to hearing it on Nickelodeon UK when they used to show music videos before shows came on (before they introduced presenters on the UK channel!)

So many great singles - their Greatest Hits is a brilliant collection.
                                  Without Any Meaning / We're Just Skin & Bone / Like Beautiful Robots Dancing Alone.

Comment

One of the strongest tracks ever IMHO, a classic.

I'm going to post a picture of my 130+ Eternal CDs soon... spent a lot of time today sorting out the whole CD collection (I also have 23 by the Honeyz btw), but haven't figured out exactly how to photograph all those Eternal CDs yet.

Comment

^^ First time I see lars post about music!! Hello man!!!

Angel Of Mine!
                                      Luc

I have hatred towards the entire world,
                                      and you are no exception

Comment

I tend to try and stay impartial or just lurk... but a little bit of Eternal stanning now & then can't hurt. ;)

Comment

Thanks for inspiring me to dig out their greatest hits (which I haven't heard for years). Yeah, definitely the best UK R&B group by far, also I agree "Just A Step From Heaven" is my favorite from them too, others include Stay, Save Our Love, Oh Baby I, Crazy (the entire debut album is great, I had it on cassette), Don't You Love Me and Angel Of Mine. Not too keen on Louise's solo career though. Am I right that UKMix began as an Eternal fansite?
                                          jio CHARTS NOW:24/2/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10352834

Comment

No worries. For some reason I think a lot of their more religious songs are among the best... Amazing Grace,, Something Inside So Strong, I Am Blessed, His Eye Is On The Sparrow, to name a few. Probably because you get a clear view of the vocals. Although, I do remember when Stay was in the charts, and I didn't know or care who Eternal were but loved the track.

You're almost right; UKMIX started as a kind of collaboration between a few fan sites including my Eternal site, but also sites for Louise, Hinda Hicks, All Saints and Cleopatra (hello Amir!) It originally stood for UK Music Internet eXchange, and had prominent links to those sites on the home page.

My passion for Eternal was rekindled when I - very belatedly - stumbled across this mp3 by Easther Bennet(sic). For me, the world stops when I hear Easther's voice.

Comment

They were the original Destiny's Child one singer and 2 back ups I love all their singles and there voices were great too,

Comment

I LOVE Eternal!

Great songs IMO:

Just a step from heaven
                                                Stay
                                                Oh baby I
                                                I wanna be the only one
                                                Save our love
                                                I am blessed
                                                Don't you love me
                                                I feel the earth move
                                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Glad to have unearthed a few people on here who like Eternal.

@RayRay, that's a very strong list... I love 'I Feel The Earth Move', partly for its crazy gospel ending but also because I like every track on the Tapestry album (original and covers). (I'm old enough to remember the Martika version coming out but not the original...)

Comment

Working...
                                                  X